• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's AT Compilation Thread

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
so jump cancelled up smash with villager slides a littlle bit,
I fused it with DIRTBUS, but it does no extra sliding. It's just good to slide a bit more incase you fail the DIRTBUS. Using C stick or A+up is pretty much the same for me.

Next I tried the edge sliding (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMBrKq_iCE) to DIRTBUS.
Edge sliding DIRTBUS goes a bit further than normal DIRTBUS from the edge, due to the edge sliding. I compared it on Battlefield using where the fire works hits the first floor platform as my measurement.

Edge sliding is heaps good on downsmash.

Next part, is for perfect pivoting, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMBrKq_iCE which I still haven't gotten good enough at perfect pivoting.

If anyone can do this, that would be great. Tag me if you do please. cheers.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Can you OoS DIRTBUS reliably or should I just do OoS USmash
I really need to learn how to dirtbus

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
DIRTBUS still in.

Either one-chop was removed, or I still suck at it.
Can you OoS DIRTBUS reliably or should I just do OoS USmash
I really need to learn how to dirtbus
I'd suggest just Usmash OoS, for DIRTBUS, you gotta get a running start XD and dashing OoS....idk never heard of that being a thing lol.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
As far as I can tell, B-Reversing pocket is still in, as is Instant Tree.
B-Reversing the axe and Waterslide still appear to be in, but I'd never extensively used them so I can't say that they work the exact way and that I'm even doing the right thing.

Everything else I either wasn't able to pull off pre-patch or I don't have the ability to test right now.

EDIT: sorry, The aerial B-Reversing with Axe and Pocket weird momentum thing is still in. Haven't checked doing it on the ground.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hmm...if I add that, I might as well add RAR bair :S it's just a standard RAR...unless someone knows otherwise?
Ah i see Number 6 was going farther because of the horizontal momentum?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ah i see Number 6 was going farther because of the horizontal momentum?
Nah, just seems like it cuz of the reverse spin. It realistically can't go further, because there's no additonal horizontal momentum.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Nah, just seems like it cuz of the reverse spin. It realistically can't go further, because there's no additonal horizontal momentum.
It is much more faster and adds options though.

Last edited:

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
The horizontal distance you travel from RAR nair is longer than a normal jump nair. Nice finding on that.
RAR nair is not faster. both nairs come out on frame 3, jumping is like 1 frame.

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
:4villagerf: Villager Innovative Techniques Guide (Part 2) Just4U :4villagerf:

Last edited:

DoctorRotom

Smash Cadet
Forgive me for sounding like a filthy casual, but is there a visual cue for DIRTBUS? I'm having a little trouble getting the timing down. It's sporadic at best.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Forgive me for sounding like a filthy casual, but is there a visual cue for DIRTBUS? I'm having a little trouble getting the timing down. It's sporadic at best.
It's just hard to do lol

Do it as his arm moves back, after the dash...I think

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That helped a bit actually! Thanks buddy. I wish it were just inputs like DACUS lol. Timing on tech has always been a little problem for me.
Villager has some incredibly precise stuff...One-chop (RIP, pre-patch), DIRTBUS, and now it seems we might have Lloid Brake.

Which btw will be added to the list of ATs when we can find out more about it.

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
Villager has some incredibly precise stuff...One-chop (RIP, pre-patch), DIRTBUS, and now it seems we might have Lloid Brake.

Which btw will be added to the list of ATs when we can find out more about it.
Lloid break?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Found out that a better visual cue for DIRTBUS is when Villager's front foot is about to touch the ground after his initial dash. You can't actually react to it, but it seems to be between having his front foot up, and having it touch the ground.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
After practicing DIRTBUS in 1/4 speed, I realized there is a very slight jump in Villager's animation that signals exactly where you're supposed to input the up-smash. It's most clearly seen if you watch the video below in .25x speed and look at Villager's arm, and it happens a little before the Villager begins to crouch down. The 'jump' in the animation goes hand in hand with Darklink's explanation of right about where Villager's front foot touches the ground.

This little inconsistency in the animation has vastly improved the accuracy of my DIRTBUS attempts; so much so that I was even able to get the last three DIRTBUSes in my video in a row, despite the fact they were on higher speeds! Hopefully this helps anyone who's trying to get the timing down :)

I don't have access to any editing software, so forgive me for the sloppy nature of this video.

EDIT: Turns out I DO have some editing software, so here it is in super slow motion so you can better see what I'm talking about. The annotations tell you where to look.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
^^^^

noyce~

YOU CAN TAKE OUR TREES

BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE OUR DIRTBUS

Anyone tried doing a dirtgrab?

It'd go pretty far if it works for that, like with lloid and pocket as well xD

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This. This helps. A lot.
@ Nintendoge_ Nintendoge_ Thank you kind sir.

Edit: @ Darklink401 Darklink401 Dirtgrab? Forgive my ignorance. I've neglected my Villager for a while.
Well the DIRT (dash into run transition) not only applies for upsmash, but also for pocket and lloid, and I THINK for dash attakc and grab it should as well.

So we just call them like DIRTPocket, DIRTlloid, etc XDD

Last edited:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Well the DIRT (dash into run transition) not only applies for upsmash, but also for pocket and lloid, and I THINK for dash attakc and grab it should as well.

So we just call them like DIRTPocket, DIRTlloid, etc XDD
I need to try getting grab with this..

AJL

Smash Cadet
NNID
jplacura
3DS FC
3110-5257-7666
I'm not quite sure yet, but I believe DIRTBUS works as DIRTBFS (forward smash) too.

AJL

Smash Cadet
NNID
jplacura
3DS FC
3110-5257-7666
Oooh, oops. I might've done it in the initial dash animation then.
Something I do during edge guarding is stand about a bowling ball diameter length from the ledge and wait (preferably in shield). If my opponent happens to lose their invincibility, I dash in and FS out of it which usually catches them off guard since I'm not right at the edge. Plus I can still punish other getup options.
I think I assumed that Villager slides during the FS part and thought the ledge was stopping me. But hey, FS out of dash could be useful for something. Or I've just been stupid in the last 2 posts. There's that too.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oooh, oops. I might've done it in the initial dash animation then.
Something I do during edge guarding is stand about a bowling ball diameter length from the ledge and wait (preferably in shield). If my opponent happens to lose their invincibility, I dash in and FS out of it which usually catches them off guard since I'm not right at the edge. Plus I can still punish other getup options.
I think I assumed that Villager slides during the FS part and thought the ledge was stopping me. But hey, FS out of dash could be useful for something. Or I've just been stupid in the last 2 posts. There's that too.
Villager's dash animation stops really quick, so he can definitely dash > fsmash, tho for what you described, Foxtrot-cancelled fsmash might be quicker.

AJL

Smash Cadet
NNID
jplacura
3DS FC
3110-5257-7666
Hmm, never thought of that.

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Hey guys, throwing another accidental discovery at you. Haven't been able to replicate it yet, but hoping one of you can: some kind of delayed lloid~

Edit: had to replace the link

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Hey guys, throwing another accidental discovery at you. Haven't been able to replicate it yet, but hoping one of you can: some kind of delayed lloid~

Time to hit the lab. Again.

Edit: Is this thread worthy?

Last edited:

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Might need its own topic, wasn't sure. Regardless, the replay is uploaded and searchable, if any of you want it~

Top Bottom