• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager or issabelle?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I think Villager mainly because his side b makes it much harder to edge guard him than Isabelle

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Villager demands stage control with side-b, kills with tree and bowling ball, buries with down-smash, and has a real jab. Isabelle is cute and fun, but Villager is clearly better.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I like them both, I can't really decide who I like more but I've used Villager a little more since I like to switch between the fem alts a lot.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Based on my experience, Villager seems like a better character. Lloid Rocket is a good anti-ground projectile which allows him to follow up with fair/bair if you try to jump over it. Timber creates a wall between him and his opponent, and he can set it up as an edge-guard. Bowling Ball also comes out quick and is another good edge-guarding tool. I think his neutral air is better than Isabelle's as well. He can ground his opponent and punish them afterwards. Up tilt also kills, I think. His jab is very annoying this time, too. It does a lot of damage.

Isabelle has her Fishing Rod, so it's good for a tether grab and to yank her opponents while onstage or offstage. Especially if you try to edge-guard her, she can use her side B to grab and toss you off into the blastzone. It'd be wise to wait for her to use her Balloon Trip. Her Lloid Trap is good for trapping, but it doesn't seem very useful against those who are wise about avoiding it. It can also be destroyed with attacks. Her Party Popper is strong, but it lacks range. It might be good against aggressive players.

Both are annoying characters, but Villager seems like the better of the two.

RastaPasta

Smash Rookie
Who is better and why?
Even though both Villager and Isabelle have very similar movesets Villager in my opinion is a stronger version of Isabelle. All of the disadvantages that Villager has Isabelle has but worse. She struggles with escaping pressure, she has trouble killing without hard commitment, her recovery is susceptible (although a little stronger than Villager's with her side b) and she has the added disadvantage of a weaker ledge guard and ledge trap game. Villager has better kill potential than Isabelle and Isabelle has a slightly better turtling game but it's not enough to be significant.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I think Villager is better.

His Lloyd Rocket is a lot more versatile, can be used as a projectile, and to mix-up recovery and off-stage game. Isabelle's Lloyd Rocket is easily bypassed and isn't really that effective at controlling space. Additionally, Villager's Tree is a pretty handy move that can stop projectiles and is a niche KO option. Isabelle does have Fishing Rod, and an aerial grab is always great, but her throws aren't particularly strong and her KO potential overall is rather average.

Overall, I feel that Villager's specials can cover more options and are just plain better in most matchups.

*edit*

Forgot to mention, Villager's Bowling Ball can be dropped off-stage to hit opponents recovering from a vertical position. Not the case with Isabelle.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I don't consider myself great with either so I'm not the best to say, but there are things I like/dislike about each.

:ultvillager: - Lloyd Rocket is a useful projectile. He's good at edgeguarding low, of course; my not maining him, though, I always confuse him for a character that actually has a forward smash. The bowling ball's pitiful range screws me a little too often.

:ultisabelle: - Mines are great. She actually has a forward smash. Neutral attack is garbage. Fishing rod I understand is amazing but much like the bowling ball, I usually just end up leaving myself wide open with it. Honestly I would love to be a spammy jackass and have a character with both Lloyds.

I think I like Villager just a little more simply because I feel I can be a bit more active/aggressive with him than I can with mines and fishing.

Top Bottom