• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids of myself playing as Sonic!

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I recorded some matches of myself playing as Sonic. What do you guys think? Am I any good with him yet?

I have heard alot of negetive stuff about Sonic, but I seem to be able to hold a steady match. And please watch the whole video, and not just the start. In the Sonic vs Snake, I do some awesome FS dodging =D

Sonic vs Captain Falcon

Sonic vs Snake

Sonic vs Luigi

ATTN: I KNOW ITEMS ARE ON! :p

So, whaddya think? I haven't had the game for very long.

Astrobot7000

Smash Rookie
Sonic is definitely more balanced when playing brawl how it is supposed to be played, with items. I like that especially considering I have no aspirations of ever playing competitively. I don't even like playing sans items. Sonic will be my main, and with items on he seems just as good as anyone else. I am happy.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Mistle, I have something you need to look up for me :p
At 1:52 of the Snake video, you start a Fair and end with a Uair in the same motion. Can you check for IASA frames on his Fair? That means canceling the end of the attack straight into another (not sure if you're familliar with the termonology. It's like Marths Dtilt in melee (and Brawl) If you use it, there's some lag, but you can attack during the lag to stop lagging.

Also, nice work. You're better than most Sonics at the moment. Which isn't saying much lol, but it's something. You might be using that homing attack too much for your own good though. Other than taht, tech chasing and hit-n-running might be something to look at cause your aggressiveness got you into trouble with Falcon and Snake a bit there.

S4k3

Smash Rookie
I really enjoyed those matches (but why the ugly alternate colors? ha ha) You really use Sonic's attacks well and don't abuse the running-into-a-spin ball-attack like I've seen so often.

Top Bottom