• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids of my Yoshi

Mmac

Smash Lord
I think your Yoshi is pretty good, judging from the first video. You control your airgame rather well and you are great at comboing (even though it was a Fat Penguin). Some problems is that you need to work on dodging alittle bit. Never, ever use Standing Grabs. You should learn how to do Quick Pivots instead. It's the same thing, but 500 times better. You used Fair alittle much, and same with the DownB's at the end.

Otherwise, your Yoshi is pretty good

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
First I would like to say that these vids were good to watch. It's never a bad thing to see another good Yoshi player. On to critique:
It does seem like you use fair a little much on the approach. There's really no need for it when nair gets the job done better. Like Mmac said, try not to keep up the downB spams. If you don't feel comfortable with pivots, at least use running grabs, which have less windup lag. Another thing I'd like to see you work on more is off-the-ledge egg throws, which usually will get opponents out of your face.
Otherwise great work, I'm looking forward to see what you put out there in the future.

Edit: On an unrelated topic, I liked your Samus in Melee too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Thx, both of you, and yeah i know i was spammy with down-b, idk what i was doing, don't normally play like that, maybe once or twice a match. What do you mean by "off-the-ledge egg work"

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Pretty much. Stuff that's been around since Melee but is easier to do now (and slightly more effective given that you're harder to edgeguard, and you don't lose your second jump). Not anything too extreme but lots of characters can't really deal with it.

D

Deleted member

Not bad at all. For a yoshi secondary, you seem pretty good with yoshi and as a player overall. A few character specific tips:

Never ever nair D3 when he can shield. Ever. SG everytime.
SH dair approaches are amazing against D3. They destroy his shield while putting you out of range of retaliation, and if he doesnt shield it...well maybe he will wish he had. Lots of damage. You seemed to be good at comboing, maybe a few simpler bair to tilts might do you a little good as well.

Good stuff sir. And yes, ECEs ****.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ty blister, but i doubt i would play yoshi against a DDD anyway, i have pikachu for that. But i get what you mean.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Pretty good yoshi, only thing (and everyone already pointed this out) you DownB a smidge too much. and i'm not sure but I think you're tap jumps on from what I've seen, I think yoshi plays worlds better when you take tap jump off but that's just me. But yeah, we need to do some yoshi dittos sometime. I'll even try some pika dittos too but I'd just get ***** =P

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I can't take tap jump off, i play pikachu and its hard to quick attack cancel with it.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
You could always use two names and mess with the controls. I did that because although I like Kirby with normal controls, I use tap jump off and R for jump with Yoshi.

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
Just some quick tips. Try to immediately b-air after running or rolling away from your opponent at close range. Use can also use the egg toss slide when running away at greater distances.

If you get your opponent with a b-air you can immediately do another b-air or two. Also d-airs are good against ddd however make sure you keep Yoshi moving forward when performing the d-air to avoid being grabbed or tilted. d-air is a really good move in general and can be really effective if you are cornered at the the ledge.

You can check one of my matches to see some of the things mentioned above and just to give you some suggestions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7afXOqHHp0&feature=related

Also get that Yoshi movin, they gave him his signature Nikes for a reason :) but I guess it depends on your style of play.

My favorite tip to any Yoshi user is throwing eggs saves lives.

Keep at it ur doing good!

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Hey yoshi's, i second yoshi and wanted to get some feedback on some matches.

vs Dedede
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cOJSsuTOXXk
I watched only the first video, I hope you don't mind. Anyway, as for your technique, it was cool. You could maybe of used a couple of downwards smashes at time when you got launched into the air. Apart from that, I didn't see any problems. :laugh:
Oh, and I should probably mention that there's actually already a sticky thread for displaying your videos in.

The original quote has nothing to do with what I'm commenting on. Kiwikomix just has a cool Kirby avatar. STFU if it's a default one, though. :D
I'm loving your avatar, Kiwikomix.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
LoL, it is default. I was planning on finding a Yoshi one, but when I saw this I was like "**** that, this one has both Kirby AND a disrespectful message in it"

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Sry, i don't normally go to the yoshi boards so i didn't know about that thread. I was doing the egg slide thingy against seibrik 2 days ago (DDD and Snake) not recorded though, and it was helping. I was also chaining bairs and using dairs more, and it was working with fantastic results. Thx and i hope to get more vids out soon.

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
The egg slide is definitely good for opponents who wait for you to do a dash attack to grab you. Its useful in mind games and help maintain spacing from characters like Snake that can just bash you when you get close enough.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Sry, i don't normally go to the yoshi boards so i didn't know about that thread. I was doing the egg slide thingy against seibrik 2 days ago (DDD and Snake) not recorded though, and it was helping. I was also chaining bairs and using dairs more, and it was working with fantastic results. Thx and i hope to get more vids out soon.
Not a problem, as long as you know what to do from now on. ^_^ I look forward to seeing some more video clips of your battles/techniques.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Idk when ill have more vids up, but the DDD i play totally shuts down my tilt game...except down tilt but against DDD its not the best of things to use...and he doesn't play kirby anymore so i won't get vids of that. Hopefully ill get vids against my bro's ZSS so you guys can use that in the mathcups thread.

Top Bottom