• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Videos of my Falco in progress :). (Yes already lol)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok ill practice that, Falco is my counter against snake. Also to hylian how do you do against a Snake player with IC? I heard Snake >IC in the match up , is it true?
I have trouble vs snakes with ICs. I go about even with one of the top snakes in texas with ICs, but I beat him in tournament recently with G&W.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Nice

But now I know you will CG often and perform Double Spike suicides often as well xD

Match 3 was the best IMO You Spiked him on the floor of Halberd and got offstaged KO as the platformed blasted off. SET SAIL FOR FAIL METAKNIGHT!! xD

Ulevo

Smash Master
That's a nice start Hylian. :)

Some things I would like to recommend, as you will likely hit the basics quick:

- Always jump to Phantasm while in use. It reduces the lag quite a bit, and is very difficult to punish the lower to the ground you perform it. Very good for retreats and damage dealing.

- Abuse the shine as a spacing tool, especially against characters with intimidating recovery or longer Melee than your own. It will keep you safe, add percent conveniently with little to no risk to yourself, and frustrate your opponent into edge guards and spikes. It's also worth noting the shine trips on the occasion, so it may help to tech chase or follow with lasers.

- Pillar. I mean it. Shuffle Dair to short hop Dair. It will plant them on there face, and usually starts to work well once a CG no longer does if you happen to be too far from a ledge to spike. It's an awesome tech chase set up with tools like the Boost Smash, and it wracks up the damage better than most of his tactics.

- If you can get the timing, abuse Silent Lasers. It is important to constantly short hop with Falco to keep them guessing, as they need to watch for SHL and SHDL. While the distance is appropriate, throw Silent Lasers sparingly to confuse and fluster them while you short hop, as it will catch them off guard and flux there focus.

Those are the tips I have to offer.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Hmm... your falco is doing well so far. You are pretty good with the chaingrab. Just be careful as it won't help with characters like wario, zelda, and game & watch. ;) Gotta learn to master those aerials too lol. I suggest trying to work as much SH immediate phantasm, SHDL, SH nair and SH bair into your playing style as you can.

Also, just because Hylian is connected with Sethlon doesn't mean he's trying to peddle himself as the god of falco. I mean, not that Sethlon is the god of falco in the first place(he's definitely leading the metagame right now though), but Hylian is obviously being humble.

"Wow, thanks a ton everyone!!! I really really appriciate all this great advice . I look forward to learning more about this character from you all"

Hylian has the right mindset with this. He's asking the falco board for help in advancing his falco abilities.

Anyways, good luck to whoever chooses to use Falco. His metagame is becoming quite advanced these days.

D

Deleted member

Rather than going for a poorly spaced dair off the chaingrab, try PBGing them around and then going for the dair (so it hits them onto the stage instead, and it becomes respaced because of the dthrow). Tech read off the dair if they don't tech it, and follow up with another Dthrow, ect ect. The only reason I say this is because it seems like you went for a few dairs that could have easily been DIed out of or airdodged after your chaingrabs, and those really aren't the best way to go, especially against a char like Metaknight who will survive the dair anyway.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
You rely on dthrow alot. You could be alot more defensive. Use Falco's laser more stall and bring up damage without you getting hit. Also, use reflector more to distance yourself. You can improve your jab>jab>fsmash. Try shorthop>Nair>cancel to jab>jab>reflector>fsmash. It looks like alot but will rack up damage a little better than using chaingrabs over and over again.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
You rely on dthrow alot. You could be alot more defensive. Use Falco's laser more stall and bring up damage without you getting hit. Also, use reflector more to distance yourself. You can improve your jab>jab>fsmash. Try shorthop>Nair>cancel to jab>jab>reflector>fsmash. It looks like alot but will rack up damage a little better than using chaingrabs over and over again.
Get your flame shield up, you're in for a storm.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
That might work under two conditions:

1) Your opponent DI's towards you, and chooses to not react.

2) Your opponent walks away from their controller, because they know they no longer have to actually try to beat you.

Seriously, I am beginning to feel like people don't pay attention to these boards, or to the actual game they revolve around. If you played Brawl on a competitive level, like a serious level, you'd know that stuff like that just doesn't work. And if it does once, it will not happen again, because all you have to do is hold away, and after the Nair or Shine, you are out of harms way.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
O_o. those combos would NEVER WORK on an oponent above the age of 8, who knows how to play the game. look around the falco boards before you start trying to give crappy advice. and P.S. Falco's Dthrow is his best throw dmg wise and set-up wise. you only would use other throw to mix it up a little.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Get your flame shield up, you're in for a storm.
...jesus christ, grow some balls please? don't take it so personally...you haven't really proven to any of us why hylian should be more versatile. but if you think the burden of proof is on us, then i guess i'll take the responsibility - but don't take the internet so **** seriously and don't be spiteful (unless it's like a coastal rivalry). there's no reason to do either one, especially when its smash and people are just saying things for the sake of helping others.

It looks like you rely on the chaingrab too much, which isn't always bad, but it's nice to see a change. Other than that, practice more of an aerial game, and it's lookin pretty good.
Rely on the chain grab too much - you cannot rely on tactics to win "too much". If he gets a FREE 50% off of chain grabbing and he can do it pretty easily, then why should he not do it every stock? It's nice to see a change doesn't even pertain to whether his playing is good or bad. Practice more of an aerial game - against Metaknight, he can't go to the air in all but the safest situations. Don't be so general with your comments about Brawl; this is a heavy matchup-based game.

Like I said, it's nice to see a change. If I want to watch a falco video, I don't want to see every stock starting off with the same thing, it just gets boring. Like I said, it's not a bad thing, just not enjoyable.
If you admitted that it's not a bad thing then why do you even proceed with your arguments? Moreover why should he change if he can get to a halfway killing percentage every time against Metaknight?

You seem pretty entertained from that jab jab fsmash combo.
It's the fact that if you're going to show how you're playing a new character, show some **** originality, something that isn't like, "oh MK just died, I bet he goes for a chaingrab spike"

Because you keep going for the chaingrab, I can't say, man that's a great falco you have there, it's more like, man he knows how to chaingrab. Then a few aerials or a forward smash. (obviously there was more originality than that)
IDK, just my opinion.
Why should he show some originality when he has a safer option? Moreover why shouldn't he learn his safer options when trying a new character? If they are safer then when he gets better at Falco and fights against better players he'll need safer options to get that free percentage. Show some **** originality when you're playing a new character - against Metaknight, what else should he do to get that 50% on from 0%? If he doesn't do that chaingrab he risks eating an easy 40% before he gets MK anywhere close to 50%. This argument is like saying that a new Marth player, on FD, shouldn't try to CG a space animal if he has the option because he needs to show that he knows all the facets of the character when he's starting out and he has the potential to develop them. Or that maybe he shouldn't go for the Ken Combo when he has the chance, or the M2K Edgeguard when he has the chance, or the Cort Edgeguard (Fair->UpB) when he has the chance. Why shouldn't he show that he knows options that will serve him well throughout his entire playing career? Wouldn't that demonstrate how much skill he had - being able to consistently do stuff that will help him win?

K Hylian wins. Hylian doesn't lose. Chaingrab everystock, especially against those you can't chaingrab. My advice to all falco players is don't chaingrab, or at least that's what Hylian says. NO chaingrabbing. Oh, and have fun chaingrabbing every character, I'm sure it will work out fine.
Your sarcasm fails epically. Chain grab every stock - if he can, why shouldn't he?
Against characters he can't chain grab he's obviously not going to BECAUSE HE KNOWS NOT TO.

Also I'm pretty sure that saying "Why shouldn't he chain grab?" doesn't equal "He shouldn't chain grab at all". Stop misconstruing others' arguments when there's obvious implications.

Flaming? no.
Him not doing anything wrong to me? no.

He put words in my mouth, saying I said not to chaingrab at all.
All I said was if he was trying to show us his Falco, then don't show us a video of him chaingrabbing every stock. Show some versatility.

So if I put out a video of my Falco and say please tell me how I am, and the video is my falco vs a bad ike, and I chaingrab spike EVERY stock, you would say nothing?
If he was trying to show us his Falco then that means that he'd show us what he has. Also, that "versatility" thing I've addressed already...another thing is that when he wasn't chaingrabbing he was plenty versatile.

The putting words in my mouth thing...yeah. Addressed.

If you were against a bad Ike we would obviously tell you to get better opponents. Besides, if you are facing Ike you have every reason to CG-Spike...it's reliable! Also, if he was bad and you're better then there's no reason NOT to try out other moves. Hylian and his opponent were both just starting out on their characters and learning them, so obviously they would go for safer options.

You are an idiot as well.
He didn't prove me wrong at all. I never said not to chaingrab. I said show some versatility. Chaingrabbing isn't the only the falco can do. If he is in a tournament, sure I expect to see a chaingrab every stock. Also, people can escape the chainthrow pretty easily. Marth upb, Bowser up b, a couple can just jump, etc. You need other ways of damage then chaingrab.

Thats all I was saying, and if you people don't understand it then fine, I'm done talking about it because obviously you have to stick up for THE HYLIAN, whatever.
Versatility is already addressed. Chaingrabbing isn't the only thing Falco can do - obviously, which is exactly why he demonstrated that Falco can do other things when he wasn't chaingrabbing. A lot of escapes are punishable (which doesn't include DK's UpB and the Fortress), actually. Again, Hylian showed he could damage beyond the chain grab.

And we were sticking up for Hylian because we thought that he was right. If you actually made points that weren't flimsy and weren't disproven for three pages then we would acknowledge them more seriously.

gg?

EDIT: DR809 your advisories would make more sense if...
1. They worked on people who played competitively. You can DI to escape your combo; Smash DI'ing to the right works pretty nicely.
2. They worked on Metaknight, whose aerials are all quicker and better than yours. Shorthop? Nair, Fair, Dair are all options that come out faster than Falco's Nair.
3. He could play defensive on Halberd and Lylat Cruise. He can not do it as well as he could on YI, Battlefield or Smashville. Those two stages assist Metaknight's mobility quite a bit, decrease yours and almost always pit you at a very close range with the knight.
4. He could fire more lasers on Halberd and Lylat. Pretty difficult against MK on those stages, whose points that defeat lasers are listed in 3.

Top Bottom