• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video to rate my samus and other questions

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
I'd like to take a video to post here so I can get advice on my Samus. Is there a better way to do it besides just taking a video camera and taping the screen? Also, I'm having trouble consistently short hopping and using up tilt. When I try to up tilt I either do a smash or jump. Any tips?

Thanks

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'd like to take a video to post here so I can get advice on my Samus. Is there a better way to do it besides just taking a video camera and taping the screen? Also, I'm having trouble consistently short hopping and using up tilt. When I try to up tilt I either do a smash or jump. Any tips?

Thanks
Three ways to record smash:

1) Use an actual camcorder, preferably with a tripod.
2) Hook smash in through your VCR, then to your TV, and tape it. Once it's taped, you get it to your computer by:
3) Send composite wires of gameplay to a Dazzle recording device, which plugs into USB. Record footage with Windows Movie Maker.

As for up-tilts, I first avoided any problems by hitting up while I was doing something else. For instance, if I hit A to jab, I'd hit and hold up (and couldn't jump since I was jabbing). Then next time I hit A, I would up-tilt. Beyond that, the best way to practice is just slightly hitting up and doing it. There's no real tricks, just practice. Same goes for short-hopping (though at least take comfort in the fact that Samus is tied for the fastest / hardest short-hop).

Top Bottom