• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Threads

Read the OP!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dekar173

Justice Man
"Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over two months ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying."

Alright so, we've run into a sort of dilemma on the Diddy boards. We've got THIS thread for videos, which is stickied but hasn't seen use within the past two months, as well as the CRITIQUE thread for videos (not to mention the fact that people make their own threads for videos).

Who would be opposed to the idea of unstickying P-1's video thread (no offense to you, it's more just the fact that it has sort of fallen out of use) and replacing it with Goose's Critique thread?

Second question- who is opposed (or for) the idea of individual threads for people's video collections?

Post your thoughts, voting's up.

Player-1

Smash Legend
My original idea was to let people post their videos to avoid me putting matches up where someone wasn't playing good, but I'd be willing to change that if it helps at all. Otherwise, I'm all for replacing my thread if it doesn't become more active. And I still think that we should be allowed to post threads with individual videos but maybe just limit it to tournament vids.

Dekar173

Justice Man
My original idea was to let people post their videos to avoid me putting matches up where someone wasn't playing good, but I'd be willing to change that if it helps at all. Otherwise, I'm all for replacing my thread if it doesn't become more active. And I still think that we should be allowed to post threads with individual videos but maybe just limit it to tournament vids.
I like that idea, this is also why we should discuss this sort of thing, because clearly I didn't think of everything in the poll with its measly 4 options lol.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
So, what will be the use of Goose's thread if people post their own threads?
... Oh, wait, you mean like just keep collections of their own vids? But that would be pretty unorganized, don't you think? Why couldn't you just group each person's videos in sections in Player-1's thread?

Either way, I don't see the use of individual threads. Someone lift my confusion?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Imo it's just a preference thing, some people would like to keep their own threads (I'm one of them!) because video compendiums become overloaded with all kinds of vids.

It's a good place to reference for just watching Diddy players in general, but the way I see it, P-1/Goose don't have enough time to manage their threads by putting every single video we ask them to on them, nor should they be expected to.

This way, if someone wants to have a certain set watched etc. all they have to do is reference their own thread, updating whenever they feel necessary.

Like with my thread, I update it whenever I have new vids. I want as much input as possible, because nobody is perfect and there's always room to improve.

It's just very unfortunate that the Diddy boards have recently died in a terrible gasoline fight accident :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
I definitely have enough time but my laptop is really dumb and kinda broken and irritating to work with with big thing like that or writing papers or playing games on it...=/

I'm getting it fixed soon though =o, I talked to Dell yesterday =)

rvkevin

Smash Lord
So if individual player's threads are meant to be for critique, what is the point of the critique thread? Also, does that mean any player with (tournament) videos could have their own thread? If not, by what method do you use, by skill?

I think you could instill a different role to Player-1's video thread...something similar to the best of each character video thread...where the video's that best represent Diddy's current meta game, perhaps categorized by match up, which could be an asset in discussing match ups.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So if individual player's threads are meant to be for critique, what is the point of the critique thread? Also, does that mean any player with (tournament) videos could have their own thread? If not, by what method do you use, by skill?

I think you could instill a different role to Player-1's video thread...something similar to the best of each character video thread...where the video's that best represent Diddy's current meta game, perhaps categorized by match up, which could be an asset in discussing match ups.
I see this as a better option than getting rid of the video thread.

I don't see a problem with us keeping both threads stickied if we go with that :)

But P-1 do you wanna do that??

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
But what happens when there's 20 people with their own threads because they feel special and the Diddy boards look like fools? (exaggerating)

Then again you've got a point that there's no one here.

Edit: towards the posts before the few above this.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
If you make a thread, keep all your videos in one thread. An example of this would be like AZ's thread. He's constantly updating it with new videos, and its extremely well organized. Don't be constantly making new video threads because you forgot where your other one is, search it in the forums, or bookmark it =0.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
If you make a thread, keep all your videos in one thread. An example of this would be like AZ's thread. He's constantly updating it with new videos, and its extremely well organized. Don't be constantly making new video threads because you forgot where your other one is, search it in the forums, or bookmark it =0.
Well that's just a given. No need to discuss that.

Jokes

Smash Cadet
I like Kirby board's video thingy, it just contains a link to everyone's thread, which they can update and bump as they wish, but on their own.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186419
That's what I was thinking. Goose's thread should be mostly for BEGINNER players so that they can get criticized, why do you think we call them "pros"?

We should make one thread, then from that thread, it should branch out into every good Diddy players video thread, so that they're able to update the thread on their own.

I also agree with rvkevin about his idea to show the matchups in videos branching from all the good players. It's a good idea because if someones searching for a video of a good player with a certain matchup, they can simply go to the one thread and look under the character they want work on, and wahlah, videos.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Player-1 on P3's account:

Yeah, that idea sounds a lot better Dekar. I think the best way to organize it would probably be to have it so that only the people in the Diddy Back Room can make threads of their own videos or will be in my video thread. The critique thread can be for all beginning to average diddy players or something (anyone not in the back room). Vyse is the owner of the group so he'd have to invite a few more people to the back room since we never really discuss like...who should be in it, we just flame each other the whole time, lol.

I don't see a problem with a general video thread for people in diddy back room and them having their individual threads, the general video thread would just be like...a table of contents, just so people have an easier time navigating rather than scrolling through threads they're not interested in.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So, from the discussion it seems the best idea would be to have 2 threads, one as a sort of reference thread for videos on how to play match-ups (used for match-up discussions) and one used for getting your Diddy critiqued.

I'm going to sticky Goose's thread, and keep P-1's thread up, so that we can do this, since it's better than any of the ideas I had XD

Top Bottom