• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Video] spammy Pikachu tutorial!

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
Inspired by the lack of spamming Pikachus out there, I created a video on spamming and some advanced techniques that Pikachu has in his arsenal.

I apologize for the lack of quality - there's no excuse to it other than I'm broke and stingy. As long as the point gets across, I'm cool with it.

watch it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=08orVEALkr0

it covers:
thunderjolt spam
- offensively
- defensively
circle dashing
shield run-grabbing
and of course, QAC.

God_Mains_Pichu

Smash Rookie
Circle dancing looks useful! How had I not heard of it before? I assume it is not unique to pikachu? (I never see people doing it in any videos, either. Is it new?)

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
nope, not unique to pikachu, but I did get the idea from a pikachu vid I saw online.

You need to be somewhat fast and have a good short hop to use it effectively. I think pikachu and fox are the best characters for it.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Oh blast. If any of my friends see this, they're going to ban me from playing pikachu. I already use these tactics. To officially categorize them as "spam" is not going to go well for me.

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
i like the video so far, im somewhere in the middle though
youtube wont load it for me for some strange reasons ^^

i like the whole pokemon theme and pikachu vs misty at the beginning ^^

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
Heh, nice.

That's how I played when I first picked up the game(barring QAC, since I didn't know about it), before I learned that Pikachu has other attacks besides Thunder, down smash, and thunder jolt. :p

My friends hated me.

McDandelion

Smash Rookie
Hahaha oh man, Great video!

Pikachu was already such a fun character to mess around with but that "Circle dashing" technique looks hilarious!

I think there should be a mandatory rule that all future Pikachu tutorials must include the Pokemon Johto song. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Good music, good techniques, all around good tutorial. I was a bit upset when the pokemon theme went off though. Those techs look intimidating, but I'll try them nonetheless.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Amazing stuff, but I still suck with Pika.

By the way... Is your name suppose to be offensive?

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
hahah, well I was kind of sick of the pokemon theme...

Maybe I'll make a video focusing on the different aspects of circle-dashing; who wants?

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Nice video. Completely useful. But are all these tactics really spam? I don't know, they just don't feel spammy.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
LOL not really... To tell you the truth, I made the video just on thunder spamming, and then felt guilty that it wasn't really advanced enough... if you look at all the tactics though, they're almost all counters or defensive.

stevensteve

Smash Cadet
i sent this message to the OP but it might be possible that others know the answer as well

--------

hi there.

i saw your video and i must say, very impressive pikachu!
(good music choice as well lol)

anyway, i am trying to incorporate your techniques into my gameplay but i am having difficulty doing so.

in your video, you perform a QAC in the left direction and jump in such a way so that your thunder jolt (neutral b in the air) goes right. particularly, it occurs at 1:37-1:43 in the video.

every time i perform a QAC to the left and attempt to do a thunder jolt to the right, the thunder jolt ends up going to the left as well; my pikachu ends up facing the left side even though it jumps to the right. this, unfortunately, defeats the purpose of my thunder jolt since the opponent is facing the right side.

essentially, everytime i QAC in a particular direction, my thunder jolt will travel in that same direction as well

on occasion, i have managed to replicate what you've done in the video but i don't know how i'm doing it.

any tips?

regards,
steven

p.s. my explanation is rather horrible. if clarfication is needed, please say so! ty

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
hmm I dunno. If you're jumping to the right after a leftward QAC, your thunderbolt should also go to the right. I've never really had that problem.
here's my input:
up on the c-stick,
downleft on analog
jump (y) + right on analog
b (b is done a split second afterwards. This is because QAC has lag on landing, so you want a tiny bit of lag from the thunderjolt to cancel out the much greater lag of the QAC).

hope that helps some.

stevensteve

Smash Cadet
hmm I dunno. If you're jumping to the right after a leftward QAC, your thunderbolt should also go to the right. I've never really had that problem.
here's my input:
up on the c-stick,
downleft on analog
jump (y) + right on analog ****
b (b is done a split second afterwards. This is because QAC has lag on landing, so you want a tiny bit of lag from the thunderjolt to cancel out the much greater lag of the QAC).

hope that helps some.

thanks. it did help :p

Top Bottom