• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video showing the full potential of the egg throw recovery!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yea, it's good for recovering, but you have to use it after your double jump to get the full force as seen in the video. It's still really good though, and can help you go high above the stage to prevent edge guarding.

Dogger

Smash Rookie
Yea, it's good for recovering, but you have to use it after your double jump to get the full force as seen in the video. It's still really good though, and can help you go high above the stage to prevent edge guarding.
I really should clarify things since you seem to have this impression. It's true you need momentum for the side movement, but the momentum does NOT come from the second jump. I say use the second jump first because you can't second jump after you do an egg toss. In the video I'm not just holding up+right and spamming B. If you do that he will only move to the side once and after that he will just hover straight down to the floor.

You need momentum after every single toss. So what you have to do is let Yoshi fall at an angle for a split second, then do an egg toss. It's the momentum from the diagonal fall that makes him move to the side. You see?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Does that mean you press Up B as you are moving to the side, then when it ends, press toward the side again to gain momentum and then press Up B, etc?

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I really should clarify things since you seem to have this impression. It's true you need momentum for the side movement, but the momentum does NOT come from the second jump. I say use the second jump first because you can't second jump after you do an egg toss. In the video I'm not just holding up+right and spamming B. If you do that he will only move to the side once and after that he will just hover straight down to the floor.

You need momentum after every single toss. So what you have to do is let Yoshi fall at an angle for a split second, then do an egg toss. It's the momentum from the diagonal fall that makes him move to the side. You see?
Yea, I just went to a tourney that had a Brawl set-up, and this was exactly the case.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
you can't second jump after you do an egg toss.
Are you sure you're not just hitting up before B and canceling your second jump with the egg toss? If Yoshi could egg toss without using his second jump he would possibly have the best recovery in the game.

Top Bottom