• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video: Samus vs luigi/sheik

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman

Watty

Smash Lord
im glad u did this though stuper ive been waiting to see a vid of ya for a long time. GG

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
lol watty, do you mean GG as in "good game youre gonna **** me" or "good game - good match." lol in either case i dont really care a video is a video i just felt like putting it up, but was just curious haha.

Watty

Smash Lord
i meant good game u play like i do i juss shoot more missles and use platforms diffrent than u do but besides that i liked ur samus

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
lol oh okay i thought u meant you were calling me out, lol which i dont mind but its all good, thanks for the feedback :laugh:

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
**** i didnt know u were azeem lol. good stuff, you make the samus/sheik matchup easy, which it really isnt lol. great job dodging needles and winning the aerial battle for the most part. i havent ever played a competent luigi, so i dont know much to say about the match with ROFL other than gj. is it just me or do you play defensively similar to HugS? i guess its the standard samus' defensive style.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
haha i guess i play defensively, but its only because samus' offensive game isnt so strong against good players =p i think she needs to counter attack more to be effective, as opposed to a sheik or fox who are agile enough to attack in more ways without being punished. but eh, i dont play a camper samus, and it was crews so that does make a diff lol

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
looking at ur videos again, i realize that although i play a style similar to your's and HugS's, I have no where near as many mindgames. I just went to a triweekly down here in San Diego(Azeem weren't you supposed to go?) and didn't win one set. although i should john about getting matched up against a good captain falcon and ganondorf(I think I just need more experience against both of them), i think i need to find a way to add to my mindgames. if u ever do make it down here, do u think u can critique my samus?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Cool vids, good display of skills.

Props to that peach for how well he plays versus marths.

The blue marth that started out in the ditto set had some pretty sweet moves, like a forward-air slid off a platform to an up-air. At the end he got a little foolish with trying to avoid fair with DED, though. The luigi had a rough start, but a nice light-shield edgeguard attempt, then got his approach in better order (mis-placed/timed ftilts before then).

A formidable foe. Little to predictable with his rolls, but you dealt will with his wavedash approach with tilts. He got some lucky misfires too. A little to conservative with your fully charged blast in this fight perhaps. There was at least once when he was lying down near the edge I would've shot it, if nowhere else. You both sacrificed a stock from errors. I'd say your biggest room for improvement in this match-up, if I could be so bold, would be to suggest better edge-guarding techniques, besides just a homing missile. Luigi loves to come back low, and good ones wont get hit by Samus' up-tilt. So, stay on the level, shoot some homings, but when he's coming in low and close, edge-hog so he'll either have to try to tornado stall or up-b high, and punish accordingly.

Luigi is also a great character to use grabs on to either exploit or throw off his ground-game. You did have the one really good grab in there, but that was all I saw.

I couldn't tell much from the sheik fight, due to it's shortness, and I'm sure a longer one would prove me wrong, but you were chasing missile a little too close to his shield, which got you grabbed a fiew times when you were coming in with an aerial. Great up-b at the end, thought you were dead for sure, then I thought you were alive. Mindgamed us all :)

I have class around noon tomorrow so I'm going to bed, but I'll probably watch this later.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I was impressed by your speed. I don't think that I have ever jumped up wavelanded on the platform dropped down through platform and attacked all in somebodies lag. One thing I did notice is there were a lot of times when your opponent was standing on the platform right above you, and you did an uair. When your opponent is standing on a platform above you like on yoshi's story, you can hit them with an utilt. Other then that, those were very entertaining matches.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Sorry mars, but an up Air is definately the better option. The utilt works, but it is more situational.

And even if these vids don't prove it (or they might), azeem is definately one of the top 5 samus mains in the nation, based on my traveling experiences.

Watty

Smash Lord
when hugs comes into the samus boards i smile in the inside and out

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
After you go to host you will have played almost every good samus in the nation :).

Watty

Smash Lord
when u play him u will realize on how high of a lvl he is playing compared to the rest of the samus community.

I take it as a huge compliment that hugs put me on that list
but to IMP as a competitor being on it juss shows how big of a gap there is between the top 2 the list to me should be

Hugs
Wes

no1 else matters till they get closer to those 2. but ty, i wont stop at being 1 of the top 5 I will catch u guys 1 day.

btw hugs u and azeem should hit up Catty and or Pound

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
And yeah Azeem very very nice samus I cannot wait to play it at HOST. I can't really give you any advice because you look to be better then me and I can't wait for our MM.

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does Luigi seem to have a lot of high priority moves? How do I get around them? Tilts?

Btw this vid will REALLY help me.

Top Bottom