• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Theme Songs Tablature

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
EDIT: This Thread is for anyone who ants to learn or post Tabs for Video Game Theme Songs. First started as tabs for SSBB but I decided to change it to any game seeing as how I wanted to post some different songs such as Killer Instinct for example. So start posting some tabs!

Got bored of waiting at the online waiting room and this song drives me crazy after about 5 minutes so I decided to learn it. Backwards, huh?

Couldn't find any on the net after quick browsing. This is for anyone who's interested in learning a quick and pretty cool riff on the guitar.

SSBB Waiting Room
Intermediate (Just because it's hard to remember when to transition up and down)
Standard E Tuning
Key = / Slide (Example: 4/6, Hit the string on the 4th fret then slide to 6)

Riff 1
E-------------------------------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------------------------------
G-----4/6--4------------------------4----------------------4------
D--------------7--6--------4--6--7----6---------4--6--7---6--
A------------------------------------------------------------------

Riff 2
E-------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------
D------2--4--4/6--4--2----4/6--------
A---------------------------4----------------

Repeat Riff 1

Riff 3
E------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------
D-------2--4--4/6--4--2--2/4---------
A----------------------------------2/4----
E-----------------------------------------

Sounds better when played on an Acoustic or, an Electric connected to a Marshall. You can trade some of the slides with Hammer ons or add more sliding.

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
(Yeah, I am transcribing this)

Got bored of waiting at the online waiting room and that music drives me crazy after about 5 minutes so I decided to learn it. Backwards, huh?

Couldn't find any on the net after quick browsing and didn't know anywhere else to post it. This is for anyone who's interested in learning a quick and pretty cool riff on the guitar.

Intermediate (Just because it's hard to remember when to transition up and down)
Standard E Tuning
Key = / Slide (Example: 4/6, Hit the string on the 4th fret then slide to 6)

Riff 1
B------------------------------------------------------------------
G-----4/6--4------------------------4----------------------4------
D--------------7--6--------4--6--7----6---------4--6--7---6--
A------------------------------------------------------------------

Riff 2
B-------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------
D------2--4--4/6--4--2----4/6--------
A---------------------------4----------------

Repeat Riff 1

Riff 3
E------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------------
D-------2--4--4/6--4--2--2/4---------
A----------------------------------2/4----
E-----------------------------------------

Sounds better when played on an Acoustic or, an Electric connected to a Marshall. You can trade some of the slides with Hammer ons or add more sliding.
Good job
I currently just learned it by using your tab (Even though I dont use tabs) but you hit the spot!

Its really great, I first thought there were some octave problems but nvm just hearing the song over and over and over... just tells me the notes were right on:bigthumbu

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
Good job
I currently just learned it by using your tab (Even though I dont use tabs) but you hit the spot!

Its really great, I first thought there were some octave problems but nvm just hearing the song over and over and over... just tells me the notes were right on:bigthumbu
Thanks. You're one of the first positive replies I've gotten....ever...that's actually on topic and not actual flaming. I guess flaming is allowed even though I thought it was against the rules, huh. Guess it's only legal if it's against me.

Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it and as a note, I'm currently learning Mute City and will transcribe it soon.

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
You must have been really bored ;_;

That's awesome =]
Thanks and yes I was really bored, lol.

Btw, I posted earlier about transcribing Mute city so I'm thinking now about transcribing all the songs from Brawl that I can i.e. Bramble Blast, Star Wolf (Star Fox Assault), His World, Live & Learn etc. I would like for other people to help too. It would be cool to keep this thread going with a bunch of Tabs for the SSBB Soundtrack from a bunch of different people (at least to me anyways.) And on that note, I'm going to try to post some Youtube vids on how to play them instead of tabs (TRY to). At the least, record my self and post the .wav file to make the tabs easier to read and play along to.

Hopefully this will pickup:)

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
EDIT/UPDATE: I've made a few changes to this post. I'm posting everything but the solo because it is too long. I will, however, make a video in the upcoming weeks. I'm also only posting the string on which each note is played as it saves a lot of room.

Mute City:
Skill - Advanced (Full Song)
Tuning - Standard E
Key - / = Slide, ( ) = Mute, H = Hammer On, P = Pull Off

Main Riff (Piano arranged for Guitar)

------C----D---Eb---D (These are the names of the chords)
D----5----7----8----7
A----3----5----6----5

Repeat Main Riff 1x

Guitar w/Distortion

-----C--C--B--C
D----5--5--4--5
A----3--3--2--3

Repeat the Main Riff 2x then play the Guitar w/Distortion but this time instead of playing the last C chord, stop at B

Main Lead Riff

G----8/10---8---7---5---7---8---8/10---8---7---5

G----(5)H(7)H(8)--(8)/12--10--12/15--13--12--10--12--10--8---7--5--3

Repeat 1x

2nd Lead Riff

G---3--------5-----------7-----------8--------------10-------------10/12
D-----5-7-8---7-9-10---8-10-11---10-12-13---12-14-15

(Riff Continued):

B----------------13------------13/15
G---12-14-15----12-14-15

3rd Lead Riff

B------------------16--15--13------------------------------------------------------------------------13--15/16
G---12--14--15----------------15--14--12----------------------------------------12--14--15-----------
D-------------------------------------------------15--13--12----10--12--13--15--------------------------

Last Riff Before Solo

B---16P15P13--------------------13
G---------------------15P14P12

Repeat Song

Note: The solo can be improvised seeing as your not likely to be playing this theme song at a gig. You're going to have play along with the song to get the hang of it which shouldn't be too hard since you can go to the sound test and play it as many times as you want. If anyone has any questions or requests please tell me. And if anyone has a correction for me to make if I've messed up or gotten something wrong, please post it.

Peace and Enjoy :chuckle:

Next Song: His World

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
Ki

First off, I would like to apologize for the double post. It won't happen again. Secondly, I would like to post some more tabs!

Killer Instinct Theme
I grew up playing KI with my brother on the SNES. I don't know about the rest of you but everytime I hear this song I have to listen to it all the way through. So if you enjoy this song as much as I do, I would like to show you how to play it on the guitar. Quick tip: Use alternate picking (Pick up and down) or it won't sound right.

Skill - Intermidiate
Tuning - Standard E (Although you can tune lower to make it sound darker just be sure to use lots of Delay for the lead)
Key - / = Slide, ( ) = Mute, H = Hammer On, P = Pull Off

Note: I'm only posting the string on which each note is played.

Main Riff (Played through out song)

The D note on the 5th fret in combination with the open E note is just an add-on. The REAL original way is without the D note but it sounds better this way.

A-------------------5-----------------------5---------------------5-------------5-----5--5H7
E---(0)-(0)-(0)-0--(0)-(0)-(0)-(0)-0--(0-(0)-(0)-(0)-0--(0)-(0)---(0)--------

Play Riff 2x

On the third playthrough....

A-------------------5-----------------------5---------------------5---------7--5-----7--5H7
E---(0)-(0)-(0)-0--(0)-(0)-(0)-(0)-0--(0-(0)-(0)-(0)-0----(0)------(0)

Lead (Part 1)

G-------------12--14/16--14--12/11
D---12/14---------------------------------9--12--12/14

Lead (Part 2)

B-------------------------------------------15--15/17----------
G-------------12--14/16--14--14/16--------------14/16
D---12/14--------------------------------------------------

Repeat until Part 2 where the ending changes.

B-------------------------------------------15--15/17---------15---------17
G-------------12--14/16--14--14/16--------------14/16----16P14
D---12/14--------------------------------------------------

Outro Lead

E---17--15-----17--15------------------------17---15P14------------------
B-------------15----------17------------------------------------15-------------
G----------------------------------------------------------------------14/16/14
D---------------------------------17--17--16---------------------------------

And that's the song!

You can go to playlist.com and type in Killer Instinct to listen to it and play up to speed.

Top Bottom