• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video game seres that have "jumped the Shark"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, if you don't know what Jumping the Shark is, Here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

The basis of this thread (I don't know if I put it in the right place), is to say (in opinion), whether or not a video game series has jumped the shark. Here are the requirements:

-Series has to show decline (by this rule, Super Mario and Pokemon are immediately out, because they aren't slowing down any time soon)
-Change in design does not constitute jumping Shark, especially if it is rather successful (No Metroid Prime jerks!)
-Bonus points if any of the requirements of the TV show jumping it actually appear in the game
-series with less than one game do not count (as it means they never even got the chance, unless you can prove otherwise)
-I didn't mean literally jumping a shark (that has to make it easier)
-Bonus points on telling when and how.

OK, have fun, and I'll even write a list of likely candidates will be posted, once people have actually started posting.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I already said that I don't know where I should put it. Moderators, you can move this thread. (P. S, how do you edit a title?)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
A: you clearly didn't check my link, Family guy didn't jump the Shark (yet).
B: Can we FOCUS on the subject on hand. Now I have an new rule saying you get extra points saying when and how (I even might have said how twice in the rules too)

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
Can anybody say 'Crash Bandicoot?'
crash bandicoot always sucked b**** so it jumped the shark on day 1
and about fam guy thats just a poll, imo the season premiere was proof the show should be done like season 2 and 3
stewie sticking his finger in brian's mouth and licking it and getting aroused is not entertaining. family guy cant even apeal to shock humor which is the lowest form of humor

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yep, well, the Simpsons has a little trick up it's sleeve, it makes references to multiple things. This way, those who are familiar with these things (ex, Bart's raid of the coin Jar in Homer's room in direct reference to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark) will laugh because they get it and those who aren't still will get a chuckle.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong was never the same after DK64. Actually, it was more when Rare went to Microsoft and DK turned into a party game series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom