• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, we're 3 hours out from deadline, and I:d rather get another phase of investigation. If we believe Xivii, and take everything at face value, that means z25 is probably not scum, and Pythag is our last.

I think we can trust Xivii, but I'm hesitant to pivot so hard off a flavor investigation in a ******* game, where who knows what can have affected it. There's still an unclaimed redirect out there from what hit me n1, and it's possible that messed with this, not to mention anything else I don't know about yet.

vote doop let's get this out of the way now and buy some time

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ok, we're 3 hours out from deadline, and I:d rather get another phase of investigation. If we believe Xivii, and take everything at face value, that means z25 is probably not scum, and Pythag is our last.

I think we can trust Xivii, but I'm hesitant to pivot so hard off a flavor investigation in a ******* game, where who knows what can have affected it. There's still an unclaimed redirect out there from what hit me n1, and it's possible that messed with this, not to mention anything else I don't know about yet.

vote doop let's get this out of the way now and buy some time
To be sure, lynching you will complete the contact and help us beat scum?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote: Doop

Since we're out of time and it doesn't look like we'll be coming to a consensus we may as well do this and pick up tomorrow when we have more time.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Yes it'll complete the contract. I'm town too.

Only scum say they're town.....

Vote: Doop.

I'm on to you. (just kidding)

I'm not sure if we'll get clarity on Z25's role before the 72 hour day start mark, and I trust you Doop enough to make this move.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I don't see the harm.
Vote: Doop

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just want to make note that I still haven’t hear anything from TK.

Vote: doop

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the event I die before day breaks again, I think our play is probably Pythag tomorrow given Xivii's claim.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also I haven't done anything that should interfere with anyone and haven't used my powers since N1, although some of them were ???.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I haven't done anything that should interfere with anyone and haven't used my powers since N1, although some of them were ???.
I think their statement there was referring to any other potential things that could throw it off not necessarily done by you

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think their statement there was referring to any other potential things that could throw it off not necessarily done by you
I know, but I have a suspicion I'll be gone before Day again so I'm claiming what's relevant. All I could do was retarget a passive that never met its proc condition until I got redirected and locked to KevinM.

Also, I had to pick a number n0, which was 69, and one N1, which was 96.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I know, but I have a suspicion I'll be gone before Day again so I'm claiming what's relevant. All I could do was retarget a passive that never met its proc condition until I got redirected and locked to KevinM.

Also, I had to pick a number n0, which was 69, and one N1, which was 96.

I've been trying to decide if anything happens with the number picked or if this is TK just messing around with us.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been trying to decide if anything happens with the number picked or if this is TK just messing around with us.
I can say there is a point actually. I’m not sure if I can mention what TK told me after I picked numbers night two though. Let me check my pm.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You should be able to paraphrase.
Yeah I see nothing preventing me from discussing it.

but I was told I get a stacking win condition for rolling the dice. TK said I could challenge Theo to a dice role and every hour a dice would be rolled if I got the number right I would have this condition as a win but can also win again with town.

I don’t see much of a point to it but that seems to be the point of this dice game.
Maybe other people will get different bonuses but that was mine, it didn’t really matter to me though as it’s pretty rng based

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've just decided Doop is a day 3 jester and we just fell for it hard.
I’ve been considering this too, but not specific to a day.

It’s possible he’s just a jester and used the contracts as an excuse. I didn’t like the fact that he won’t go into detail over the supposed penalties.

I also find it odd no one else claimed a contract if there’s suppose to be two in play. Nothing we can really do there though except wait and see. I dint think the odds are likely he is one but you never know

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’ve been considering this too, but not specific to a day.

It’s possible he’s just a jester and used the contracts as an excuse. I didn’t like the fact that he won’t go into detail over the supposed penalties.

I also find it odd no one else claimed a contract if there’s suppose to be two in play. Nothing we can really do there though except wait and see. I dint think the odds are likely he is one but you never know
The contract is real - the other one is just probably scum/TP. It might be Xivii actually, my contract's penalty relates to them.

Anyway I'm not Day 3 jester - I really do have the same town wincon that you guys have.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
im flattered tho, Id have to be a pretty ballsy jester to walk out and say "lynch me" with my first post of the day

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The contract is real - the other one is just probably scum/TP. It might be Xivii actually, my contract's penalty relates to them.

Anyway I'm not Day 3 jester - I really do have the same town wincon that you guys have.
Wait your contract specifically mentions Xivii?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, the penalty does. I didn't know it would have a penalty or anything to do with him until I signed it.
This is a very important detail to know thank you. If Xivii is on the contract penalty he would very likely know about it and I can’t see why he wouldn’t mention this. I can’t see TK not even mention it to them that something might happen to them.

im very skeptical of their claim now. I didn’t buy into it before because what tracker skill mentions specifically an item and not actions. On top of the fact that he could easily kill two townies if his lynch plan was put into place( 3 if your town, and the night kill as well if he’s scum). That’s potentially four deaths caused by his claim if we listened to him.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu you claim an ace attorney character.

Have you played the series and do you know what game your character is from? There’s 10 games in the franchise so I’m wondering something.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
The nature of the penalty is such that I could see him being unaware. It's a penalty to me, relating to him.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
But it does make me think he might be the other contract, or the source of my contract.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Wow Doop, you narc!

Also, who is offering the contracts is a more interesting question than who has them. I do not think the role is town-aligned at all. I highly suspect the contracts are from Z because of his post about never hearing about contracts—which stood out to me as someone trying to pretend they had nothing to do with them—and because he was just now flawlessly able to deduce that I also have information on it. There's no logical connection between Doop's penalty being about me and me having information on Doop's penalty. So Z is likely the one who sent the information to us.

Everything I've said today is completely legit btw. If I'm not around tomorrow, I still recommend lynching Z. Pythag is a good second choice, but I prefer lynching scummy play over scummy results since there can always be some unknown shenanigans going on, especially in a b game. Keep in mind the post I made about Z regarding his bus choices, which I'll requote for convinience:

Z's initial reasoning for his bus choices:
Red to Pythag.

Pythags statement on utopian being bait I found really intriguing upon his flip. In reviewing pythag and utopian posts, I thought Pythag could be fellow scum as newbie or not there were definitely flags for utopian that I feel Pythag should have given more heed to.

I thought for being a big leader in targeting Utopian, red could be a potential target so o was trying to stop that
My call out that the reasoning doesn't line up:
His choice of Ryu as a save target. He reasoned that Ryu was strong in pushing UP, but this is not the case: Ruy wavered on the wagon and didn't even vote UP in the end. In fact, I had the opposite interpretation. Of the people interacting around the UP wagon, Ryu looks the most suspicious. So Z25's reasoning for his action is not valid. And if there is anyone he should have protected, it is Doop since he believes that Doop is confirmed.
Z's explanation that he mixed it up:
I already told you this last week was hell irl and I mixed my statements around. Pythag was the second target that I intended to try and save if they were being targeted by wrong actions. My words were very backwards and garbage I’m not going to say they weren’t. But it was a genuine mistake and I meant my post where I broke down my actions reasoning to be the other way around.
Why this can't be true:
I've been thinking about this and it's not believable that this is the case. You reiterated your read in multiple posts after. And you specifically used the line that pythag said UP was lynch bait. Only pythag has said this. Ryu has not. So there's no way you mixed up your reasoning.
Z, you have not provided an adequate explanation for how you mixed up your reasoning.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow Doop, you narc!

Also, who is offering the contracts is a more interesting question than who has them. I do not think the role is town-aligned at all. I highly suspect the contracts are from Z because of his post about never hearing about contracts—which stood out to me as someone trying to pretend they had nothing to do with them—and because he was just now flawlessly able to deduce that I also have information on it. There's no logical connection between Doop's penalty being about me and me having information on Doop's penalty. So Z is likely the one who sent the information to us.

Everything I've said today is completely legit btw. If I'm not around tomorrow, I still recommend lynching Z. Pythag is a good second choice, but I prefer lynching scummy play over scummy results since there can always be some unknown shenanigans going on, especially in a b game. Keep in mind the post I made about Z regarding his bus choices, which I'll requote for convinience:

Z's initial reasoning for his bus choices:
My call out that the reasoning doesn't line up:
Z's explanation that he mixed it up:
Why this can't be true:

Z, you have not provided an adequate explanation for how you mixed up your reasoning.
Jesus Christ you don’t listen do you?

I already mentioned how I was literally up to 3am busting my ass for school every night the past week while dealing with a **** Ton of irl stuff. I already told you I mixed a lot up because I was sleep deprived as hell. Maybe you can’t understand that logic but I honestly don’t care.

my point still stands that I found more issue with Pythag than red. And if you’ve actually read my follow up posts you would have your answer, but you repetitively choose to not pay attention to my posts and then use them to conveniently set up a lynch for me.

your honestly looking extremely opportunistic.

I even explained full fledge how my ability worked and you immediately requested I go and ask TK about it despite the fact I told you how it works. Your literally ignoring all of my content to paint a false narrative.

As for the contracts did I say my logic was flawless? No but even doop seems to agree it’s highly odd that your name somehow is on a contract that you are claiming to have no association too. Combine this information with what I received night one about someone wanting me to lynch utopian and your scythe claim seeming like a big stretch,

theres a decent cause to consider your behavior and actions suspicious

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And would it really be that much of a stretch to assume the contractor suffers a penalty if the contracts aren’t signed?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
As I explained, it doesn't make sense to have saved Red. Red did not push for UP as you suggested. The irl stuff is irrelevant to this because you're arguing this now. Why didn't you save Doop?

I outlined how you haven't explained how your role actually works. You've agreed to three interpretations and have alternated between them.

Doop has information you don't. That you were able to come to the conclusion he did, indicates that you are the one that gave out the contracts.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
And would it really be that much of a stretch to assume the contractor suffers a penalty if the contracts aren’t signed?
Personally, I think in the event the contractor is the one that suffers due to a failed contract tk wouldn’t post tell doop that xivii specifically would suffer, but instead say the contractor. I don’t think tk would out a role that easily.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Personally, I think in the event the contractor is the one that suffers due to a failed contract tk wouldn’t post tell doop that xivii specifically would suffer, but instead say the contractor. I don’t think tk would out a role that easily.
Which I do agree would seem likely in a normal setup. Who honestly knows here though. It’s also quite possible that the ideal is meant to have a reverse effect and give us that mentality. Either way the mention of him here is really odd.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
He doesn't suffer, I do. I just suffer something that's related to him.

Top Bottom