• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Critique

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
At around 1:55 in the first video, you had two chances to fsmash or jump up and Bair (or shine-bair) linke and you just kept wavedashing around instead. basically, capitalize better.

try to actually work wavelanding into your game, instead of just doing it at weird moments.

you got shield grabbed by link once or twice there... that's a sure sign you need to sharpen up your tech skill. just get out of shines faster and stuff. also getting shield grabbed means you could have gotten UpB'd out of shield... which would have been very bad for you indeed

you probably shouldn't try for the dthrow shine. that will only work on really bad competition.

you jab a lot, which i think is okay against link (he'd have hella trouble CC grabbing you for it, which is the major danger in jabbing most of the time), but you should both a) do it less and b) capitalize on it when it works. I saw you jab him and he popped up into the air a little and instead of nairing or running up and shining or even grabbing you just jabbed again and let him get away.

otherwise your play is pretty solid, you seem to know what you're doing. just keep on truckin'

vs samus: don't edgestall with high jumps. you'll get *****. also if you wanna double laser from the edge, do it right. it's sometimes a good option, but if you mess up it's never a good option.

you also got hit by A LOT of random missiles because you just weren't thinking. you must be used to lasering people once, jumping in with another laser, and then doing whatever (as most of us falco players are), but he caught on to that and you'd laser him once, jump in and eat a missile. pay attention, be more careful.

as for the matchup: i play falco v samus incredibly gay. basically, she can and will crouch cancel everything, her upB oos is ridiculous, she has powerful missiles, is hard to combo, and has pretty good priority. so you have to abuse her lack of mobility. i basically just laser her and mix in some shines and stuff when i can, but no aerial is safe until fairly high percent, and getting near her shield is suicide anyway. so i fire lasers until she messes up or i catch her in the air with something so she cant shield/CC it.

Top Bottom