• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I knew Pocketed projectiles could be strong, but this is just silly.

Pocketed fully-charged Shadow Ball will kill Mewtwo from center stage FD with no DI at 11% in training mode. It's probably even less when fresh in a normal match (though DI will weaken it too).
Well...
SB is super stronk and deals like 25%
Pocket has a 1.9X modifier
Mewtwo is slightly heavier than Jigglypuff

I'm surprised it isn't a 1hko

Last edited:

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
The league of Legends team I am on wants me to switch to their main Smash bros representative and coach our second LOL team. I'm pretty excited right now

That said I need a lot more villager practice

D

Deleted member

A villager won a 16 man tournament in Japan today. Amazing. The bracket was stacked too with the likes of rain, aMSa, Choco etc, so it wasn't a free tourney.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Very cute stuff! Wish I had a Villager amiibo to display~ Someday maybe!
I dont know if I said this before, but when they were first announced I really didn't think I'd give many hoots about amiibo, but now...I really want a pretty shelf showing off some of my most loved characters. So far I've got Luigi and Toon Link, but Villager, Robin, Ness, Bowser Jr, Mewtwo are some major wants. Duck Hunt, Jigglypuff, and some others might be cute too. I just never know when to get active cause when theyre available theyre gone in 10 minutes or so. I just hope someday in a few months or whatever, I wander into a store and get lucky.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
A villager won a 16 man tournament in Japan today. Amazing. The bracket was stacked too with the likes of rain, aMSa, Choco etc, so it wasn't a free tourney.
Do you happen to know what the tournament was called, or if the matches were uploaded anywhere?

Also I call naming my Villager amiibo MJG when I get one.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
He won tickets to Evo IIRC
Holy ****, Yes!

Edit: Finished watching the first match. He uses the slingshot so quickly. Perfect autocancel timings.

He and Zee are my inspiration.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
I wish I was unique as Zee and Ranai :(
Seriously,

The thing that amazes me about Ranai is that he's this good...

Without using customs. Ever. I don't think I've ever seen Ranai use customs. I think he's going to be the guy who shows how gamechanging the counter sapling is, on the hands of a monster.

That's basically my goal. Play like Ranai/Zee without customs.

Edit: By the way, can someone turn the first match against ZSS and the first match against Pit into video, for analysis, I think we have to take a moment and analyze the matches. Jab jab into axe? Is that even possible?

Edit 2: I would love it if someone turned the entirety of 4:40:24-4:40-42 into a gif/short vid.

Last edited:

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Ranai was just ridiculous that tournament. Hes improved dramatically like its really scary how much better his movement and everything is, I said it at the beginning and I'll say it again, hes the best.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ranai was just ridiculous that tournament. Hes improved dramatically like its really scary how much better his movement and everything is, I said it at the beginning and I'll say it again, hes the best.
OMG what if, Ranai goes far in EVO and then the CCI thread starts complaining about Villager.
I'll just feed off their tears :4villager:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
So you guys know how you can't use tilts with the c-stick while it's set to smash anymore? I've always wondered why changing that was such a big issue for some people. Like, if you wanted to do a down tilt, couldn't you just use the A button? Now you can do a down smash while crouching instead of being forced to do a down tilt.

Just something on my mind.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Dunno, on the 3ds I tried changing the grab button to how it was supposed to be and even that was weird and difficult... change can be intimidating. I really stuck with it too! Thought after a few days I'd be fine, but nope...

In any case, uhh, y'all like Splatoon...?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Dunno, on the 3ds I tried changing the grab button to how it was supposed to be and even that was weird and difficult... change can be intimidating. I really stuck with it too! Thought after a few days I'd be fine, but nope...

In any case, uhh, y'all like Splatoon...?
Remember when you threw that tree at me, and I got that huge hospital bill?

Well Sonsa! I challenge you to a Turf War!! When we both get Splatoon! We shall settle this!

If I win! You are forced to change your profile pic to ANYTHING I desire for a week.! And if you win! I am forced to choose a profile pic you command of ANYTHING for 1 week. I do mean ANYTHING. So you can say MLP, or "I love SAO and Guilty Crown".

I shall post the battle on this thread.

Challenge accepted?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Aw, well I'm no splatoon expert, but I'd hate to be anti-climactic. Sure! Is there a one on one mode in the game? :o

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Aw, well I'm no splatoon expert, but I'd hate to be anti-climactic. Sure! Is there a one on one mode in the game? :o
Yea there is, but it seems so boring honestly. Turf War seems much more intense.

Yay! This is happening!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yea there is, but it seems so boring honestly. Turf War seems much more intense.
Yay! This is happening!
Oh I thought it was like a one on one turf thing, cause yeah, I wanna fight over turf. Uh, okay, I guess we'd recruit people around here? Anyone like me? XD

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Oh I thought it was like a one on one turf thing, cause yeah, I wanna fight over turf. Uh, okay, I guess we'd recruit people around here? Anyone like me? XD
I think 1v1 can do Turf War.

CPU's exist for many reasons :p

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
No lets turn this into a villager boards turf war. 4v4, winning team chooses other team's avatars

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The more the merrier! Best two out of three or if there's a way to extend time, cause it'd be a lot of buildup for only 3 minutes haha
Ya wanna extend the fun! I'm thinking at least 20 mins. Or maybe best of 3 on some different modes... maybe best of 5? I hear there's 5 stages available day 1?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Whaaat! Man that's lame... that's what kinda turned me off of this game. When I first saw it I was hype, then I heard about weird stuff like that and wasn't that excited... then I played and got hype again, but agh... maaaaaaan...

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
That could be for the ranked system only though. I don't know. With friends it may be different

Top Bottom