• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I don't know what anyone else has been thinking, but the wii u version has been out for about a month now, so I think we should start a stage discussion thread of some sort. What does everyone else feel? With lots of ideas going around on stage picking coming out and the release of the APEX ruleset, now would be an excellent time to start putting our heads together.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
After smashing a while, I kind of had a possible point of discussion. Not sure if this is better off in its own thread or not, but I'm kind of curious regardless.
What would you consider the most satisfying way to KO with the Villager? For me it'd be the growing tree. Let them fall and plant what might as well be a remote landmine.
@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans move this post to this thread plz http://smashboards.com/threads/favorite-kill-strategies.382485/#post-18249906

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hey all! I used to main Wolf, but since he's gone I'm jumping on board with you guys! I saw Salem's Villager play, and that was enough to convince me.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No, not really. The balloons will certainly take the hit for him first. If we're talking about (Dark)Pit though, I don't see why you shouldn't be able snipe our balloons.
What if Pit were right on top of him? Basically, what happens if a meteor attack hits Villager before the balloons?

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I tested with a friend, and it seems to sometimes, but we don't know why it isn't garunteed. Anyway, it's possible, but don't rely on it as it doesn't always seem to work.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Hey Guys, I recently ditched one of my old faves (Mr. G&W) in favor of the pillaging Villager.

His pocket just seems to be better in almost any way than the bucket, LLoids make for a better spam and spacing tool than sausages and his recovery and off stage game is just insane.

Anyway, glad to be in the city, hope to find some awesome techs and strategies here! :-)

Slaudial

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0174-7067
wtf I just now found out that Villager's Dair and Uair are RANDOM?

I............sigh. I think I'm going to switch from Dedede to Villager regardless (playing against certain characters with Dedede is just really ridiculous) but damn. What a blemish on an otherwise really cool character.

Mario123311

Smash Ace

So on the left we have our "Pink" Female Villager alt. On the right is "Ai", from the Japanese-Exclusive Animal Crossing Film. I don't know about you all, but I can't help but notice something a little similar about the two. Possible shout-out?

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
Um well the anime is a take from the game series, so... I believe all of the villager skins in ssb are default configurations from the ac series, right?

MissingNumbers

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissingN
3DS FC
1048-8190-3701
Um well the anime is a take from the game series, so... I believe all of the villager skins in ssb are default configurations from the ac series, right?
The only slight exception is the male yellow color, but yes. Ai, on the other hand, is not a possible beginner appearance (even though it's incredibly close).

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
As previously stated, it's one of the default Villagers from City Folk and Wild World:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
The Villager skins are the default configurations in WildWorld

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So the other day I played a Villager on For Glory that was rather appropriately named "murabito". The lag was pretty bad and I barely lost the match to a pretty legit trap (I was hanging on the ledge, cut down a tree. I was actually safe, but ledge rolled into her FSmash, lol), but what really made it memorable was that the Villager pulled off the one-chop technique earlier in the match. I kind of foolishly rolled into a growing tree, which led the Villager to jump at the tree and hack at it. I was pretty freaked out when it instantly started falling but fortunately I was at low percent so I didn't die.

Not really sure how good the Villager player was in general. I mean, he/she seemed pretty good, but as the match was laggy and I was using Ganon, it's hard to say. :p At the very least he used slingshots to land well, something I ought to work at.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I spent a while in training trying to do it and I couldn't^

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I think a reflected and pocketed gordo does too

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Hello Villagers! I am currently looking for an online partner for doubles to play and practice with (and hopefully at some point enter online tournaments also). I am a Zelda main myself and she works extremely well with a Villager partner. I can offer you trees that instantly KO at 0% and Phantoms that KO under 50%! They also have a bunch of other shenanigans and can control the stage very well together. If you are interested feel free to send me a message.

Info:
Zelda can shoot phantoms from behind her partner without hitting them due to the blind spot the move has. This allows an easy pocket for Villager while also throwing out a powerful attack to protect the team during the process! A fully charged pocketed phantom will hit for 49% damage and kill at extremely early percents. Around 40% damage is enough for Phantoms to kill most of the cast.

Zelda can reflect Villager's tree with Nayru's Love for a 1.2x damage bonus then the Villager can pocket it for another 1.9x damage bonus that instantly KOs the entire cast at 0%! Idk if both bonuses stack but trees deal 49% damage (same as phantom) and kill at 0%.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Howdy there Villager social.

I've made Villager my secondary of choice, and have been training with her for a while now. I don't claim to be one of the best, but I think I can hold my own with the rest of the cast. I primarily lurk in the Duck Hunt forums, but thought I should spend a bit more time here, learning about Villy.

I chose her as a secondary mainly due to A)How easy she is to pick up and play and B)How similar she feels to doggy, yet can handle MU's he can't, and vice versa. I also prefer Villy for teams, since team attack very much hinders doggy, but boosts Villager.

I feel my Doggy is much better, but I do pose this question: How much training do you all do for a secondary? Do you focus on one character, and use secondaries for emergencies? Or train them all equally?

I'll do one day training Doggy, then another day training Villy. Just what works for me, though I do focus a bit more on Doggy.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Hey all! I used to main Wolf, but since he's gone I'm jumping on board with you guys! I saw Salem's Villager play, and that was enough to convince me.
Asaph <3 Last I saw you was so many years ago, iirc you were off to write a book no?

More on topic though same story as Asaph, used to main Wolf in brawl but have since moved onto villager (and robin) I wasn't too interested in him at first because Animal Crossing totally isn't my style of game but after i played him for a bit he grew on me, just about every attack he has is hilarious and adorable

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hello Villagers! I am currently looking for an online partner for doubles to play and practice with (and hopefully at some point enter online tournaments also). I am a Zelda main myself and she works extremely well with a Villager partner. I can offer you trees that instantly KO at 0% and Phantoms that KO under 50%! They also have a bunch of other shenanigans and can control the stage very well together. If you are interested feel free to send me a message.

Info:
Zelda can shoot phantoms from behind her partner without hitting them due to the blind spot the move has. This allows an easy pocket for Villager while also throwing out a powerful attack to protect the team during the process! A fully charged pocketed phantom will hit for 49% damage and kill at extremely early percents. Around 40% damage is enough for Phantoms to kill most of the cast.

Zelda can reflect Villager's tree with Nayru's Love for a 1.2x damage bonus then the Villager can pocket it for another 1.9x damage bonus that instantly KOs the entire cast at 0%! Idk if both bonuses stack but trees deal 49% damage (same as phantom) and kill at 0%.
I'll take you up on that if the lag isn't bad. I can't stand bad lag. I also need more practice.

Asaph <3 Last I saw you was so many years ago, iirc you were off to write a book no?

More on topic though same story as Asaph, used to main Wolf in brawl but have since moved onto villager (and robin) I wasn't too interested in him at first because Animal Crossing totally isn't my style of game but after i played him for a bit he grew on me, just about every attack he has is hilarious and adorable
Golden! :D Yeah, I wanted to stop playing Smash, but I couldn't stay away. Love this community!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So, I decided to stop by because Villager is one of the characters I use often.
Also I need to be a little more present on other character boards)
So, hi guys!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I've been working more pivot grabs into my game, which was partially inspired by the following animation:

Unlike his normal grab, which doesn't really have very impressive range, his pivot grab easily extends beyond the reach of the net. I've used it mainly to counter movement-inducing specials and it's been pretty effective. This makes it easier to land grabs, which can lead to kills at higher percents. Still, be careful; it's still a Villager grab, which means it's really slow.

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Have you heard of the legendary one chop technique?
Is it about a legendary hero who can chop down 10 planted trees in one chop?! =O I heard he has the power... to wield the legendary golden tools... AND HAS A GOLDEN FISHING ROD!

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I feel like its almost the villager mains duty to name all the different villager colors and create hometowns for them.

Personally i gravitate towards the male villager who looks blitzed out of his gourd because villager is already hilarious as it is and that skin makes it better. I call him Pillager

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
My cousin's a Villager main and learning the game. She likes playing :rosalina: a bit, so I'd thought I'd ask if you guys think she would be a good 2ndary. Do you?

Last edited:

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Hey, guys, I placed 13th out of 50 in a tournament yesterday. First tournament in several years. I'm really excited to represent Villager. 13th isn't so bad. Hopefully I get a match recorded soon so I can get some criticism.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Hey, guys, I placed 13th out of 50 in a tournament yesterday. First tournament in several years. I'm really excited to represent Villager. 13th isn't so bad. Hopefully I get a match recorded soon so I can get some criticism.
That's awesome my man!!! Hell yeah that's a great placing. In numerous tournaments I've been to, I've placed top 10. I've been doing well thus far, especially comeback-wise. This is only the beginning though.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965

So on the left we have our "Pink" Female Villager alt. On the right is "Ai", from the Japanese-Exclusive Animal Crossing Film. I don't know about you all, but I can't help but notice something a little similar about the two. Possible shout-out?
EN VOGUE PINK FTW!!!

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Warning Received
He's plays him alright. Zee, LordCatGod and (I feel) myself have better ones but aside from all that, I'm glad you've joined the best!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
We should do a Tournament results thread for Villager mains. Something the Wolf board did a while back that was fun, competing with your fellow mains to be the best.

Top Bottom