• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootcamp Acquires Smash @Xanadu Venue

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I wasn't necessarily saying they should, but I also have no idea what they charge now, having never been to S@X. I was thinking however about LTC2. It had to be explained to a few people that because it was a bigger and better tournament, the fees were a bit higher then our locals, like DIME or GGWs. And that you were getting more for your money because of it.

I don't think they'll change prices unless they wind up needing to in order to support the increased traffic. Which again, I can't really comment on because I have no idea.
Yeah i don't know anything about specifics either nor have i been to S@X, and i'm not a business man. I don't think that decision at LTC2 had anything to do with vgbc/gimr though, and it's not quite the same using that reasoning on a weekly (daily?) event vs a national/regional.

Of course i'm sure that just like with #freegimr, if he presents the change with genuine need as i'm sure he would, players would want to help him and continue attending anyway.

The increased traffic has got to be mostly coming from the increased frequency of events though as opposed to the community actually growing. Not that the community isn't growing especially after smash4, but there's also dips due to school. It's still an overall gain and a huge improvement for vgbc and i couldn't be happier that i don't have to wait until tuesday to watch xanadu.

Last edited:

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the schedule could go like this
Mondays: Magic the Gathering as that brings in a good amount of money
Tuesday: To stay consistent with the current Smash @Xanadu Games
Wednesday: Rest Day (no need in having 2 Smash tourneys played consecutively with the SAME people coming to the venue). This could be filled with a Magic the Gathering day though or even a Yugioh tourney.
Thursday: The expanded Smash @Xanadu Games gets to be played.
(Only if a major event or a monthly is in place) Friday: Smash @Xanadu Games
Saturday: Same stipulation as above
(If even necessary) Sunday: Will hold the same stipulation of Saturdays and by proxy, Fridays.
I only listed these because I believe that this setup can and probably would be the most optimized and profitable. Cutting out MTG in general is a bad idea. It makes money almost anywhere it goes.
I agree, kicking out mtg was kinda cold hearted. How would you feel is the magic group had bought the venue. There is no reason you cant give them one night a week.

Top Bottom