• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vertical Teleport

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
again... this is something that all players that plays enough mewtwo would experience this every now and then.....

that is....

teleporting vertically upwards AND changing the direction you are facting

Q: how its done?
A: dont really know

Q: are you sure its possible?
A: more than 100% sure.. ive done it many times while practicing LC teleport.

Q: whats the point?
A: not really significant, but if we know how to execute this fluently, mewtwo would be able to recover to ledge even when he is hugging the wall and facing the opposite direction.

Q: when would u get into that position anyways?
A: sometimes when you jump off ledge to intercept during edgeguards. other situations bring mewtwo to this position. dont tell me youve never died as mewtwo because you entered that position.

discuss

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
lol airo, your topics are great

I've done this once mysel, have no idea how I did it and was really surprised by it..I tried to copy it but never managed to do it again sadly....thought I was just lucky.

quak

Smash Champion
didn't know it could be done...

yeah, everytime i sd like that i kick myself for being so dumb. It's always on fd for me.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
It's basically just teleporting with a ridiculously tough angle. Like getting what I like to call the Mew2King angle with Fox's up B. That crazy angle that's almost vertical but slightly to the left or right.

neverborn

Smash Rookie
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible to Shadow Ball Cancel to change the direction you're facing and then teleport to the ledge?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
When Mewtwo teleports vertically, doesn't he change direction for a second anyways? If you are directly below the ledge and wait until you are spaced from it the right length, you can teleport upwards and catch the ledge. If you aren't directly below it, why would you have to go vertically?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
mm i was always under the impression he never changes direction throughout the tele.
The thing is that if you go slightly left, he'll face left after the tele, and vice versa.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
No, he'll always turn around for a small period of time (almost like pivoting in the air) at the peak of every single tele he does, so even if you go vertical, or away from the edge for that matter, as long as you end right next to the ledge he'll grab it.

quak

Smash Champion
no, he doesn't do that

that's why the thing airo found is useful

and yes you can turn around with the sbcc, but usually will take away too much height, and you won't be able to grab the ledge afterwards

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
no, he doesn't do that

that's why the thing airo found is useful

and yes you can turn around with the sbcc, but usually will take away too much height, and you won't be able to grab the ledge afterwards
Yes, he does do that. At the end of every teleport animation he is facing away and then turns around. Maybe there is an angle at which you can tele so he faces the other way permanently (this way you won't die if you overshoot) but you don't actually have to use it.

quak

Smash Champion
can you get him to grab onto the ledge with that?

im not trying to burst a new guy's bubble (for once) but i really doubt that he appears facing one direction, is able to grab the ledge facing that way, then turns around with no further button pressing, and is able to grab the opposite direction.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
can you get him to grab onto the ledge with that?

im not trying to burst a new guy's bubble (for once) but i really doubt that he appears facing one direction, is able to grab the ledge facing that way, then turns around with no further button pressing, and is able to grab the opposite direction.
Yeah, it's just like sweetspotting the ledge with foxfire. Also, I didn't mean that he turns around once you hit the ledge. He'll turn around if you don't hit the ledge. If you tele to the right spot you won't even be able to tell that you didn't change direction.

Sorry if I was unclear. Normally, Mewtwo has a small animation that faces the opposite of the direction of teleport right at the end of teleing, and then will turn around pretty much immediately. If you sweetspot the ledge, you will grab onto it no matter what because of that animation.

quak

Smash Champion
im still lost dude

i think the only way to make it clear is to make like a video, or doodle on paint or something, cause these words are just going WOOSH over my head

quak

Smash Champion
nah, that's not how it works, ur angling it for sure, probably unintentionally.

The ledge stoping ur animation may give the illusion that you are teleporting straight up, but i can just about garentee that that is what doesn't happen. (Unless you are doing m2k angle thing)

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
I've done it too, once at a friend's house. It really seems as if you are teleporting vertically, but I think I noticed a slight angle to the teleport, not too sure... Perhaps while you are in the act of teleporting, you hold a direction in order to change the way he faces. So, while M2 is not on the screen, you hold towards the stage to change the direction he faces. Just a thought :confused: I'll test it out sooner or later.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
KSU's is better, but I'll post this anyways. Might be a little unclear because photobucket shrunk the dimensions.

Top Bottom