• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

versus _____ use _____

prOAPC

Smash Lord
let's suppose that you play with the 3 pokemon the same, i mean, you are good with the 3 of them and don't have a main/favorite pokemon
is there a list that says which pokemon use angainst a certain character? If not, what about if we make one? Also, it would be nice if you can tell strategies like "vs snake, start with Ivysaur, then when his 100%* switch to Charizard"

Bowser

Captain Falcon

Charizard

Diddy Kong

Donkey Kong
from prOAPC: start with Squirtle, DK has a really hard time trying to hit that turtle, but, it's hard for Squirtle to kill the ape, his Water Gun doesn't stop DK's upB. You should change to Ivysaur

Falco

Fox
from Genghis Krahn: I think your best bet might be to keep quite a bit of distance. Ivysaur is good if you can take advantage of his range & projectiles, but since he is kind of slow, it doesn't leave much room for error.

Squirtle is kind of good against Fox, just because of his attack speed, and good arial game. But you don't want to stay above Fox, because he can Up Smash you pretty quick. And Squirtle is really light.

Charizard is a powerhouse, but again, some attacks are just a bit slow, and he's a big target.

Game & Watch

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers

Ike

Ivysaur

Jigglypuff

King Dedede

Kirby

Link

Lucario

Lucas

Luigi

Mario

Marth
From prOAPC: use Ivysaur as your main pokemon in this fight

Meta Knight

Ness

Peach

Pikachu

Pikman & Olimar

Pit

R.O.B.

Samus

Sheik

Snake

Sonic

Squirtle

Toon Link

Wario

Wolf

Yoshi

Zelda

Zero Suit Samus

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
^________^

the thing you mention with specific strategies is something that will be addressed in that thread eventually, once we've got the basic chart established and correct (for the most part). i feel like quite a bit of the stuff we have up is wrong, so i'm not going to move past that until it's correct.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
today i had a few matches, this is from my experience:
vs marth
Ivysaur
vs donkey kong
start with Squirtle, DK has a really hard time trying to hit that turtle, but, it's hard for Squirtle to kill the ape, his Water Gun doesn't stop DK's upB. You should change to Ivysaur

Top Bottom