• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Version 1.0.6 Changes

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hello fellow Falcon mains, thought I'd make this topic so we can discuss any changes made to Falcon in this patch.
So far everything seems the same to me, but I could be wrong.

Eriol-kun

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eriolkun
3DS FC
0619-3946-4344
I'll post here since this was made one minute earlier.
I posted in the main general thread about not being able to replicate the pummel-on-edge grab fall anymore, but it's been a while and I don't know if it was out in an earlier patch, I assume not?
I haven't tested dmg values or knockback-- I need sleep. Everything else feels very similar, maaaaaaybe uair feels a bit slower on end but might just be the time. Also that the slide distance from a run -> grab feels shorter.

AreJay25

Apparently knee is faster. It definitely feels different, but it could just be placebo.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Special effects on certain moves are definitely different. I was staring at enough previous patch knees and punches doing footstool shenanigans all day yesterday that I can tell. The punch has this weird blue effect that comes around his fist, looks cool. The knee "sweet spot" glare is more noticeable it seems. Knee also seems to come out a little faster.

I've got a really bad feeling in my gut that the up air has had it's hit-lag or it's endlag increased. I'm not able to quickly go into a footstool at super low percents like I was just earlier today. Something is definitely different there.

AreJay25

Special effects on certain moves are definitely different. I was staring at enough previous patch knees and punches doing footstool shenanigans all day yesterday that I can tell. The punch has this weird blue effect that comes around his fist, looks cool. The knee "sweet spot" glare is more noticeable it seems. Knee also seems to come out a little faster.

I've got a really bad feeling in my gut that the up air has had it's hit-lag or it's endlag increased. I'm not able to quickly go into a footstool at super low percents like I was just earlier today. Something is definitely different there.
Up air seems fine to me. I was still able to reliably combo with it. Perhaps someone can help confirm this?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Up air seems fine to me. I was still able to reliably combo with it. Perhaps someone can help confirm this?
Oh it combos fine. I'm talking about if you use it REALLY close to the ground. We're talking the last instant you can use it and still have the hitbox come out. I don't think it was nerfed, but the hitlag is definitely higher. It just feels weird. After just a few minutes I've adjusted and it still seems like I can land the footstools from falling uairs at low percent (10-Teens). In other words, it seems like just the "effect" of the move is altered a slight amount. It's barely noticeable.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
So in a way with the knee change , its a great buff right ?
Kee in mind i have no concrete proof that its faster. It's 5 am and it SEEMS faster to me. I'll look into it more in the day. If so then yeah it's a nice buff, maybe not needed bit nice nevertheless

Pyraxy

Smash Rookie
Upair got heavily nerfed, seems that they wanted to just get rid of the knockback on that move in general in this update.

Pyraxy

Smash Rookie
I say heavily, it still kills at 100%, but it's not viable, and it's knock back on characters is a bit slim.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Are you ****ing kidding me?!
His Dair no longer spikes!

:dazwa:

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I got 1.05 on 3ds and 1.06 on Wii U, and testing them at all speed in training mode. Knee doesn't seem faster at all y'all just being delusioned.

I got friends on skype discovering stuff that was around since Brawl today, don't let the "it's patch day" mindset turn you crazy.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I got 1.05 on 3ds and 1.06 on Wii U, and testing them at all speed in training mode. Knee doesn't seem faster at all y'all just being delusioned.

I got friends on skype discovering stuff that was around since Brawl today, don't let the "it's patch day" mindset turn you crazy.
Can you tell if the special effect is different? I know it's two separate versions but it feels like they made the "glare" on the knee more pronounced or something. It looks bigger.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Sorry I'm going to bed rn, but I'll look into it tomorrow for sure. From memory the knee sweetspot star was brighter on Wii U than on 3ds but that's maybe just because of the console difference.

Same for everyone, if you have requests on things that you want me to test then ask here.

PS : I indeed landed knees a lot more often than usual, maybe something has changed (my money on the hitbox size), maybe not.

SilverhandX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverhandX
Knee feels the same to me.

Not sure if this is a change, but I was playing against a Wario on the new patch and tried a double jab into grab, and he was able to bite me after the second jab. Not sure if this was possible before patch, or if it's not possible now and I just ****ed up the timing, but it felt weird. Jab combos feel just slightly slower overall to me as well, but there might not be any actual change.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
People can do lots of things after the double jab, it's never been safe, just a mixup. Also, Falcon appears to be the same old, but I've never fallen with my opponent when I did the grab-release thing at the ledge. Normally, after about 1-2 pummels, it happens, but now only my opponents got the effect. Can someone confirm that this is gone?

Edit: I feel like the knee hasn't changed a bit, but I could be wrong. In-depth testing needed.

Last edited:

Captain Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nacholovr
3DS FC
1848-1848-8415
Knee definitely seems much easier to land.
Can you tell if the special effect is different? I know it's two separate versions but it feels like they made the "glare" on the knee more pronounced or something. It looks bigger.
I agree. Comparing it to what I remember from earlier today, before I updated, the actual appearance of the sparkle that appears right by his knee looks bigger. I think knee is faster, and the hitbox seems to have gotten bigger along with the sparkle.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
The dash grab ledge slide still exists. I tried to so it in training mode yesterday on a MK but I couldn't get it to work. Later on after playing a few matches on FG I was able to do it on a mewtwo. I don't even know how this works. Does weight have an effect on this? stage?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
The dash grab ledge slide still exists. I tried to so it in training mode yesterday on a MK but I couldn't get it to work. Later on after playing a few matches on FG I was able to do it on a mewtwo. I don't even know how this works. Does weight have an effect on this? stage?
AFAIK it simply has to do with the momentum you have when you reach the edge. If you have enough, you go over. Maybe they increased the amount of movement needed? I'm gonna test this out next.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
BUFF: Knee now kills everyone from anywhere on the stage at 500% or higher.

Last edited:

Sakelig

Smash Rookie
It only work on characters that have their legs on their ground when you grab them :3

stripheR

Smash Cadet
i think knee/dair feel better purely because online is a lot more like a local battle now. it's not a placebo effect, it's definitely there, but it is purely because in a normal match there is less input lag now. i have to believe they improved their coding for for glory.

What caused you to slide of the edge was bringing momentum AND pummeling. i do this pummel drop on almost every opponent. with a full speed dash grab, after the 2nd pummel you would fall off. If you waited for a moment before starting the pummels you would never fall off. I have not been able to make myself fall off anymore since the patch with any of the opponents I have played.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
It only work on characters that have their legs on their ground when you grab them :3
Thanks! I just tried it on ganon and Lucario on training. Never would have thought about feet being on the ground would be the cause. haha

Flubz

Smash Rookie
Does Falcon Dive feel different to anyone? It may be that I've been working on a lot of offstage shenanigans or the fact that I suck, but I've been SD'ing more than I usually do.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
That's very interesting, but the horizontal knockback is the same so I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
That's very interesting, but the horizontal knockback is the same so I don't think it will make much of a difference.
It may make it easier to DI. If the horizontal distance traveled is the same, but the vertical is reduced, it's a shorter distance traveled, and if it's a lower angle then you can DI it up more.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
It may make it easier to DI. If the horizontal distance traveled is the same, but the vertical is reduced, it's a shorter distance traveled, and if it's a lower angle then you can DI it up more.
Did not know that DI works like that. Still this change is nothing too major.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Did not know that DI works like that. Still this change is nothing too major.
DI doesn't reduce the total distance traveled, it just lets you change the angle you're sent at. That's why, when trying to survive a hit, you normally want to DI at a 90 degree angle to your knockback trajectory.

Top Bottom