• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vegetarians And A Random Discussion..

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Okay. So I'm a Vegetarian. And this is just a random question I just thought of.
Could you surivive on leafs? First off, can you even eat regular leafs, or is it bad for you?
Also you could eat other stuff but for your veggies you only ate leafs.

We can also discuss things on being Vegetarian and ect.

I tried to look at the rules and couldn't find anything wrong with making this thread, but if there is a problem, please close, and inform me on the reason so I will know for future use.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
It does. Like if you were on an island and there was nothing but sand and no fish or whatever, could you litteratly cut some of your skin off and eat/cook it and live? I heard human taste just like other types of meat.

UberMario

Smash Master
It does. Like if you were on an island and there was nothing but sand and no fish or whatever, could you litteratly cut some of your skin off and eat/cook it and live? I heard human taste just like other types of meat. I pick the skin off my fingers and eat it, so that's how the question came to be.
A. That's disgusting.

and

B. No you couldn't survive on that, your muscles are the parts that are edible, skin has pretty much no nutritional content.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I tried going vegetarian for a month just to see if I could do it. I lasted about a week after I decided it wasn't for me. The cheeseburger I ate that day never tasted so good...

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I'd eat my own skin. I do it already. It's actually quite delicious.
I don't know if you are being serious or not, But I actually do think my skin tastes good.
x] Go ahead, flame me, closed minded judgementals. I think it's been proven that human meat tastes the same as some kinds of animal meats.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Which brings up the Soylent Green idea.... What happens when the world runs out of meat? Will we be forced to canniblize ourselves or will we take the safe road into Vegetarianism?

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Yeah, I think it's stupid how some people say they can just not stop eatting meat. I mean what are they going to do when they are stuck somewhere eat themselfs?

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
I beleive they say that because it's hard to resist temptations of thick and juicy steak to a somewhat less thick and juicy cabbage.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Well, if they can't "control themselves" they are a threat to everyone around them and should seek help immediatly.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Well, You have to learn to stop taking things so literally. "Can't control themselves" is a term meaning it's hard to resist, sort of like an addiction.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I am an unapologetic carnivore. I've pondered going vegetarian. Not seriously, because I do not enjoy eating many vegetables or fruits. I could count the fruits and veggies I like on two hands easily. Thus, me as a vegetarian would be eating pasta and cereal every day. And while I enjoy my grains a lot, that's just not balanced or healthy. I also have a fair amount of dairy, which is only out if I went vegan. Heck no.

What would I, a shameless carnivore, do if I were trapped somewhere with no prepared food? I'd eat what I could find. I'd live on foods I don't like. But since I live in a time and a nation where I can get prepared food rather than have to hunt for it myself, I eat what I like. I enjoy the taste of meat. Steaks are awesome. On a desert island, I'd probably go vegetarian rather than try to kill and cook something. But I don't have to make that choice. I can go out and get a burger or hot dog, and I can eat them with a clear conscience. I understand that some people have moral issues, and that's fine. But I don't. I believe that animals should be treated well. It just doesn't ruin it for me that they aren't, or that I don't know what's in the hot dog I'm eating.

Edit: Meat is not a drug. People who like eating meat do not necessarily have a problem. My problem that I've had with some vegetarians is that they want to force others to follow their same moral standards.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I am an unapologetic carnivore. I've pondered going vegetarian. Not seriously, because I do not enjoy eating many vegetables or fruits. I could count the fruits and veggies I like on two hands easily. Thus, me as a vegetarian would be eating pasta and cereal every day. And while I enjoy my grains a lot, that's just not balanced or healthy. I also have a fair amount of dairy, which is only out if I went vegan. Heck no.

What would I, a shameless carnivore, do if I were trapped somewhere with no prepared food? I'd eat what I could find. I'd live on foods I don't like. But since I live in a time and a nation where I can get prepared food rather than have to hunt for it myself, I eat what I like. I enjoy the taste of meat. Steaks are awesome. On a desert island, I'd probably go vegetarian rather than try to kill and cook something. But I don't have to make that choice. I can go out and get a burger or hot dog, and I can eat them with a clear conscience. I understand that some people have moral issues, and that's fine. But I don't. I believe that animals should be treated well. It just doesn't ruin it for me that they aren't, or that I don't know what's in the hot dog I'm eating.

Edit: Meat is not a drug. People who like eating meat do not necessarily have a problem. My problem that I've had with some vegetarians is that they want to force others to follow their same moral standards.
I came into being a vegetarian eatting no veggies at all, and I hadn't for many years. I taut myself to eat salads, and that's all I have accomplished so far. When you turn vegetarian you realize how much you meat you really ate, and I would have to say, i've killed wayy too many cows in my lifetime. There is barely anything for me to eat anymore, All I can eat right now is fries, grilled cheese, pb&j, salad, fruit, and that's all I can think of besides snack foods. I don't drink milk, never really have besides when I was young, Hate eggs. I'm living on fruits and salads right now which is pretty discusting to me but I'm training my body to like it.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I just don't have the motivation, or need, to go through all this. I hate most veggies with the same passion that a 7 year old kid hate anything as soon as his parents call it healthy. Good luck with your quest to come to like all this stuff. By the way, you don't eat any grains? In my opinion, it's the best of the food groups, since it's got pasta, rice, cereal, and generally, the bulk of my daily food intake. You mention sandwiches, but there's plenty of other options from this group. Also, do you like cheese? Cause it's awesome, and not just American cheese.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I tried going vegetarian for a month just to see if I could do it. I lasted about a week after I decided it wasn't for me. The cheeseburger I ate that day never tasted so good...
LOL A week is pretty good, I'd last less. Eating a meat pie as I type.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
When you find a topic that discusses eating human skin, you know the Pool Room has reached a new low.

Humans are opportunistic omnivores. Generally speaking, given the choice, man will eat meat if he gets the chance. It's been this way for thousands of years. Vegetables are healthy, yes, but it's important to maintain a balanced diet. You can't get everything you need to survive by eating cabbage for years.

And there' s no chance that I'm ever going to give up bacon.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
If cows, pigs, sheep etc don't want us to eat them then they should all evolve into porcupines. No way in hell I'll try to battle one of those things.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Mini Mic, I love you so much I've decided to stop eating porcupines from now on and start eating you! =3

Also, every vegetarian thread that I've come across makes me just extra hungry for steak and meat and all other sort of delicious foods that nature supplies us with.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
This has been one of the most amazing things I have ever read.

And if you want to be a vegetarian for the animals, be a vegan. Oh and cut down on using disposable products, too.

The meat industry is the way it is partly because it has to be. There are more people than ever, and thus we need more efficient ways to get and kill food. It sucks. It is often inhumane, but that's just how it is. Also, if you ARE a vegetarian because of animal rights, make sure you know where your veggies are coming from. Pesticides harm animals all the time, the rain forest is cleared away for farming land, field animals die in combines. It's just a fact of life that eating means death.

One: Eating random leaves is bad. Human beings do not have the stomach to eat large quantities of certain greens. Cows have four stomachs just to take care of eating loads of leaf matter. Also, vegetarians need to make sure they eat a WIDE variety of veggies to get all their nutrients. And also, you do realize that things like salad are basically just leaves?

Two: Uh, you could eat your skin but it isn't very nutritious.

Three: It sucks killing animals for food, I guess. If eating meat meant I had to kill it, I would do it. Now go watch African Wild Dogs kill a wildebeest.

UberMario

Smash Master
Which brings up the Soylent Green idea.... What happens when the world runs out of meat? Will we be forced to canniblize ourselves or will we take the safe road into Vegetarianism?
Heck no, rice and plenty of other vegetables are high in protein, besides we're saving endangered species, what the heck makes you think we'll let cattle, poultry, and swine die out?

wool

Smash Ace
I'm a vegetarian, just because I was brought up that way when I was young.
I've only had meat once in my life (it was an accident) and it was chile. It was alright. LOL.

But it is easier for me to be a vegetarian than you guys since I've never tasted meat, so I don't have that craving that all you guys would have if you switched. I know for sure if I really like how meat tastes It would be hard for me to go back to being a vegetarian.

But obviously I have a choice of being a vegetarian, or not. I am probably going to be a vegetarian the rest of my life because I feel it is mean to kill animals. But hey, that is just me. I never force anyone who isnt a vegetarian and I dont hate meat lovers (that would be ridiculous lol). I read a post somewhere here which said that he hated when people force you to become vegetarian. I can see how this annoys people. Its similar to how people force religion down your throat.

I'm not saying that being a vegetarian means that you dont hurt animals, as someone pointed out forests are being cleared for farms, etc. I am saying that you hurt less animals. Thats my only motivation to stay as a vegetarian.

You can be a very healthy vegetarian nowadays since there are easy ways to get protein, something which was impossible years ago for a vegetarian. I mean you got stuff like muscle milk now so you can get those massive biceps like me :p

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
My sister, her husband, and both of their kids are vegan, so whenever I go stay with them I pretty much have to be for a while, it's not that bad. I try to eat pretty much anything and everything edible, because I think being picky about food is disadvantageous.

UberMario

Smash Master
Also for those people that want to try out being a vegetarian for a while:

Eggplant tastes almost the same as meatballs and goes great with spaghetti and tomato sauce.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it's stupid how some people say they can just not stop eatting meat. I mean what are they going to do when they are stuck somewhere eat themselfs?
I'll eat it if it's available since it's basically my number one choice. If I were stranded somewhere, I'd just eat what was there. I doubt anyone's so addicted to meat that they'd eat themselves...

I loved that movie! :cool:

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
I just don't have the motivation, or need, to go through all this. I hate most veggies with the same passion that a 7 year old kid hate anything as soon as his parents call it healthy. Good luck with your quest to come to like all this stuff. By the way, you don't eat any grains? In my opinion, it's the best of the food groups, since it's got pasta, rice, cereal, and generally, the bulk of my daily food intake. You mention sandwiches, but there's plenty of other options from this group. Also, do you like cheese? Cause it's awesome, and not just American cheese.
I love cheese, and I love wheat bread, I eat like 4 slices of bread plain just because I think it's really good even without stuff on it. I did that when I was a meat eater too. I pretty much viewed bread as a snack food.

I'm a vegetarian, just because I was brought up that way when I was young.
I've only had meat once in my life (it was an accident) and it was chile. It was alright. LOL.

But it is easier for me to be a vegetarian than you guys since I've never tasted meat, so I don't have that craving that all you guys would have if you switched. I know for sure if I really like how meat tastes It would be hard for me to go back to being a vegetarian.

But obviously I have a choice of being a vegetarian, or not. I am probably going to be a vegetarian the rest of my life because I feel it is mean to kill animals. But hey, that is just me. I never force anyone who isnt a vegetarian and I dont hate meat lovers (that would be ridiculous lol). I read a post somewhere here which said that he hated when people force you to become vegetarian. I can see how this annoys people. Its similar to how people force religion down your throat.

I'm not saying that being a vegetarian means that you dont hurt animals, as someone pointed out forests are being cleared for farms, etc. I am saying that you hurt less animals. Thats my only motivation to stay as a vegetarian.

You can be a very healthy vegetarian nowadays since there are easy ways to get protein, something which was impossible years ago for a vegetarian. I mean you got stuff like muscle milk now so you can get those massive biceps like me :p
I agree with this. I'm not trying to force you all to be vegans/vegetarians, I just wanted to discuss it and see what you all thought. The way they kill animals is terrible, and I don't care if they killed them in a "better way", I'm against killing at all. And some people will never come to even knowing about how they get their food, or if they do some people refuse to accept it and make up lame excuses. But then again you have some people that understand and just don't care, or do care but think their burger is more important then the animals. Most people just say "Oh, that sucks"..

I went vegetarian because first off I went to church this one night and he gave this speach on how people always say "Omg.. Animal abuse is wrong" ... "Omg... Abortion is wrong" ... "Someone should do something about it." And he said, People shouldn't always expect someone else to do something about it, if you believe in something you should take a stand first instead of always saying that's terrible, someone should do something about it.. And that made me realize how I always say I'm an animal lover and I hate animal abuse but there I sit with my burger on my plate everynight. Doesn't make much sense. Or how I would tell my dogs I love them everyday while eating a big steak, Yeah right. That's almost like saying, I love you so much, but in some circumstances I would totally eat you.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Just so you know, real dairy contribute to animal abuse.

"I'm not saying that being a vegetarian means that you dont hurt animals, as someone pointed out forests are being cleared for farms, etc. I am saying that you hurt less animals. Thats my only motivation to stay as a vegetarian."

Thank you =) I only hate vegetarians who act like they don't do anything bad to animals with their choices. They don't see the grey, and THAT'S what bothers me.

"That's almost like saying, I love you so much, but in some circumstances I would totally eat you."

I can almost guarantee that if you were starving, you would eat meat. Possibly even your dog. It's easy to say otherwise when you are full and are lucky enough to be born in a place where food isn't scarce.

And you can love something but still eat it if necessary. That is just how life works and how animals survive.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Just so you know, real dairy contribute to animal abuse.

" Cows do not require impregnation in order to produce milk, The lack of milking can cause pain in a cow... If you have a hard time grasping that concept try holding your pee for a day and see what happens. Milking a cow is not a crewl act. Cows rather like being milked.. "

For all those that don't have time to read my comment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIiHZ1XvjNY&feature=channel_page

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Uh, that doesn't matter. Unless your cows are free range living on a farm, they are not living in happy conditions. A lot of commercial milking companies don't care about giving their cows much free range. And even if a carton of milk says "free range cows", you still need to be wary, because "free range" is a broad term.

Also, that video isn't a source. I actually would like Goldie to come here because he makes good arguments =)

Top Bottom