• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vegas Smash announcements

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
Updated this thread hardcore (took out useless info).

Just wanted to resurrect this thread to make it easier for new people to find us.
We get together usually every friday/saturday to get down on smash and other games. I just ran into a few people who are into OG smash on n64 so I'm working on getting some competition lined up for them since they're the stubborn type haha. I'm always looking for fresh meat, er... new people to play smash with, for casual play or for people that are looking to get better or new comp, whatever. We don't just play smash either theres a lot of other games we play on occastion. Theres a lot of us ranging from sorry scrub to pro (got 3rd in teams at MLG los angeles, won $200), so there's someone for everyone.

PLUS i'd like to add no flakers, don't lead me on saying you're down to play but in reality you're AFRAID (or whatever). I wasted a lot of time chasing someone down who sounded interested, but just couldn't make the time or fess up to say they weren't interested any longer.

Don't forget to visit my UPDATED site at http://www.vegassmash.com
and the vegas smash myspace: http://groups.myspace.com/vegassmash

zeta

Smash Journeyman
o snaps!! another smash tourny in vegas, thats tight. is the don't tell danny rule in effect? lol i'll be there for sure. peace out
falco 4 life!!!

Thief

Smash Journeyman
Well this is cool, I'll be out in Vegas (I'm in North Alabama now) from Dec 3rd until like the 16th, so if it's on any day in between there I can probably come, maybe even with a couple more players.

zeta

Smash Journeyman
wow out of state compitition! if you guys are serious about coming you should contact vicko the tournament organizer. last tourny we had 21 locals hopefully this one is gonna be bigger. falco 4 life.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
i read this site every night, its part of my routine. I take your words along with everyone else from out of state with a grain of salt. Thanks for showing interest but along with all the other people that have said something (not only smash related) they never show up. I'll believe it when you contact me closer to the tournament date.

Again, thanks for the interest, now show me your intent!

Thief

Smash Journeyman
Vicko said:
i read this site every night, its part of my routine. I take your words along with everyone else from out of state with a grain of salt. Thanks for showing interest but along with all the other people that have said something (not only smash related) they never show up. I'll believe it when you contact me closer to the tournament date.

Again, thanks for the interest, now show me your intent!

Well I'll be out there from those dates, if it's in those dates, I'll almost definately be there. But it needs to be scheduled ;D

zeta

Smash Journeyman
yo vicko you need to get this thing going. how many people do you got lined up so far? plus this is for the out of staters. I know college is going to be out already so i want to see you guys come down. of course before you come contact vicko. i played shawn last night ice climbers were tough. it was close but falco is the bizzomb. where's "i need a name" did he get contacted already? well hope this one is bigger than last time which had 21. more money for me :p . falco for life.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
i havent contacted any of those that have been out of the loop. BIV has seen it though I'm sure on livejournal. just met a noob that used to play ddr with me at palms and gave him my business card. i'm sure he's down.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a date and location yet?

Edit: I'm ********, I just noticed it was edited. However I don't see a location, give me that and I'll be there for sure.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
Thief said:
Do you have a date and location yet?

Edit: I'm ********, I just noticed it was edited. However I don't see a location, give me that and I'll be there for sure.
I will give you an address/directions when you're in town. I'm not putting my friends address on the internet for obvious reasons.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
Also, in the smash tournament circles I travel in, the people are big on Money Matches, so if any of you guys are down for money matches, let me know, I enjoy them.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
in case anyone hasn't seen my site its been overhauled, now with a counter LOL. also I updated my original post.

D@sRonin

Smash Rookie
Vicko Im down to go for sure. If I am off that is....so I wont officially know for sure. I'll ask my boss tomorrow if I can have it off we'll see what he says. I know when we played I wasnt that great but I dont mind if I dont win...I just want to meet the whole crew and have a good time. I'll let Kril RJ, Arthur, and other people know as well.

zeta

Smash Journeyman
awwwwww shnaps. cloud is coming he's says he is out of practice though. could there be an upset? why not come to the tourny and find out?

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
Ok so its less than 2 days away and I am now releasing the address of the tournament so you can plan your route, find a ride, whatever. If I've never met you before and you need a ride, call me on my cell (702) 461-4176 and tell me where you're at and I'll see if I can find you a ride.

SUMMARY of info:
$5 entry, $10 teams ($5 each)
FRIDAY 12/16 at 7PM.. AT NIGHT
No age limit
Bring friends that play too
leave bystanders at home
BRING A CASE OF SODA/BAG OF CHIPS with you (no bottles)

http://members.cox.net/vicko
I'm not going to teach you how to use the internet, the location isn't hard to find.

AIM-vivovicko
PHONE AGAIN (702) 461-4176

-Vic

zeta

Smash Journeyman
yes first post torney post. pun intended. good game all. dissapointed in myself i think i could have done better. looks like i am gonna have to lock myself in my room for two months and play nothing but smash. lol. can't wait for star3. falco for life peace out :laugh:

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I got super busy, so this post is entirely too late, but anyways, great tournament, had a lot of fun, excluding my complete lack of skill in the finals, and really enjoyed meeting a lot of you. I'll almost definately be living out there next fall, as I want to go to school at the UNLV, so it's good to see there's a large smash community out there. Also, I told him this, but I want to say it again, Roy ran that tournament exceptionally well, the best ran tournament I've been to ever, including MLGs and whatnot.

Also, any ideas when the next one's going to happen? I may be able to plan my next trip out there around it and show up again.

Summary:, great tournament, I really enjoyed it, great to meet you guys, when's the next one?

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
again, i said this to you, he just hosted the tournament, I ran, organized, and planned it. He just happened to be running the brackets. Thanks for the compliment again. Next one in maybe 1 or 2 months.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
hey all, is this the "official" vegas thread?

im a smasher from chicago and will be visiting vegas jan 8-11. if possible i wouldnt mind getting a little smash in mixed in with whatever else i do while im there. seems like vicko is the person to contact?

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
sorry i havent been on my pc in like 4 days. Ya i'm sure you guys have seen the vegas smash page. capps hit me up on aim

zeta

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone in vegas guess what i just saw that the mlg 2006 championship is gonna be in vegas. thats sick. you know what that means cloud is gonna comeback. and i'm gonna step it up. moogle king maybe top dogg right know but we'll see what happens at S.T.A.R. 3 the odd couple is gonna take it. well this was just to get the juice flowin in vegas again. you know the drill contact vicko if you want to get pwned by some of the best in vegas

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I should be out there again in the middle of next week. I'd love to get "pwned" by some of the best in Vegas.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I got my ticket, I'm leaving Tuesday, and staying for like a week. I'd be up for smashing about any time.

Edit: Aw god dammit, I have to post pone my trip for some weeks, I'll post more when I know when it's rescheduled.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
K, I'm out there from Monday until Friday (afternoon) next week. So if some smashing is going on I'd be down.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I know, I wanted to come a different time but I think these days are literally the only days I can come out there until at the very least May, but I have to leave pretty early friday =/

However, as far as I know I pretty much don't any sort of set plans for the days I'm out there, so smashing or whatever could happen pretty much whenever.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
K so i updated my news site with 2 gamecrazy tournaments coming up. Don't ask here for the addresses OR my site URL. Also this saturday is TILST- This is Leo's Smash Tournament. Its an invitational tournament with room for 6 noobs. If you want to come that hasn't already been invited, PM me and i'll let you in!
Remember, limit 6. Secure your place now!

Leo's LJ said:
alright people who play smash, im having a tournament at my house on April 22. the rules will be MLG rules but im gonna pick the stages that are default. everybody that plays smash is invited , as long as you don't bring any BS. it will be 4 dollars for single and 2 dollars for doubles. i know half of you out there are always broke, so im making a broke *** ***** tourament before the actual tournament. out of that tournament only 1 will go to the actual tourney. i know if your broke or not, so you better not all go to the broke *** ***** tournament. like i said EVERYBODY is invited, i've already discussed this with my mom. you better not flake either or i will find you and kill you...=D. um, ask for the day off or something. im not sure of the time but ill get back to everybody. i will talk to vic about it, since he always likes to help with tourneys and stuff.
Address to leo's given through PM only.

sligmasta

Smash Cadet
hey guys, im new to this forum, but a long time smasher, me and some friends are looking to start playing competitivly in the vegas valley and i didnt have time to read the whole thread, so any upcoming tourneys you guys got goin on please send me some info on. email me at sligmasta@yahoo.com

Top Bottom