• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Various glitches

novakain

Smash Rookie
Horsing around in SSB64 with my buddies and we came across 3 bizarre glitches. I'm curious as to whether these have been explored in any detail.

1. Ness PK Freeze - By Freeze I mean freeze the game. Play a 1v1 match, with or without items, an make sure one char is Ness and the other Ness/Fox. PK Thunder with the first Ness, and have the other player reflect via Shine/Bat. Have the first Ness position himself to reflect the reflected PK Thunder with his own bat, and when reflected, the PK Thunder doubles (just do it it will make sense). However, when this double PKT projectile is destroyed, or even travels too far, the game will freeze. I suppose if you're down in a match this a good way to force a draw lol.

2. Not so Super Quick Attack - I already knew about the super extended QA that goes thru Jiggly's Sing, and that's not what I'm talking about. If you QA into the right ledge of Dream Land it's possible to make your second QA shoot across the entire stage, far past the other ledge. WTF. Haven't been able to replicate it tho.

3. Falcon Dive Spike - On multiple occasions I've seen the knockback trajectory for Falcon Dive go straight down. This could have huge competitive ramifications if it's not random.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
LOL. i have only seen 1 and 2

had to say LOL

gotta love day 1 smashers, welcome

Last edited:

Twilight Sparkle

I don't play Luigi/DK/Samus much
2. Not so Super Quick Attack - I already knew about the super extended QA that goes thru Jiggly's Sing, and that's not what I'm talking about. If you QA into the right ledge of Dream Land it's possible to make your second QA shoot across the entire stage, far past the other ledge. WTF. Haven't been able to replicate it tho.
It's not just Pika that can glitch across the entire Dreamland stage. It's happened to me several times playing as Ness.

3. Falcon Dive Spike - On multiple occasions I've seen the knockback trajectory for Falcon Dive go straight down. This could have huge competitive ramifications if it's not random.
Pretty sure this has been discussed before but I still don't know what entirely causes it. And yeah, Falcon Dive is upB, you probably mean Falcon Kick which is downB. It's mostly happened to me while on Dreamland trying to prevent someone from recovering. It's lead to me completely missing, unable to recover, and looking like :c

novakain

Smash Rookie
No no no I am talking about Falcon's UpB. I've seen the falcon kick thing too, it's pretty funny.

I've only seen it 3 times. The first time I don't remember too well, other than it was a 4 player match and I just wrote it off as 4 player shenanigans. But then it happened again, at Dream Land. I was Samus and the Falcon grabbed me with it above the right platform. I had a lot of damage but I just went straight down (Got the tech tho!!! #clutch). We were both like WTF, and I went to Training Mode to try to replicate it. Same scenario, vs. Samus above the right platform, and it happened again. Was hard to replicate b/c CPUs don't UpB on call; I kept trying it while spamming button presses and I got it after like half an hour. It's definitely a thing, but idk why.

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
This happened to me once as well. Would be cool if someone found what this is caused by.

Madao

If someone could post a video, I could give it a shot.

Edit: Was this on console or emulator? I know certain glitches have only worked for me on console. For instance, in VS mode, I was able to steal a life for free if I pressed start right when a teammate died. I'm pretty sure I've seen other weird things too like reflecting samus' projectile with the beam sword. It's been a long time since I've played on console though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom