• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vanish to the ledge?

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
This was something I was messing around with.... Oh...

August, September. But I kinda stopped playing brawl so much and never really brought it up for discussion.

I just got my wii back from repairs, and that has motivated me to make a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJdSDwm8rY

Um, I saw Vanish Cancel threads, trying to cancel the landing lag... But the options with that seem pretty limited. and I actually wanted to bring this up in those threads, but they seem to be dead, and I figure I might as well just make an new thrad.

But the Idea I came up with as a solution to dealing with the lag was just to vanish > ledgegrab.
I've never seen it really discussed as an option, and I've never really seen it done.
I've been using this in my game for a while, And I feel its been successful.

Judo777

Smash Master
hey man good idea here i had thought of this a while ago and actually been incorporating it some into my game but i think its good that u brought this idea more out in the open. I didn't ever think of angling it downward diagonally to get a shorter distance to the ledge so good insight also id like to mention that this is easier on YI because the slants near the ledge allow u to slide off a bit if u land on em.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
~steps out of some randomly placed shadow~

Actually I did a little frame testing on vanish canceling some time ago and from the ground no matter how I angle it I could not make it have any less lag then going completely horizontal. Falling for a short while and reappears more or less on the ground have identical lag.

It's a good mindgame though because it appears you will have lag.

Anyway if you wish to be a real ninja attacking someone only to dash awayto vanish or even randomly vanishing when someone comes to you is fun as hell and is surprisingly safe. I think I already made a post in the general discussion about it but unless your sonic it's impossible to OoS dash grab sheik(this is assuming shiek hold away when vanish. I did not measure shield stun DI or whatever it's called so this might not continue to hold true on "I'ma livin off Smash level"). I also tested falco laser and phantom (faintly) and in a frame perfect environment they can punish sheik vanish OoS but we are dealing with extremes.

Vanish onto the ledge is amazing, very safe(as far as sheik on the ledge goes), can be done at many ranges if aimed at the ground correctly and is nearly impossible to read. It's like Meta knight Fsmash, the start up is somewhat punishable but the aftermath is **** safe.

~steps into some randomly placed shadow again~

Judo777

Smash Master
Im curious if u do an perfectly horizontal aerial vanish at the right height to make it cancel will that have less lag since u arent sacrificing distance from ur opponent that u reappear. I guess what i mean is if i vanish on the ground and cancel it i am not reappearing as far away from my opponent as if i had just vanished horizontally away. However if i jumped and did it in the air and teleported away horizontally and canceled it would it be safer?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm always afraid to do it... but maybe thats because I over complicate.

You can actually grab the edge from tons of distances inbetween the ones you've shown in the video the is pretty much a distance fo every possible angle of vanish and there are quite a few.

good find good post, people should put more effort into making this a part of their game.

Top Bottom