• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VA Tech tourney july 7th

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, its been a couple months now since the last one, I'm hoping to do two of these in July before I move to a new place.

1711 Whipple Drive Apt 10
Blacksburg VA 24060

teams and singles, ten dollars entry each. Theres a consistent locals showing, and hopefully we can get some people to drive down. Last time we only had ten people, but the times before it was 21 and 27, so hopefully we'll get a decent turnout.

Basic rules: team attack on, items off, 8:00 time limit if needed

neutral stages: final destination, battlefield, dream land 64, yoshi's story, pokemon stadium and fountain of dreams (singles only)

counterpick stages: brinstar, jungle japes, rainbow cruise, corneria, dk 64, and mute city (singles only)

no wobbling, stalling under the level, stuff like that, basic mlg rules.

hope to see people there!

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Hey now Bobz, what was wrong with the ten person smashfest of rediculousosity?

Well, Andrew and I already had plans to head up there that day anyways to hang out with justin and all them... Was even thinking it might end up at your place. XD

So yeah, We'll be there for sure with the usual stuff, and then we'll all fly to Pokemon.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
hah hah, i'm really hoping you take over and start running tourneys down here chillin, you got the mad bracket skillz and people would drive to see the great chill

Jumanji

Smash Cadet
Don't forget ChozenOne is heading to Radford.
Please tell me that these things get done during the school year also.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
hmm, i hope you are actually good masa, cause you do seem to talk the ****

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
this is looking more and more like just a smashfest, i'd suggest people bring sleeping bags and pillows, we should have the floor space, that way we can smash till the late hours

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you should all just move in one dorm and create the first living space inhabited by all smashers and where there was at least one person playing melee 24/7

Icey

Smash Cadet
i am strongly considering coming to this tourney. give me a day or so and that can be confirmed. If i come i can bring along 2-3 people with me.

Shepp

Smash Apprentice
i am strongly considering coming to this tourney. give me a day or so and that can be confirmed. If i come i can bring along 2-3 people with me.

are you friends with the general? he lives up in roanoke too. bring him along

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
dude ill be there ill bring my skills.. shepps skills will prolly tag along... can't seem to shake em'.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
you should all just move in one dorm and create the first living space inhabited by all smashers and where there was at least one person playing melee 24/7
Like my dorm freshman year,

except I was the only person who played smash. that is until I introduced ssb power hour, then all my roommates played.

then we all just took a break and watched every episode of dragonball z/gt for 2 months straight

Masa must rep the former TNR down at tech

Hyde

Smash Apprentice
how far is this from newport news, and Ft. Eustis? I'm on limited time at the moment, so yea the quickest reply is best id like to get some good ol smashing in on da weekends so yea... the quicker i get back to it the better

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
new port news? like five hours

also, anyone coming please bring set ups! we only have one complete set up and then a tv with no cube here, so anything will help.

Icey

Smash Cadet
Shepp, i am friends with thegeneral i will give him a call and tell him im going tomorrow if he wants to come. I have a cube that i can bring if i come.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
AGGH! Why do you have to have this now? I'm going to Pennsylvania!

Man, I'd so be all over this.

Well, auto-explitive (cool).

Icey, ask Graham to take you up. Tell Ben and Robbie about this. You all should rep roanoke.

And don't lose to quickly. That would reflect badly on us all. :ohwell:

Edit: hey, I think I can come up now. Turns out I'm not leaving for Penn. until Sunday. I'll just pack tonight and try to come up with Graham and Icey tomorrow.

Same place and everything, right? I know where the place I went to last time was. I hope no one has moved. I can bring a cube and some extra cables (I use s-video on mine now.)

I'm excited.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Oh man, I can't wait for this mess. Its been too long since you've done this Bobz, and the NC tournament I went to turned out to be well, bad. Other than getting to play PacStrife anyways.

I have no idea how I'll make it without this from now on XD

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
More like teams is at 4:00 and Singles is at 6:00.
Thanks again for everything, Bobz. That was good stuff.

I finally beat Eric. That was big stuff. The overall level of play was much better since the last tournament I came too. Learned a lot just from playing you guys. (like to stick with Peach :) )

Close matches against Jimmy and whomever was playing Luigi. Your Luigi gives me nightmares. I don't know how you pulled off some of those arial recoveries.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
That was a lot of fun, even with only 4 set ups it ran fine. We started very very late, but better to have more people.

Results:
Teams: 8
1) Sheppedge: Shepp and Savedge
2) SpaceJew: Bobz and Alex
3) Weeg: Zack and Jimmy
4) No Name: Scott and General
5) 1/2 Good: Trevor and Big Nick
5) Phillis: Justin and Tansley
7) Ultraspifftor: Face and Andrew
7) Icey: Icey and Swift

Singles: 17
1) Shepp
2) Savedge
3) Bobz
4) Trevor
5) Justin
5) Scott
7) Zack
7) Icey
9) Alex
9) Andrew
9) Jimmy
9) Swift
last) Big Nick, Justin Y, Face, General, Sean

good times, hopefully everyone had fun. for once i actually made money at a tourney. Still so sick to think that i beat all the contenders for 3rd, yet stood no chance against the top two, you guys need to travel more!

Top Bottom