• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

v.1.1.0 Diddy Kong Competitive Discussion + Future goals

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Ok so the Diddy board have been dead for a while now and its quite sad to see can't be mad because it was even like this in the 1.0.4 days.

If you have been on these boards long enough im sure you know of my dedication to push this character board farther but, I didn't want to post up a bunch of threads of theory crafting sillyness. I have also tried to get the top Diddy's attention but sadly some have scoffed at the idea...

Basically its clean up time boys and girls Diddy's Meta WONT develop unless we really put out information and help each other through the process.

Right now this thread can be a place for every finding or experimental idea you have for Diddy Kong.

I feel this character is still top 10 its just that his overall playstyle has changed.

:4diddy:Diddy Kong | T 22:30 |
  • Down Smash knockback growth on both hits increased 69/74 → 72/76
  • Up Smash (more consistent linking)
    • First hit hitbox order altered
    • Second hit angles altered 95°/105° → 105°/125°, higher hit weight based knockback increased 45 → 48
    • Third hit horizontal displacement 3.5 → 4.0, vertical 0.0 → 0.6
| ★

Also expect me to post more threads to get discussions going like:
Revival of the stage list thread
A new MU Discussion thread (only if enough people agree on it)
AT Thread
Move Discussion Thread
more depends on the sugesstions you guys throw at me.

Lets do our best to make this character board awesome!

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Thanks! I noticed that this thread was sorta dying, so I decided to make an AT thread! I made it last week and I don't know if it is done or not... also the combo thread has been doing pretty well as Orocket and I have been labbing new combos and testing old ones. Plus, Have you seen the New-Haa combo? I am hoping that this combo will be even better in the future as we define/improve it more, but at the moment it is a great 29%

Also, Should we have a general MU discussion as well as character specific? Character specific ones are just plain easier to find and a guest won't have to sift through 20 pages of GMU. Just my thoughts!

Edit: AT thread http://smashboards.com/threads/diddy-kong-at-compilation-searching-for-more-please-help.413641/

Last edited:

Lylo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chompypy
3DS FC
0490-8557-3079
Thanks. Was waiting for this kind of new thread.

Orocket

Smash Cadet
Yeah hopefully we can keep the boards alive. I know there are Diddy mains out there. @ Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 and I have been doing work in the Diddy Combo thread and I've been labbing trying to figure out new ideas. Check out some of the stuff we've done in the combo thread and check out sonicninja's AT thread, its put together really nice. @ LiL.Will LiL.Will I'm glad you've got good ideas for the Diddy boards, I'll be hanging around here to help out for sure.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I have an idea, is there any use for Z-Drop catching the banana to extend your combos? Because I know that ROB can do that with his gyro and create super long combos, and I was wondering if it would be the same with Diddy....

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey all, ksizzle of VitaminZK here. We have a video series detailing a breakdown on the latest patch and we recently released a video for various characters including Diddy Kong. Hope you enjoy!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Down Smash I love you SO MUCH now <3

SO ****ING MUCH! <3

Up Smash is also really sexy now, but D Smash dealing a whooping 23% on it's strong spot is just love in it's purest form! <3

Top Bottom