• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

v. 1.0.8 changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

I wanted to make a thread to record changes (if any) to Mewtwo with this latest patch. I haven't had time do much testing yet, but I plan on it later today.

Spirst

I tested each move and numerically, there are no differences. From a frame data perspective, I don't want to make up bull**** but I will say that I haven't noticed anything different than pre-patch. Knockback-wise, things seem to be the same too. I encourage other people to verify this much as well.

We still have the Teleport bouncing off the stage underside. Grab range is still bad. Not sure about the fsmash blindspot.

All in all, I doubt anything changed.

godogod

Smash Ace
-I don't know if its just me..

But confusion seems to come out faster or end sooner.
-Disable seems to have more range also.
-No changes to Shadowball(still doesn't damage when charging)
-Somebody check his weight!

Last edited:

Spirst

I checked his weight. It's the same thing. Mega Man utilt still kills him at about 68-69%. As for the Confusion thing, I'm 99% positive you're experiencing a placebo effect. Nonetheless, I will test it alongside the unpatched 3DS version.

godogod

Smash Ace
I checked his weight. It's the same thing. Mega Man utilt still kills him at about 68-69%. As for the Confusion thing, I'm 99% positive you're experiencing a placebo effect. Nonetheless, I will test it alongside the unpatched 3DS version.

Dang it Sakurai. I at least wanted a weight change. sigh. Should have known he wouldn't do anything drastic after 2 patches.

Last edited:

Spirst

Tested it just now. Confusion is exactly the same in terms of frame data. Everything else looks to be the same too in a side-by-side comparison.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo has a lot of problems, but I was expecting him to at the very least receive a weight buff. That's like, the most commonly complained about thing about the character...

I'm really bummed out now... This character needs help...

Last edited:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
If you check the Eventhubs tier list, Mewtwo's actually number 9, so at least according to that list he's doing all right. I'm just glad he doesn't seem to be nerfed

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
If you check the Eventhubs tier list, Mewtwo's actually number 9, so at least according to that list he's doing all right. I'm just glad he doesn't seem to be nerfed
Eventhubs is mouthbreatherland. Always has been, always will be. The voters there probably run into Shadow Ball all day like For Glory players.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Somebody test this, but I think they did buff Mewtwo just a little bit! The range on his bair is fixed - the very tip of the tail hits now!
I'm hoping this means other hitbox fixes.
(Note: I could be totally wrong. :3)

Last edited:

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
...Well, confusion no longer sets up a tech chase if you use it underneath a battlefield platform. Though only for one stage, I don't understand why they felt the need to nerf anything about Mewtwo.

Comorant

Smash Cadet
The eventhubs tier list is pretty bad, pretty much a popularity contest more than anything. Link is in high tier despite having little to no results in torunaments, while Wario who dominate the Japanese scene is buried regularly in the bottom 5, Luigi who many consider top tier resides in the 20s range, and Fox who gets results all the time and is widely considered high tier finds himself within the same range. It's not good to look at if you're wondering how a character does in competitive play.

But that aside, back to the point it seems like Mewtwo's changes are either really subtle or just nonexistent. Nothing significant will change unfortunately.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, Mewtwo is still brand new. I don't think any DLC characters will be balanced in patches (with the exception of glitch fixes) until Christmastime 2015, at the earliest. That's my hunch, anyway.

Spirst

...Well, confusion no longer sets up a tech chase if you use it underneath a battlefield platform. Though only for one stage, I don't understand why they felt the need to nerf anything about Mewtwo.
Yes it does. You were likely testing it on a character it never worked on in the first place.

:4mario::4drmario::4luigi::4bowserjr::4rob: are characters it never worked on. Not 100% sure if there are more or not. Go test it on Mega Man and you'll see it's still in.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
Well, Mewtwo is still brand new. I don't think any DLC characters will be balanced in patches (with the exception of glitch fixes) until Christmastime 2015, at the earliest. That's my hunch, anyway.
Or potentially August or whenever the next dlc is officially announced.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I just want to know: did they make his tail hitboxes not completely stupid? seriously bair and uair felt like they were practically untested because they're hitboxes are so clunky and nonsensical. I would love to play a mewtwo that actually feels finished one day.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Mewtwo buff. Tracking on using attacks with his 2nd jump no longer whiff. This used to happen most of the time. Now I can chase with aerial attacks like we should have been from the start.

I know it isn't a placebo. Uair used to whiff all the time.

Bair as a ground attack is still garbage. Use it as strictly aerial chase games. Move comes out like half a second after you throw the move out.

godogod

Smash Ace
That's good to hear. Anyone check on disable's range and if side smash whiffs less? I haven't really had much of side smash whiffing since I got him, but I've been doing point blank close to people(or maybe I'm doing it wrong) and it looks fine. I don't know if disable has slightly more range, but it almost feels like it to me.

I know spirst said he hasn't really noticed any other changes..but

Anyone else try out his throws also? Just checking knockback of throws..

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Yes it does. You were likely testing it on a character it never worked on in the first place.

:4mario::4drmario::4luigi::4bowserjr::4rob: are characters it never worked on. Not 100% sure if there are more or not. Go test it on Mega Man and you'll see it's still in.
I'm not sure where you got that information because I have videos somewhere of using it on Luigi and BJ before this patch.
Anyway, it changed for sure. From my testing (I had only tried on a handful of characters earlier), it now only works on :4peach::4wario::4zss::4marth::4robinm::4duckhunt::4falco::4charizard::4ness::4olimar::4lucina::4megaman::4lucas::4feroy:. That's a pretty big nerf from working on almost every member in the cast. I wonder if this is because the move itself is different, or something in the engine changed?

Spirst

I'm not sure where you got that information because I have videos somewhere of using it on Luigi and BJ before this patch.
Anyway, it changed for sure. From my testing (I had only tried on a handful of characters earlier), it now only works on :4peach::4wario::4zss::4marth::4robinm::4duckhunt::4falco::4charizard::4ness::4olimar::4lucina::4megaman::4lucas::4feroy:. That's a pretty big nerf from working on almost every member in the cast. I wonder if this is because the move itself is different, or something in the engine changed?
http://smashboards.com/threads/confusion-under-low-platforms-data-thread.399525/

That's where I got it from.

Upon testing more, it seems you're right. The move doesn't affect as many cast member as it used to. That's actually REALLY annoying since it looks to be the same otherwise in terms of startup, IASA, damage, and reflection property. We didn't get any form of compensation for a nerf to an already mediocre character.

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Does it work on the Miiverse Stage?
Yessir.

_______

So Fsmash still has a blind spot.

Dsmash still doesn't hit on the ledge.

Dash grab is still deceptively bad.

But...Placebo alert in effect mind you...has anyone tested Mewtwo's walk speed? His walk seems considerably faster to me.

Edit: Went ahead and deconfirmed this to save folks the trouble.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
Yessir.

_______

So Fsmash still has a blind spot.

Dsmash still doesn't hit on the ledge.

Dash grab is still deceptively bad.

But...Placebo alert in effect mind you...has anyone tested Mewtwo's walk speed? His walk seems considerably faster to me.

Down smash does hit on the edge of the ledge. It's not easy to land it. You have to be at a certain distance away. I've done it several times before the patch. I haven't tested it after, but I don't see why it would be taken away.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Down smash does hit on the edge of the ledge. It's not easy to land it. You have to be at a certain distance away. I've done it several times before the patch. I haven't tested it after, but I don't see why it would be taken away.
I meant that it's a giant explosion pointed right at the ground and it hits ledges worse than the back of Mario's head. That needs to be fixed.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
At the very least, Mewtwo gained a little in that his matchups with the 3 new characters seem to be okay. They don't seem to have anything Mewtwo really hates.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I can't say any good things have happened to Mewtwo this patch, but I wanted to offer some encouragement, because Samus has been awful since day 1 and she just got her first significant buff, I think. (Her upsmash links better and kills earlier.)

So, do not lose all hope, Mewtwos! Keep on truckin.

Browny

Smash Hater
http://smashboards.com/threads/confusion-under-low-platforms-data-thread.399525/

That's where I got it from.

Upon testing more, it seems you're right. The move doesn't affect as many cast member as it used to. That's actually REALLY annoying since it looks to be the same otherwise in terms of startup, IASA, damage, and reflection property. We didn't get any form of compensation for a nerf to an already mediocre character.
Can anyone confirm if dtilt ends sooner?

I dont recall anyone saying that dtilt-usmash was a combo before this patch, but just then I tested it and it works on most characters below 34%, and I seem to be able to dtilt - DJ - uair for a true combo to extend that % range all the way out past 80% on middleweights.

If the attack hasnt changed at all... maybe we should all start pushing those dtilt combos a little harder.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice

I dont recall anyone saying that dtilt-usmash was a combo before this patch, but just then I tested it and it works on most characters below 34%, and I seem to be able to dtilt - DJ - uair for a true combo to extend that % range all the way out past 80% on middleweights.

If the attack hasnt changed at all... maybe we should all start pushing those dtilt combos a little harder.
D-tilt to up smash was a combo pre patch

Spirst

I can confirm it's the same. Tested it side-by-side with the unpatched 3DS and then shielded.

Dtilt to usmash was always a combo. Dtilt is our best combo starter so we should be making as much use of it as we can.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Now, now, people. I'm as disappointed that nothing beneficial happened to Mewtwo in this patch either, but changes take time. Other (arguably) weaker characters such as Donkey Kong, Ike, Marth, Lucina, and Falcoall received healthy buffs in 1.0.8 after having been dismissed as "weak" since launch.

You know, Sakurai has revealed recently that the changes to characters are brought up by his team of play testers based on their time with the game and things they've found on the internet.

With this in mind our main solution is to complain more online.
Preferably in Japanese.

Full disclaimer, I still enjoy the fighter and appreciate its inclusion quite a bit. I just think they're are things that need fine tuning, and I'm sure you would all agree. A slight weight increase alone would be lovely.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Now, now, people. I'm as disappointed that nothing beneficial happened to Mewtwo in this patch either, but changes take time. Other (arguably) weaker characters such as Donkey Kong, Ike, Marth, Lucina, and Falcoall received healthy buffs in 1.0.8 after having been dismissed as "weak" since launch.

You know, Sakurai has revealed recently that the changes to characters are brought up by his team of play testers based on their time with the game and things they've found on the internet.

With this in mind our main solution is to complain more online.
Preferably in Japanese.

Full disclaimer, I still enjoy the fighter and appreciate its inclusion quite a bit. I just think they're are things that need fine tuning, and I'm sure you would all agree. A slight weight increase alone would be lovely.
I complain constantly and people get angry at me. I am just trying to help. :(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well at least Mewtwo came out first compared to the other DLC characters. Hopefully having access to more patches in the long run will be a good thing.

Preferably in Japanese.
Could probably do that myself once the Youtube support comes out. LMAO

Last edited:

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Well at least Mewtwo came out first compared to the other DLC characters. Hopefully having access to more patches in the long run will be a good thing.

Could probably do that myself once the Youtube support comes out. LMAO
I wish my HDD didn't die. I would make a video showcase of Mewtwo's hitbox issues just to raise awareness.

Kugelhagelfisch

Smash Cadet
Since Sakurai may just be watching, even if just by proxy, I just wanted to say that I am mad salty that Mewtwo didn't get any changes.
He's not just too light but his absolutely everything is too slow and his hitboxes are a nightmare.
It's like everything he can do is just that tiny little bit off enough that it's bad.

Well, back to waiting for the next patch it is.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Honestly, all I want is the blind spots fixed.

Hell, we'll compromise. Just DSmash and dash grab. No one uses FSmash on moving targets anyway.

I don't care about his lightness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom