• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utilizing different pikmin effectively

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I like when I just in the middle of yoshi's and toss yellows onto the platforms

B.W.

Smash Champion
Why aren't you in midair when using Pikmin toss in the first place though? Unless it's to block something real quick.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Electric attacks (including electric pikmin) do not have additional hitstun, in any of the games. They have a hitlag multiplier of 1.5x (I think) which both makes them easier to hitconfirm and follow up on, but also easier to DI/SDI.
I'm not even sure if they have that. I've read things like this, but only on things like smash wiki

smash wiki da besss (?)

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
You could always quintuple check for me/them
Just to be safe
Just be sure to not confuse PM's new light element for electric attacks like I do sometimes

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Reading what others have written, I want to make sure everyone is clear on how Olimar's next lead pikmin is decided. After whistling once, your pikmin are in the 'ordered' state, at which point your lead pikmin is obvious [let's say blue as an example]. The moment you use any attack involving pikmin (or you get the pik knocked outta you, i believe), they're in the 'scrambled' state. The next time you whistle, no matter what order your scrambled pikmin are in, the color following the lead pikmin of your last whistle will lead [in our example, white].

The key to using whistle effectively is to keep in mind what color led your previous whistle.

One more example for good measure:
(after whistle) *orders pikmin*
[OLIMAR][purple-lead][red][blue][white]
(after pikmin toss x2) *puts pikmin in scrambled state*
[OLIMAR][blue-lead][white][purple][red]
Even tho these pikmin are nicely ordered, they are still considered 'scrambled'
(whistle again) *applies 'ordered' state*
[OLIMAR][red-lead][blue][white][purple]

The 1st whistle had purple lead, so NO MATTER WHAT the next whistle had to have red lead. So you see, the scrambled pikmin lineup has absolutely no effect on which pikmin will lead after a whistle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom