• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uthrows to upb combo

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this (or considered it?)

I did some tests on fox in training mode, and cargo uthrow (from ground) to ground upb is a true combo until at least 155% (i was going up by 5%, it started to get a bit difficult to time around 120% so above 155% might be possible). This assumes no DI.

But who WOULDN'T DI a cargo uthrow? So i did some more tests.

Regular uthrow combos until at least 114% (might go higher, but i couldnt get it to combo at 115% but i could at 114%). This would be a lot easier to trick into a person not DIing (ala puff uthrow to rest) by throwing up as soon as you grab.

From the middle of FD, this kills off the side (on no DI computer) at 100% (with cargo uthrow, ~95% for regular uthrow) and before that it leads to either the fox not being able to recover or at least an easy edgeguard.

btw, all % before grab.

edit:: just tested falco real fast, looks like ~170% for cargo uthrow and 120% for regular uthrow.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
pretty sure they can shine jump out of it well before that amount of damage, but I'm not certain.
no, maybe you didnt understand, i went into training mode, did the throw, and then upbed and the combo meter showed 2. this means that the upb hit during the stun of the throw.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
really? i never saw him do it. anyways at least more people know about it, and the %s are better known. thx carl

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I do it at low percents then chase to regrab and UAir combos. If they somehow survive, I'll usually finish them off at higher percents by doing UThrow to Up+B.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Joe, look back at the MLG videos of Bum. He does it in the vids of him vsMew2king and I think PC and Killafox as well.

It's too good against fast-fallers, I was actually doing it today at a local tourney.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
carl, you need to come up to the cave tomorrow! or **** it, ill be having a smashfest or something really soon, and you can come up and we will smash!

Top Bottom