• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Equivalent to sex.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1531422847176699
Edit: Starts January 23rd.
Nortah Melee Present: Infinity
Where? Sheppard Union Building
3910 W Campus Dr, Ogden, UT 84408
Room:404
Events: Melee Doubles and Singles
Venue Fee $5*
Entry Fee $10 singles
$ !0 Doubles ($5 per person)

Registration will begin at 1:00

Melee Doubles will begin at 2:00
Format: Double Elimination

Intermission: After Doubles have finished. 1 hr max

Melee Singles will begin at 5:00

Friendlies: After Melee Singles have finished til 11:30

*T.O. Remarks:
- Due to the change of venue we can void venue fee when you bring setups (This includes TV, Melee(this includes disc or iso) and GameCube/Wii)

- Also if you don't want to carry your TV up the hill to the Sheppard Union Building, I offer a dolley service where I will pick up your TV from you car and bring it up. No charge. You must notify when you get there.

- Also if 5 minutes have passed and you have not reported match, you will lose that match.
If 10 minutes have passed and you still haven't reported to your match you will be disqualified.

- If you are going to food you must get it during the intermission phase of the tournament.

-Report to the T.O. if you are leaving the venue, so that we know where you are.

Thank you and I hope to see you there.

Last edited:

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Since he went out of the way to also post all of the details here as well, I'd think it would make sense to include the date among the details.
This. I would rather have seen a date and "details on event page" than all the details but have to go search for the date, as dates are the most important thing to tell people when scheduling an event.

Last edited:

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Wahhhh, boo hoo, he made one mistake for one event out of the multiple events he's hosted.

Last edited:

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
People on this thread are describing what they think is equivalent to the experience of sex when they've never experienced sex. EleGiggle.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Equivalent to sex.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1531422847176699
Edit: Starts January 23rd
Nortah Melee Present: Infinity
Where? Sheppard Union Building
3910 W Campus Dr, Ogden, UT 84408
Room:404
Events: Melee Doubles and Singles
Venue Fee $5*
Entry Fee $10 singles
$ !0 Doubles ($5 per person)

Registration will begin at 1:00

Melee Doubles will begin at 2:00

Intermission: After Doubles have finished. 1 hr max

Melee Singles will begin at 5:00

Friendlies: After Melee Singles have finished til 11:30

*T.O. Remarks:
- Due to the change of venue we can void venue fee when you bring setups (This includes TV, Melee(this includes disc or iso) and GameCube/Wii)

- Also if you don't want to carry your TV up the hill to the Sheppard Union Building, I offer a dolley service where I will pick up your TV from you car and bring it up. No charge. You must notify when you get there.

- Also if 5 minutes have passed and you have not reported match, you will lose that match.
If 10 minutes have passed and you still haven't reported to your match you will be disqualified.

- If you are going to food you must get it during the intermission phase of the tournament.

-Report to the T.O. if you are leaving the venue, so that we know where you are.

Thank you and I hope to see you there.
In my defense, I didn't realize that people were too ****ing stupid or lazy to click a ****ing link GG Utah scene. I didn't really go out of my way, it was like right click CTRL+P. Also why *****? When we all know you aren't going to show up. Kind of counter intuitive imo.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
People on this thread are describing what they think is equivalent to the experience of sex when they've never experienced sex. EleGiggle.
I was gonna say I was joking but it doesn't matter now. I've never had a gf or even so much as kissed a girl. I'm 20 year old lver weight kissless virgin living with my alcoholic ***** mom who blames me for her divorce and tells me to get a job or get the **** out of her house everday. I've never had more than one friend and since highschool I've had none. My only friend through school was my cousin who only hung out with me out of pitty. All of his friends used to make fun of me for being fat and playing Smash 4. I was picked on relentlessly through out highschool, I eventually learned to isolate myself in my room with only my lotion and Rosalina amibos. All I have is smashboards. This is where I come for comfort. I like to think you people are my friends because I have nobody else. I've never even seen boobs that weren't digital. I never even been close to a girl. I sat in the corner crying my senior prom because I was a ****ing loser without a date. I don't know what I'm doing with my life I really don't. I'm sorry for trying to make a joke. I'm bad at everything anyways, at least that's what my mom tells me every night. Sorry.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Support. Support. I simply meant my first post to be a point out that you hadn't put a date, one of the main parts of advertisement, in your post. Something that a simple edit and post saying "fixed it" could have finished it up. PC, Espurr's Eyes, and myself did escalate it more and I do apologize for doing so. Just remember that the basics things you want to have in any advertisement for an event is Who is hosting, Where it is, When is it, What is happening, and How Much does it cost. All other details can then be left on the event page that you can direct people to. I was just trying to give you a hand with pointing out the one bit of information that you missed. Sorry for trying to be helpful.

Also, to both you and Pumpinz Pumpinz (esp. Pumpinz): of course I'm not going to show; I don't play melee competitively. However, why do you expect us in Salt Lake to put the effort into going to your newly established events when you do not do the same to come to ours that have been running for years? No need to start throwing out insults. Just saying.

Last edited:

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
In my defense, I didn't realize that people were too ****ing stupid or lazy to click a ****ing link GG Utah scene. I didn't really go out of my way, it was like right click CTRL+P. Also why *****? When we all know you aren't going to show up. Kind of counter intuitive imo.
Truth. I feel like people on the Utah Smash Facebook page or on here that like to complain or stir **** up are usually the people who aren't even that active in the community anyways. Just dumb. You want to have a say in what's going on, yet you aren't even willing to come to tournaments or work at getting better.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Support. Support. I simply meant my first post to be a point out that you hadn't put a date, one of the main parts of advertisement, in your post. Something that a simple edit and post saying "fixed it" could have finished it up. PC, Espurr's Eyes, and myself did escalate it more and I do apologize for doing so. Just remember that the basics things you want to have in any advertisement for an event is Who is hosting, Where it is, When is it, What is happening, and How Much does it cost. All other details can then be left on the event page that you can direct people to. I was just trying to give you a hand with pointing out the one bit of information that you missed. Sorry for trying to be helpful.

Also, to both you and Pumpinz Pumpinz (esp. Pumpinz): of course I'm not going to show; I don't play melee competitively. However, why do you expect us in Salt Lake to put the effort into going to your newly established events when you do not do the same to come to ours that have been running for years? No need to start throwing out insults. Just saying.
What the hell are you talking about fam? We have been to many Smash Jams. Was actually going to come to this one. So I'm ****in confused on how you came up with that one Bryce. I got nothing but respect for ya. But when I see people say stupid **** or do stupid **** I'm gonna call you out on it. Regardless homie or not.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I don't expect ****. The real homies come through and you don't see me blowing up your tourney announcements.
And, as I stated, I never meant for the whole thing about the date to blow up. I simply pointed out a mistake. Nothing more. That was not something that required blowing up like Support did over. I have made mistakes like this as well. Someone pointed it out, I fixed it, all was good. Yes, it may have started to go a little too far afterwards, but people were stating their opinions on this topic. I have already apologized and don't need to go any further. I can't say anything about the sex line other than he brought it on himself to have people poke fun at it by putting it in to begin with.

you dont speak for all of salt lake
I know I don't. However, I know there are a few people who DO think this way. It's simply polite.

Support. Support. Sorry; I just don't remember you coming (honestly, WAY to much is going on those days for me to fully pay attention to everyone who comes). However, I wasn't trying to do anything stupid. Just pointing out something that you missed in your detailed post.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
utah drama has nothing on sotah drama js. we have a trump card caled B!S0N

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
And, as I stated, I never meant for the whole thing about the date to blow up. I simply pointed out a mistake. Nothing more. That was not something that required blowing up like Support did over. I have made mistakes like this as well. Someone pointed it out, I fixed it, all was good. Yes, it may have started to go a little too far afterwards, but people were stating their opinions on this topic. I have already apologized and don't need to go any further. I can't say anything about the sex line other than he brought it on himself to have people poke fun at it by putting it in to begin with.

I know I don't. However, I know there are a few people who DO think this way. It's simply polite.

Support. Support. Sorry; I just don't remember you coming (honestly, WAY to much is going on those days for me to fully pay attention to everyone who comes). However, I wasn't trying to do anything stupid. Just pointing out something that you missed in your detailed post.
it wasn't directed to you, but w/e I "fixed" it and I'm done beefin' sorry and peace

Last edited:

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
.....................,,-'´ . . . _,,,,,';:-,...................
....................,-(c\ \`;-=´,_,-~-, \`...............
..................,/ . . .¯'\, º ,/.'-~°,' .¯`'-,.............
................../ . . . . . .¯,_ ~--~',, . . .'\..........
.................| . . . . . . . . ¯¨¨¨(̅_̅_̅_̅((_̅_̲̅м̲̅a̲̅я̲̅i̲̅j̲̅u̲̅a̲̅n̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅() ڪے
.................| . . . . . . . , . . . .`'-, . . . |..........
................/\ . . . . . . ."-,,,-'~-~' . . . '|..........
.............,/'`\,`'-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /\..........
░█▀▄░ █░█░ █▀█░░█▀▀░▀█▀░█▀▀░█▀█░
░█░█░█░█░ █▀▀█░▀▀█░░█░░█▀▀░█▀▀░
░▀▀░░░▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀░░ ▀░░ ▀▀▀░ ▀░░░

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
And, as I stated, I never meant for the whole thing about the date to blow up. I simply pointed out a mistake.
It's not the fact that you pointed out a "mistake." It was the manner in which you did it.
Support. Support. It helps to know when...
You just come off like a smart *** tbqh. On top of that, people already know that you aren't even interested in the event, nor are interested in giving advice. You come off as only being interested in being a smart ***. Whether or not that's actually true doesn't matter. It's the way it came off. Support doesn't want your advice. In fact, nobody wants your advice. The fact that you have so little interest in the Nortah scene and you don't compete supports the fact that it wasn't constructive comment at all.

And this isn't just your problem. Utah smash is literally infested with people who don't seem to realize that the way you say something matters just as much as what you actually say. That's why people constantly shift into maximum over-triggered mode because they feel like they are personally insulted. It's just a never ending cancerous cycle that needs to be stopped. If you don't want to get blown up learn to say "When is this?" instead of "It helps to know when..." See the difference? If you don't, seek help. Or, because you aren't interested at all, just don't say anything at all. Take the time to click a provided link. It literally just doesn't matter at all. It's a trivial issue.

Or you could just not change at all. Keep doing the same things that trigger people. While you're at it, keep wondering why few people truly want to be around you. Just advice fam.

However, why do you expect us in Salt Lake to put the effort into going to your newly established events when you do not do the same to come to ours that have been running for years?
Why does it matter that it's newly established?

Let me put it this way. Some people don't want to go to a Tsuteto Tsuteto tournament due to the way he is. He's single-handedly driven away some of his business because no one wants to be around someone who rages the way he does. It makes people uncomfortable and it makes people not want to be around him. Why would they want to spend hard earned money on gas and a $10 total fee when they know they will be around someone they don't enjoy being around. It would be much different if someone went to the event and genuinely enjoyed the experience. The only people who goes on an often basis are tryhards (myself included) that have cash to spend or people who aren't easily triggered.

On top of all of this, people have the nerve to argue that there should be less events to consolidate the scene. You got TOs blaming the entire community for one person's mistake. You got @BillNyeTheSamusGuy saying that "Utah suxxxx lmao" constantly. It's just AIDS. It's like, please wake up. I want this community to flourish. I want the scene to be supportive of each other. I want us all to be homies. How is this going to happen when people unironically and constantly get offended like this. It all stems from simply not being a ****. It stems from people needing to R-E-L-A-X. It stems from people differentiating between serious issues and trivial issues. It stems from people having general respect.

But you know keep making the same mistake. Keep holding back a scene on the rise. Ignore my advice. Tacblack is just a scrub after all. Why do his thoughts matter?

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
inb4 popcorn.gif
inb4 passive aggressive response proving his point
inb4 inb4

PogChamp

Last edited:

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Tacblack Tacblack thank you for pointing out that I have been sounding like a jack ass. I do agree. I am sincerely sorry to anyone who I may have offended or triggered in this recent conversation. Take this as you will.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Page 1125, the dumbest conversation in the history of the Utah smash thread.

Anyways, I'll be at your stupid tournament. Why isn't it called "can't let go of my Johnson"?

Smash Journeyman
How do I trigger
The Utah Smashboards users?
Post event info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom