• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Thanks to everyone who came out to the tourney yesterday. After. Getting home at 4 AM, II. Legitimately woke up. Around 8 PM (of course giving goodbyes to awesome Idaho for a brief moment) is when I actually woke up with a splitting headache.

Now that Vegas has effectively squamped us in each event, how about we work towards returning the favor someday, huh? :p

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
No clue. Just saw it and thought it was worth sharing.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So who here thinks @ Jekyll Jekyll is part robot?

To vote please like or dislike this post.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
late shoutouts to...

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz for actually coming out... i haven't seen you in forever!
idaho, vegas, and so u from coming out with numbers!
utah smash 4 for dominating pools!
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for SDing in practically every game i watched of him
@ Sinz Sinz for playing well despite his long hiatus and hand injury. seriously, you seemed to have shaken off some of that rust from the salt lake weekly you attended a couple weeks ago.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Although I lost both matches I had a lot of fun at A Smashers Tale regional tournament. For my first real tournament I feel like I did pretty good. I won 1 out of 3 games for each match up. I'm more confident about my Peach skills as well. @Deebo870 thanks for coming with me.

Keeze and Spamus, I cant find your smash boards accounts, but I want a rematch.

- https://www.facebook.com/events/421331714658203/.
- http://www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey/b/668725709.
- http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/ASTLTTPSSB4S/groups.
- http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/ASTLTTPSSB4S.
- http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/ASTLTTPSSB4S/standings.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo, Ryu is solid, maybe top 10, if not closeish (I dont see him being below top 15), Roy is pretty mid tier, like better than Marth/Lucina but below Ike/Robin, and Lucas is pretty good, prob like high mid tier.

Smash Journeyman
I kind of want Roy to be good just for the sake of having a viable sword character in Smash 4. I don't like living in a world where Sheik and Ness are top-tier :(

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL Regardless of who wrote it, if they think my Sheik is a "quintessential campy Sheik" then they haven't truly seen a campy Sheik. My Sheik is actually one of the more aggressive ones on average. There are matches that I need to be more campy but I just can't do it, like against Luigi. @ Jekyll Jekyll has told me in the past that he's glad I'm not as campy as I could/should be. @ N nqztv has also said that I'm too aggressive for my own good for certain match-ups. If they think just using needles is campy, then they don't realize how Sheik plays. Sheik's weakness is crouch-canceling, so only a bad Sheik would rush in at an opponent who has low damage all the time. Needles are one of the best ways to get the opponent past the threshold without getting you slaughtered.
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos wanna do a 10 mm at the SLC weekly?
Sure...if I actually go. LOL
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for SDing in practically every game i watched of him
Maybe you should stop watching my matches and giving me bad mojo... :p

EDIT: And since I have your attention... Are the rankings updated, yet? I see a bunch of OoSer's names on there with no statistics by them, but the stats looks like how it was before the tournament.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Are the rankings updated, yet? I see a bunch of OoSer's names on there with no statistics by them, but the stats looks like how it was before the tournament.
oops, i updated the ratings, but forgot to upload them. it should be updated now.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
can somebody make it the norm to ensure at least one copy of SA2:B is at every utah tournament? thank u god bless
It will be at the Ol' 1-2. $5 MM grind race dibs on metal sonic.

wangston

Smash Lord
**** ALL YOU SCRUBS!!!

Edit, but for reals though I'm down to play smash any time my SO is working and I'm not so if you are in Provo I will hit you up for smash.

Played smash 4 for the second time last night with Steven and Rocky. Customs are janky af. Also if I had a main it would be Shulk. Something about a man with a big sword really gets me going, also that alt costume in boxers.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
**** ALL YOU SCRUBS!!!

Edit, but for reals though I'm down to play smash any time my SO is working and I'm not so if you are in Provo I will hit you up for smash.

Played smash 4 for the second time last night with Steven and Rocky. Customs are janky af. Also if I had a main it would be Shulk. Something about a man with a big sword really gets me going, also that alt costume in boxers.
You retired you're not allowed to come back that quick bruh

net1234

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
@ net1234 net1234 I know, you have before. Everyone in the state can beat me with falcon. You can challenge the other guys though.

@Dark Ryu I got owned man. Need to play you more before you leave again

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
The TO will take your proposed ruleset into consideration a verdict will be decided after balance testing.
ok so the game has a preset best of 3 option. lets do it like fighting games where you play three bo3's.

sonic/shadow only with a character swap after the first bo3. tie breaker goes into rock paper scissors for sonic/shadow for the final bo3 which is on final rush

set 1- grind race
set 2- grind race (swapped characters)
set 3 (if necessary)- final rush with RPS for choice between sonic/shadow

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok so the game has a preset best of 3 option. lets do it like fighting games where you play three bo3's.

sonic/shadow only with a character swap after the first bo3. tie breaker goes into rock paper scissors for sonic/shadow for the final bo3 which is on final rush

set 1- grind race
Let me commentate thisssssssssss

Also me and rvkys were talking about doing a falcon round robin and not this weekly but on the 24th of June is that good for you, @ Sinz Sinz @ Meleeruler Meleeruler ?
I work that day but I'll try and get it off.

@Dark Ryu I got owned man. Need to play you more before you leave again
How did this go anyway? Who did Dark Ryu even play as?

Last edited:

Roguay

Smash Journeyman

set 1- grind race

ill tell u right now if it goes to final rush ur going to get blown away

Sol_

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was actually thinking I might be able to make it out to the SLC weekly today and would it be helpful if I were to bring my melee setup? I'm not sure how plentiful they are, as this'll be my first time showing up, but if it can be useful I might as well bring it.

Also, can someone confirm the free parking behind crown burger for a broke college student?

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
good thing it wont get to final rush then because youd be an easy 2-0 ayyyy

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was actually thinking I might be able to make it out to the SLC weekly today and would it be helpful if I were to bring my melee setup? I'm not sure how plentiful they are, as this'll be my first time showing up, but if it can be useful I might as well bring it.

Also, can someone confirm the free parking behind crown burger for a broke college student?
don't need a setup. yes, there's free parking!

p.s. since last week we had melee first at the salt lake weekly, this week we'll have wii u first at 7pm, and melee at 8pm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom