• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.
Sadly my parents didn't want me to go at the last minuet because it's next to a bar, The place is in a quote "bad part of town", the people there are supposedly too old for me (I'm 17), I don't know anyone who's organizing it, and the people there could be online predators. Even after I showed them twitch streams, Google earth images of the area, the facebook page, and more they still wouldn't give in.
This is exactly what my parents are like! My parents also don't let me stay out late so I can't really go to weeklies and honestly I think they disapprove when I go to the one tournament I do go to, which is Neumont.
The rankings have been updated! Please check your information and see if there is anything that needs to be fixed as this will affect your seeding at the regional this saturday!!!
Well, I'm slightly higher than 1/3 of the way up so that's okay. I've also beaten several people on the list higher than me so that's good too.
Wait, Utah's one of the worst states at melee in the nation, and I'm slightly above average in Utah.
Excuse me, I have melee to be playing.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Falcons vs. Sotah and Nortah vs. SLC would both be way rad and I would be willing to represent the falcons or SLC if needed. :p If crew battles do happen this saturday are they going to be before or after melee singles?

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
note that the only way we'll be doing this is if everyone's up for hitting up 801labs right after the tourney or something. so you better be well rested going into the day :-p.

Myst0

Smash Cadet
Falcon Round Robin HYPE!!!!!!!!!

(keep your wizzrobe to a minimum)

Last edited:

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
The rankings have been updated! Please check your information and see if there is anything that needs to be fixed as this will affect your seeding at the regional this saturday!!!
Jacob and Spank3d are the same person on those rankings for PM, however I don't think I lost that many games when I went under the name Jacob. I played like 18 games total and lost 5, not 7.

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
So I am ranked 48 and 102, or is there a different Shane?

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
Crew battles should actually go down this weekend.

Utah v. BYU rematch
Smash and burn v. RJ
Southern Utah v. The falcons (or some other mid tier). Sorry sotah, but I think to make it competitive, you should take on a limited selection of salt lake. Rocky, soapsuds, rvkys, stream fried should all be there.
Nortah vs Salt Lake - if meleeruler counts, and is there, that cold be interesting.
Yo don't forget about the thunderdome! We'll take on any of those scrubby crews!

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Will someone please explain to me how the Utah Smash rating scores are calculated?

Last edited:

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Will someone please explain to me how the Utah Smash rating scores are calculated?
I'm pretty sure it's a similar system to ELO used to calculate player rankings in chess. Over a large pool of matches played against various people your rating will be an accurate description of your skill level. You can read more about it on the wikipedia article, it's pretty interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
brawl isn't inherently a bad game. I enjoyed it a lot. I just didn't enjoy playing against X and a few other players. It was way too frustrating.
Yeah I actually agree. I definitely like brawl a lot more than smash 4 and another smash game that shall remane nameless. Brawl has a lot of very interesting intracacies that I can appreciate, even as a solely melee player.

What i said still stands tho

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
By the way. We are enforcing a bad smell rule tomorrow. You will either be sprayed down or asked to leave.

So take a shower for ****'s sake

Last edited:

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
The venue is going to smell like sweaty smash players withing half an hour of everyone showing up. No amount of ventilation and airflow can stop the smell of tech skill and hard reads from filling the room.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
The venue is going to smell like sweaty smash players withing half an hour of everyone showing up. No amount of ventilation and airflow can stop the smell of tech skill and hard reads from filling the room.
by god i hope they try though
valiant effort they can start with rj

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Soutah will take any challenge you throw our way, give us your Falcons, your Samuses, your huddled masses.

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
what if Diago picks up Smash 4 because of this?

Smash Journeyman
I've joked about my bracket-canceling tech before, but today I took it to a new level. It seems you guys just can't handle me right now. Also, thanks to everyone who took the time to play friendlies with me as well as all the people who bodied me in PM and Smash 4.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Smashers tale was a lot of fun, shoutouts to @ Tsuteto Tsuteto @ N nqztv and @ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 for hosting, and to Vegas, Idaho, Wyoming, and Sotah for coming out. I hope you all will be able to come to future regional events that are held here, it was awesome to be able to play with a wide variety of people.

Also http://www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey/b/668787984 5:17:45 pre-mature celebration hype :p

Last edited:

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Remember when Sakuri said he didn't include Chrom in Smash because there were already too many similar sword fighters?

Well, it's official. We now have Marth, Lady Marth, and Fire Marth as playable characters in Smash 4, but no Chrom Marth in sight. *sigh* :c

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shoutouts because they're important, man

@ Reptilephantom Reptilephantom for giving me a ride up there last minute
@ adlp adlp for coming out with Southern Utah and being the chillest dude (That Falco is starting to look good)
@net1234 for getting 4 stocked in PM to my Game and Watch. The Marth had me spooked though
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for beating me again. I'll get you next time bruh
@Prinny(who I can't figure his dang Smashboards name) for being a fun dude to play against and for being there for that epic tipper/firefox clank which transcended dimensions
@JPeGImage for being the hero smash deserves (That Winner's Finals game vs SK92 on Yoshi's where you had that comeback, my god)
@ RVKYS RVKYS for beating my Falco and making me go East coast Falcon
@dansdaman for taking my money
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto for getting Douglas J'd
@Aria♪ for allegedly getting Falcon punched twice by Sinz
@ Sinz Sinz for allegedly Falcon punching Aria twice. And for entering Melee.
@Jekyll for the quick Luigi practice which helped me seal the deal against Qraq
@Logos for that sick Westballz shine pressure holy moly dude
@Roguay, @Chukwaffles, and @SoapSuds for being busters and not going
The dubs team named Goof Troop
Air fresheners
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
So the 3 new characters are legit in SSB4. Lots of fun things to do with Ryu

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
can somebody make it the norm to ensure at least one copy of SA2:B is at every utah tournament? thank u god bless

Top Bottom