• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
I haven't really taken offense to it, I don't think anyone on the team really has. The main reason the crew battles have yet to happen is that thanks to the power of needing to pay bills everyone, save BlueJay, has a shift on Saturdays that is both a.) hard to drop and b.) kind of necessary they don't miss it. :/

As for any smack-talk, my one response is a resounding meh. B)

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
So I heard that parking was slightly unusual for the weekly at 801 labs, is there anything I need to know?

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
So I heard that parking was slightly unusual for the weekly at 801 labs, is there anything I need to know?
would love to see you, but if you're coming down for smash 4, another week may be better since stream probably won't be up in time for the smash 4 tournament, many of the good players won't be able to make it this week due to the earlier time spot this week, and we'll be focusing on other events since sinz is coming down. just wanted to give you a heads up.

If you want to challenge us, pretty sure we'd be up for it! Assemble a crew and let us know.
maybe against vegas unranked, otherwise, it would have no hype. vegas vs so u, anyone? that was just painful to watch. and before anyone says that we're better than so u, it doesn't matter, vegas ranked will still run train against us :-p.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you want to challenge us, pretty sure we'd be up for it! Assemble a crew and let us know.
I'll challenge you guys.

All star crew battle.

Or regular crew battle.

Either one. Or both.

Either way, I'm playing.

Last edited:

Zerg_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-3815-6289
everyone wanted the uofu weekly to happen. every school should have their own smash club. we just didn't want it to be a paid weekly :-p. and just because uofu and slc weeklies continued to have decent turnout, you can't use that as an example of proof since we have an equally valid counter-example where the ogden weeklies went from having 30+ turnout to less that 10 when the kaysville weekly started up.

choice is great, and that's why lots of people have fests which is good. people should always be able to find someone to smash with. but if there was a tournament every day of the week, we would never get enough good players together to make them meaningful :-p. we had to twist some arms to make the byu vs uofu crew battle happen! if you truly think of yourself as a competitive player, you need to put in *some* effort to put yourself in competition with other people that may or may not live around you :-p.
Here we go again. I find it hilarious that the only people that ***** and moan about the Kaysville(Layton) weekly, are those who have never actually attended it. If you did actually go, you would find that not a single person in attendance is one who comes in place of going to the Ogden weekly. Previously, I had everyone in attendance fill out a survey, and the results were painfully clear that this weekly was in no way harming other weeklies. You can even create your own survey and bring it in if you don't believe me. Correlation does not imply causation, this weekly conclusively had no effect on the Ogden one. These people attend the Layton weekly because they physically can't attend the Ogden one. You can pat yourself on the back for whatever effort you put into attending your weekly, but that doesn't mean other people are simply attending one weekly instead of another out of laziness. Some of them have school on Thursdays, some may have work, and others are fortunate enough to have a schedule where they can (and do) attend both. The Layton weekly provides a place where those who cannot attend the Ogden weekly can still get some practice in and have fun with their friends. Are you really suggesting that we get rid of it and just say screw those guys? Give me a break. This weekly is in no way a detriment to the community, and it's time for you to stop spouting this bull**** saying that it is.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
would love to see you, but if you're coming down for smash 4, another week may be better since stream probably won't be up in time for the smash 4 tournament, many of the good players won't be able to make it this week due to the earlier time spot this week, and we'll be focusing on other events since sinz is coming down. just wanted to give you a heads up.
I'm not all that great anyways, as long as there are people to play against. I also want to get back into melee after 10 years of not playing, so I have a lot of catching up to do :p

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
I'm not all that great anyways, as long as there are people to play against. I also want to get back into melee after 10 years of not playing, so I have a lot of catching up to do :p
koo, just wanted to give you the heads up. and you do also have the kaysville (now layton) weekly going on as well. so that's also an option for you :-p.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
koo, just wanted to give you the heads up. and you do also have the kaysville (now layton) weekly going on as well. so that's also an option for you :-p.
I work in murray so it's easier to hit on the way up. There's a weekly that I can make it up to on thursday though that I'll hopefully start attending

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Here we go again. I find it hilarious that the only people that ***** and moan about the Kaysville(Layton) weekly, are those who have never actually attended it. If you did actually go, you would find that not a single person in attendance is one who comes in place of going to the Ogden weekly. Previously, I had everyone in attendance fill out a survey, and the results were painfully clear that this weekly was in no way harming other weeklies. You can even create your own survey and bring it in if you don't believe me. Correlation does not imply causation, this weekly conclusively had no effect on the Ogden one. These people attend the Layton weekly because they physically can't attend the Ogden one. You can pat yourself on the back for whatever effort you put into attending your weekly, but that doesn't mean other people are simply attending one weekly instead of another out of laziness. Some of them have school on Thursdays, some may have work, and others are fortunate enough to have a schedule where they can (and do) attend both. The Layton weekly provides a place where those who cannot attend the Ogden weekly can still get some practice in and have fun with their friends. Are you really suggesting that we get rid of it and just say screw those guys? Give me a break. This weekly is in no way a detriment to the community, and it's time for you to stop spouting this bull**** saying that it is.
is this nick? wow, you're a little firecracker :-p. you went off :-p. and you keep inferring things which weren't implied. no... one... said... get rid of the kaysville weekly -_-''.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Yo all this Nortah drama and Soutah's all like who's cooler hax$ or s2j?

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
howboutweplaydbzinstead

Edit: Like seriously, I really want to play this game again... and soul caliber 2.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I forgot that this is the Utah thread. I should go back to the Idaho thread for Logan, Idaho :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
maybe against vegas unranked, otherwise, it would have no hype. vegas vs so u, anyone? that was just painful to watch. and before anyone says that we're better than so u, it doesn't matter, vegas ranked will still run train against us :-p.
For EVO I think we'll be putting together an A, B, and C team, lol. I haven't seen Utah's player base recently, but by my rough estimate I feel that B team would be slightly favored against Utah. It should be a good match though! You guys still have PC, X, net, and Yaz, right?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
For EVO I think we'll be putting together an A, B, and C team, lol. I haven't seen Utah's player base recently, but by my rough estimate I feel that B team would be slightly favored against Utah. It should be a good match though! You guys still have PC, X, net, and Yaz, right?
X moved to colorado, and yaz is pretty much retired :-(. and pc doesn't really travel unfortunately :-/.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, Vegas Vs. So U wasn't really an organized crew battle, and some of the So U participants were our newer/weaker players, while a few of our better players weren't there. Not trying to say Vegas wouldn't body us if we used an optimal lineup, but I think we would at least look a little better.

Also, we should try to put together a more legit crew for EVO. It looks like we might have enough people that we would only need to use 1 Level 9 Luigi.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Sinz is already sick of the drama again,

Also good to know that @ ElectricCitrus ElectricCitrus hasn't taken offence, if the team makes it to neumont either this time or next we should still have the falcon's vs smashandburn crew battle. (why aren't you on their twitter page if you're on the crew?)

Zerg_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-3815-6289
But Hax gave up on Falcon, so I wouldn't vote for him just because of that. Lord is the coolest Falcon, though.
Yea, I definitely get that. I can't really blame him tho. The dude probably still has nightmares about Falco.

S2J is the coolest.
Blasphemy! He is pretty cool though.

Sidenote, does Lord still attend majors or anything? I feel like I never see him anymore.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jeapie is actually the coolest Falcon, FYI.

Also, I won't be making it to Neumont since it was announced too late and I couldn't get work off, so you guys won't have to worry about Puff this weekend.

Last edited:

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Jeapie is actually the coolest Falcon, FYI.

Also, I won't be making it to Neumont since it was announced too late and I couldn't get work off, so you guys won't have to worry about Puff this weekend.
Sorry about that. Things got in the way and I was unable to get a date scheduled at a decent time.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
For the june 13th tourney Boise Idaho has a car coming by the sounds of it.

Just need vegas to confirm as well.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
For the june 13th tourney Boise Idaho has a car coming by the sounds of it.

Just need vegas to confirm as well.
definitely sounds like there's interest from vegas, but i'll keep hounding them until i get a confirmation of definite plans.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Stitch and I were talking about the rotation of games at the Game Den weekly after the melee tournament on Tuesday. Looking at the recent turnouts for Melee, PM, and Smash4, Melee turnout is always highest. I have nothing against Smash4, but it looks like Melee has the most people looking to improve and we can't progress as much if we only have two tournaments a month (Smash4 has four, including doubles).

ME went to the Foundry (big tournament scene in Cali) on Tuesday and he said their lower level players are basically as good as our top level players. If we ever want to be able to actually compete against other regions, I think it would be beneficial to have more melee events. My thought is to replace Smash4 doubles with Melee singles. The major disadvantage I see to doing this is that we'd have to switch out WiiU's for Wii's to start the Melee tournament, but I don't think that a big deal? Any thoughts on this idea?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
so will pm be a regular slc weekly thing? or just a 1 time thing since sinz was there?
just a one time thing. but as i said in the utah smash facebook group, if you can tell me in advance that you know of at least 8 people who are willing to play in tournament, we will set it up for that week. otherwise, there will only be a friendly setup or two put up at the weekly.

Also good to know that @ ElectricCitrus ElectricCitrus hasn't taken offence, if the team makes it to neumont either this time or next we should still have the falcon's vs smashandburn crew battle. (why aren't you on their twitter page if you're on the crew?)
electric citrus is el matador

Stitch and I were talking about the rotation of games at the Game Den weekly after the melee tournament on Tuesday. Looking at the recent turnouts for Melee, PM, and Smash4, Melee turnout is always highest. I have nothing against Smash4, but it looks like Melee has the most people looking to improve and we can't progress as much if we only have two tournaments a month (Smash4 has four, including doubles).

ME went to the Foundry (big tournament scene in Cali) on Tuesday and he said their lower level players are basically as good as our top level players. If we ever want to be able to actually compete against other regions, I think it would be beneficial to have more melee events. My thought is to replace Smash4 doubles with Melee singles. The major disadvantage I see to doing this is that we'd have to switch out WiiU's for Wii's to start the Melee tournament, but I don't think that a big deal? Any thoughts on this idea?
ya, me and tim talked about this as well. since the hang time weekly started up again and will have pm every week, we're thinking of dropping both smash 4 teams and pm singles from the provo game den rotation. so starting next week, we'll probably only have melee singles and wii u singles until the next pm version comes out.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I just found that a max distance boost run into moonwalk with Falcon can cover just about the entire length of FD. This is fantastic.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing this out there, sorry to be negative, but holy crap the microphone situation here: https://youtu.be/ojnYhjNQ9gw

Anyways I agree there is no reason to have doubles at weeklies. There's never many teams and the good players play with each other, so there is normally a team you know will win which discourages entries.

Top Bottom