• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
No longer having a fest do to unforseen circumstances. Another day soon though!

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
i cud beat hugs.

unrelated note: seeing aMSa lose makes me cri

so has @Tane just forsaken us cuz no one will host?

Last edited:

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to have people over at my place in Taylorsville for smash tonight. I got nowhere to be in the morning so we can go until everyone is too tired as long as we contain the hype enough to not wake up the neighbors. Need people to bring setups. All I have here right now is a crt and no gamecube/wii :/. Address is 4770 s 2200 w apt f15 Taylorsville 84129. Text or call me before coming over 916 8four4 8858

net1234

Smash Ace
I'm down to have people over at my place in Taylorsville for smash tonight. I got nowhere to be in the morning so we can go until everyone is too tired as long as we contain the hype enough to not wake up the neighbors. Need people to bring setups. All I have here right now is a crt and no gamecube/wii :/. Address is 4770 s 2200 w apt f15 Taylorsville 84129. Text or call me before coming over 916 8four4 8858
too lazy to text will go in like 40 mins

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
How many people are over there? I don't have a TV I can bring (only have a giant flat screen), but I could bring my Wii if needed.

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
We got 2 tvs one wii here now so that would be good. It's only me and net so far. Might go pick up death since he can't seem to find a ride

Smoom77

Smash Master
anyone want to come to my place to play brawl/melee/PM? i have no transportation so i can't go anywhere really lol. i'm on campus byu. text or call 7134178205

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Gonna be a little hard to find smashers on the 4th of July XD
Lol but hey I guess if I wasn't in slc
I would smash with you

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
To any doc players and pm mario players.... we got some new tech!
http://smashboards.com/threads/you-can-ledge-grab-with-docs-dash-attack.360222/#post-17006804

How i ever I still question its viability.... i think you can use it to make dash attack a little more safe on platforms and other edges
Seems useful given specific situations, but wavedash -> ledge grab is still the best imo with sh -> ledge grab a close second, just because they can be transferred between characters with small differences in timing, so once you learn it once it's not terribly hard to do with every character, unlike a character specific tech. Tech that can be applied to any character is more useful than character specific tech

BUT this shouldn't devalue the importance of more character specific tech, because the first step in mastery is to know yourself and your character.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
The only advantage it has compared to a normal ledge grab is that you don't "have to face the stage" to grab it.... you turn around after the dash but initially when you start the movement you're not. But if that's the case you might as well just short hop and turn around cape or in pm (i think this works in pm but it does not in melee) short hop turn around fireball/pill.

I'm still playing around with it to see how fast i can actually do it and the farthest distance away. I just need to do it consistently. Another thing i'm curious about is the frame window for it. The window to do it in melee is a lot shorter than pm. According to Mr. Lemon it's a lot easier in pm. I don't have pm on me right now so i wouldn't know.

Also say you screw up and miss a dash attack and you just so happen to do it on an edge now you have an option to get you out of a bad situation.

And doing it on platforms is pretty cool

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
PC grab still faster. Just wavedash towards the ledge, and turn around while sliding, then fast fall to take the ledge.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos haha, ya, sorry about that. but you proved your salt by knocking @Sexy Yaz into loser's early in the tournament.

for those who wanted youtube vids (pinging @ C C!Z ), here are the winner's, loser's, and grand finals from the project m tourney from the 24th, and here are the winner's, loser's, and grand finals from the melee tourney from the 1st. as expected, the quality of the youtube vids are pretty bad (despite the fact that i uploaded losslessly encoded videos), so i apologize for that. i'll try to learn more about how to encode the videos to look better on youtube :-p.

once again, i'll post a btsync folder for the rest of the recorded matches at a later point.

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
anyone want to come to my place to play brawl/melee/PM? i have no transportation so i can't go anywhere really lol. i'm on campus byu. text or call 7134178205
Hey smoom - I saw that you are on Byu campus - if you haven't yet please join the Byu smashers page so you can continue to get updates on smash fests near you. People near here usually just post their event there rather than in this Utah thread. If you are already on the page, tell me who you are so I know. We do fests a lot.

Top Bottom