• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

___X___

Smash Lord
Lol. I'm actually thinking of becoming the main tournament host for Utah, now. And I know for a fact I can get 30+ at every one of my tournaments. Even if I don't enter, it's still a lot of fun running tournament and being a host. I enjoy it, actually. Plus it would always be an ongoing thing, never would I drop out, randomly, or have a hiatus. Maybe, just maybe I'll do these every month? I'll ask and see what people want:) I know I can for sure bring the Utah scene back. I've always just been too lazy, and never really cared. Not that I want it back or anything, but I know you guys do, and I wouldn't mind helping/hosting events. Maybe even get a bigger venue? I've talked to my friends, and they said they can get me a drama theater. So seats from at least 2 floors, and finals on a HUGE projector like at Apex! I get really creative with these tournaments. Hope to get all of Utah's support in helping me. Not saying I 'need' you guys' help, it would just be nice. Thanks.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
That's because I'll be competing in singles next time

•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Im not going to Apex, maybe Apex 2015 since Smash 4 will be out.
Unless they delay it like with Brawl...
If you want mental stamina go to college and major in math
Unfortunately, I'm already doing that. -_-
I've always just been too lazy, and never really cared. Not that I want it back or anything, but I know you guys do, and I wouldn't mind helping/hosting events. ... Hope to get all of Utah's support in helping me. Not saying I 'need' you guys' help, it would just be nice.
This sounds very tsundere to me. XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Chris just texted me saying MK is gonna be banned again.

Seriously, this kid.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
He's just mad someone told him to boku no pico was
The best anime ever and he believed it
Then realized he liked it LOOL

Tuesday
We go HAM

wangston

Smash Lord
Anyone in provo that didn't go to the tourney want to have a smashfest? All my other friends went to vegas and my gf is working. So if anyone wants to smash come over. 260 east 500 north provo

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
nuemont has some kids with brawl potential
interesting

oh and nice venue except for the ****ing parking
omg **** that ****
almost ruins the venue for me, if it weren't for the amazing
area there was

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There was a few Melee players there with potential, too.
And yeah, downtown sucks when it comes to parking. I'm really glad I made plans ahead of time for parking. It's unfortunate that people got screwed due to parking, like Tuesday.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, Salt Fest is coming up! Here's some key information for y'all about Salt Fest:

*It'll be running on May 17th and 18th (That's a Saturday / Sunday)
*Pre-registration will start December 1st at $20. Essentially each month from there it will only go up, so get your tickets then (site will be updated that day to purchase tickets).
*It will probably be at the same exact location as last time.

It's still in early planning, so we are working out other aspects, such as whether smash will be over just one day or two, pot bonuses, etc. More than happy to get information released as soon as that's set, but I'm going to just avoid speculation for now.

I'll be over seeing the Smash Bros competition for it this year, and wanted to get some opinions and what you'd like to see done for it competition wise. Planning still on Melee and Brawl Singles/Doubles, however how many would be interested in having Project: M as a part of the line up? If there's truly enough interest (meaning at least 20 or so people), I wouldn't even mind doing the likes of Smash 64 or PSABR, but I'm not thinking there will be exactly.

Let me know!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ill go to Salt Fest, and Id also be down for a PSABR tourney, even if I will be the only entrant lol.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@Ebo: T'would be awesome if you did :) Plus anybody else who has friends elsewhere, tell them to get ready for this. December the site will be up with the new info, and by January I'll have everything in place as to what the competitions will be and such.

@Zz: Plenty of time to get hype for this. Get me at least 12 people who will compete in PSABR, I'll set it up.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well PSABR is getting a massive rebalance patch sometime either this month or next, so hopefully that will bring back some players since atm no one really plays it around here lol. Ill try though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I doubt theyll come once they know MK is banned though, most of them have pocket MKs.

___X___

Smash Lord
Lol. That was an obvious troll. But I couldn't care what you guys think, especially you. I'll be announcing that Vegas is coming, because they really are. Glad to know you won't be there though:)
That being said, my tournament has just turned into an OoS tournament! I'll try to get Colorado to come as well! Maybe even some California. Gonna be better than the last one!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im just trying to help you here, no high level scenes will take you serious with MK banned aside from maybe Texas who is both too far and inactive. Cali's top 5 is almost exclusively MK and MK secondaries.

steel101

Smash Rookie
Hey all, Salt Fest is coming up! Here's some key information for y'all about Salt Fest:

*It'll be running on May 17th and 18th (That's a Saturday / Sunday)
*Pre-registration will start December 1st at $20. Essentially each month from there it will only go up, so get your tickets then (site will be updated that day to purchase tickets).
*It will probably be at the same exact location as last time.

It's still in early planning, so we are working out other aspects, such as whether smash will be over just one day or two, pot bonuses, etc. More than happy to get information released as soon as that's set, but I'm going to just avoid speculation for now.

I'll be over seeing the Smash Bros competition for it this year, and wanted to get some opinions and what you'd like to see done for it competition wise. Planning still on Melee and Brawl Singles/Doubles, however how many would be interested in having Project: M as a part of the line up? If there's truly enough interest (meaning at least 20 or so people), I wouldn't even mind doing the likes of Smash 64 or PSABR, but I'm not thinking there will be exactly.

Let me know!
for what its worth i would definitely sign up for Project: M and i probably wont even sign up for Brawl or Melee

id sign up for it at even the smaller local tournaments too

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Look, Chris, if you really want people from out of state to come, and if you really want this to be big and reach a bigger crowd, you need to have MK legal. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. MK is far to prominent with top players, and top players showing up draws a bigger audience. You have a MUCH bigger audience, like Cali for example, if you allow MK. Without MK, you wont get anyone from Cali bar maybe a few randoms. Legalize him, you could get their top 10, who knows.

No one is going to decide not to come because MK is allowed, and yet by banning him you're minimizing your audience and destroying any chance of legitimate top level out of state players from showing up, and also denying our players match up experience from the number 1 threat we face when we leave this state. Your petty ban does nothing but hurt us; if/when you try to take this out to get more recognition and the out of state players start seeing you ban MK, they'll just laugh and ignore it, no one will take it seriously.

Trust me, Id do better if MK was banned as well, its Yoshi's second hardest MU and Bowser/Mario have -3/-4 MUs with him, this isnt for self gain here, Im legitimately trying to help you. Banning MK isnt worth it, if you want bigger turn outs and you want OoS recognition and attendance, you need to legalize him.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Lool u thought they were coming for real last time??? HAHA
And it's funny how u put words in other scenes mouth as if u actually know anything about them
But hey if u still don't believe him
50$ bet???

___X___

Smash Lord
You guys are the biggest babies. Why don't you host your own tournaments then? Funny how you guys talk so much crap, and I'm the only one that gets a decent amount of players in my tournaments. I don't care about ANYTHING so long as I have 40+ people. Which I will always have. So suck it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Chris confirming he doesnt care about the scene.

I knew you were selfish, but seriously?

Why even run tournaments if you dont care about the people, why even care about getting so many attendants if you dont care about them?

I want to type more, but honestly, Im just dumbfounded by how incredibly inconsiderate, uncaring, and straight up ignorant youre being. The smash scene isnt about 'who gets the most entrants', its about being with friends and hanging out playing video games, not a popularity contest.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Sorry for the being late on getting the results out... I forgot to talk to bryce (the guy in charge) to give me results before I left so i'll get them tomorrow and besides I'm really tied up in coding right now so I wouldn't do it even if i had it. But i'll be free tomorrow to do it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...why even care about getting so many attendants if you dont care about them?
Probably because he wants to try to take the pot for himself, hence why he cares for a big turnout but is adamant about banning a character that he has trouble against. But he's still losing to I See recently, so maybe Ice Climbers should be banned, too.
I wanted to respond to that post of his, too, but opted not to since I figured it'd be pointless, given how he's choosing to respond in such a way as he did.

Top Bottom