• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Do you guys want me to make a thread about it? If not, I'll just repost all the stuff with more info when the date is closer.

___X___

Smash Lord
Why does Z'z care so much about LoL when he sucks balls at it?
On that note, I had the craziest dream that me, Steve, Kev, and Marco were playing LoL IRL!
And we ***** these guys.......

Happy Halloween!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wow Chris, way to go behind my back like that. I finally decide to let off on calling you bad at the game, and then you go and do this. Not to mention we havent even played with or against each other yet.

Anyways, keep losing to those Ness players!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can make one if he wants me too

And here's a reminder about the info and such:
November 5th
There will be a tournament hosted at my house and it will start at noon. YOU CAN BE THERE ANY TIME AFTER 10, BUT MAKE SURE YOU'RE THERE BY 12, THAT'S WHEN IM STARTING THE ACTUAL TOURNAMENT!! We will be on a limited time schedule, so there WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE ANY DELAYS!! I will by drinks before hoof, so VM me if you want anything special or specific, and I'll try and make it happen. There will also be a small venue of like, $2 which will be for Pizza. We will have Brawl Singles and Melee Singles, and if time, Mario Kart Singles. No doubles this time. Bring set ups as well. Here are the details:
Address: 9271, Bingham Hills Ct, West Jordan, UT 84088
Time: 10am-5pm
Venue: $2
What Played: SSBB, SSBM, MKW

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hey guys, I saw this little bit someone posted elsewhere in the forums, and it looked like the perfect thing to share with you all because some of you (and you know who you are) like to think that, just because you're good at the game, you can be ****s to the lesser players which in turn can make them turn away from the game:

Bad players.

Everyone in this seems to have some misguided hatred towards bad players. In reality, bad players are the best thing for this community. Without bad players, there can be no good players because skill in this game is relative. You can be an awful player and still be the best player in the room, and suddenly you're the "good" player. Instead, you should love bad players as you would a pig before you slaughter it for bacon.

Bad players add a major impact for tournaments; attendance. Bad players comprise the majority of tournaments far and away. More importantly, they add to the prize money.

When you play bad players in tournament, secretly thank them in your head for being bad. Without their relative badness, you could not be on your own pillar of relative goodness. Their lack of ability is what fills your wallet. Do not be mean to them as it serves only to push them away from tournaments, effectively lowering your revenue. When you play them in a set, accept your free win, receive your due amount of bacon, and move on.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea I agree. Not a big fan of flaming in the smash scene, whether it be online or in-person, joking or serious.

I mess around with a couple people that I know can handle it, but other than that I try to be respectful to everyone.

Stuff like this is why we have tournaments with under 10 entrants.

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey Zz, you suck BALLS at brawl and ALL GAMES.
Please turn away and give up all hope of ever being some-what decent.
And you suck so bad, you shouldn't even play for fun!
(Just in example, Zz.. :p )

IMO, the only people that give up, are the ones that don't care for brawl.
(Or any game that they quit playing, just for people **** talking them.)
The ones that stay, are the ones that put up with it all.
So if condescending words can really make you quit playing a game you love, then you must not really love that game. All in all, the ones that turn away from the game due to 'words', are the ones that should stay out. Brawl already has too much butt-hurt players.

EDIT:
LOL @ NEW CHALLENGER, JIRA!!

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
So are u going to quit or something?
X really only flames you recently
Everyone here doesn't take him seriously

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
X only flames me cuz im the only one who actually tries to do anything for our scene that actually is still active on these forums.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You dont do anything on the forums but troll.

Sephiroth
Doesnt currently have a working computer and is only on the forums for his Mafia game.

Hasn't even entered a tournament or done anything for the scene for almost a year.

Is probably the closest person to fall into the category I was talking about that you listed, but still doesnt do much outside of attending, never actually runs anything or sets anything up.

Doesnt have internet and only posts when he's linking to a video or making a pun.

Is a joke.

And final
Same boat as Mars but less active.

Are not "active" on smashboards
There was more to just 'being active on SWF' if you read my post, look:

X only flames me cuz im the only one who actually tries to do anything for our scene that actually is still active on these forums.

Top Bottom