• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Hey USU students. So the USU eSports club actually decided to make Smash a biweekly event. They'll be holding another Smashfest from 6-8 on the 4th floor of old main tomorrow (Wednesday). They only have HDTVs, so bring a CRT if you don't want to deal with a bit of lag.

I'll be there with a PM setup as usual. Might also bring some unofficial custom content to play around with.

ANGRyPaNDA

Smash Rookie
I'm just kidding!!!! I'm not a stupid idiot! i may be 14 but i know when to keep my mouth shut. i plan on learning a lot from you guys. However, i WILL be posting a guide in the not-so-distant future for newbies and just some people who need to clear things up. Me and .Jet. are in the same crew and hope to become great at the game!!!
but dont consider me weak, I WILL surprise you!

madcowsyndrome

Smash Rookie
NNID
madcowsyndrome
Hey USU students. So the USU eSports club actually decided to make Smash a biweekly event. They'll be holding another Smashfest from 6-8 on the 4th floor of old main tomorrow (Wednesday). They only have HDTVs, so bring a CRT if you don't want to deal with a bit of lag.

I'll be there with a PM setup as usual. Might also bring some unofficial custom content to play around with.
Why doesn't my school have this?!

ANGRyPaNDA

Smash Rookie
Perhaps I am. In fact I probably am. The difference between my dime and yours... Is at least mine can play.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
lol dude im gonna tell you right now
this is not how you ease into a scene
you're setting yourself up to get wrecked and having omega sodium levels

but if i really can't play ill gladly have you take my money

Thanks for the avi but no i don't draw
its just a pic from my past

Last edited:

ANGRyPaNDA

Smash Rookie
BTW dude i know. im just KIDDING!!!! guys!!! i know you can all kill me!!!! i plan on losing A LOT!!!! but Death Arcana (CAN I JUST CALL YOU DA????) you seem like a pretty chill dude in all honesty. i know im being a moron. im tired and in highschool. LOL dont worry im way more chill in person.

ANGRyPaNDA

Smash Rookie
Hey haha i came out on a bad start. I dont plan on making a lot of enemys. and i dont want to come off like im "sucking anyones balls". But i do tend to learn fast. so ill be glad to learn from you guys.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
On a not-so-related note, would anyone be interested in some high-level match analysis on one of your recorded games? Especially for Marth, Fox, Falco, Puff, or ICs.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Actually upon closer inspection it matches with @.Jet.

who dat

Edit: Matches is the wrong word, they were probably just on the same PC or summing, for what it's worth I think he's a real person.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Actually upon closer inspection it matches with @.Jet.

who dat

Edit: Matches is the wrong word, they were probably just on the same PC or summing, for what it's worth I think he's a real person.
I just wanna know what area he is from :(((((

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Ok real talk time. Why do you like Smash 4 or why do you not like smash 4?
I love sm4shs DI (VI?) so much more. it's much more intuitive and better for "casual" play. More fun for more people=good in my book.

The stale moves in sm4sh is amazing too. It's there just enough that you notice it, but not enough to really destroy a characters ability to do things. It keeps things fresh like it's supposed to instead of gimping characters with only one or two good moves.

I love the combos in this game. They are much more intuitive and easy to pull off. Melee tech skill not required. Familiarity with the game and it's mechanics are all you need, again, more fun for more people.

The vast roster of simple characters (kirby, puff, mario) to complex (robin, shulk) allows people more than ever to play their own way.

In short, I feel like while melee is easily the most exciting and tournament worthy smash, sm4sh really has the soul of what the game is meant to be. My favorite smash game for sure.

>dislikes

no c-stick and lag, goddamnit.

Top Bottom