• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Heading to the tourney a little later than I want, gah. Should be there before 8 still. Also, make sure to get your wristband before getting something food wise. 10% off your order with wristbands.

Jru

Learning the Ropes
Hey all, my name is Drew aka Jru and I'm trying to get more into the competitive smash scene out here. I probably ran into a number of you at the tourney at Kafenio's earlier. It was nice to see that there's a community out here, also nice job to the people who setup and ran the tournament today.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
the first southern utah smash tourney results are in for PM, Melee, and 64. the event was very short notice hence the small turnout but a bunch of casuals who didn't join the tournaments stayed around and played friendlies. Southern Utah is only gonna get bigger when school gets started again this fall too.

SSBM
1. adlp
2. Holo
3. Ox
4. James
5. Olbus
5. The Riot
7. scarrett
7. SLAPPY
9. Slick

SSBPM
1. Ox
2. Olbus
3. The Riot
4. Yung
5. adlp
5. Holo
7. scarrett
7. James

SSB64
1. Holo
2. Yung
3. Olbus
4. Grum
5. Thor
5. James
7. adlp
7. SLAPPY
9. scarrett

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
GGs you *****
pumpinz will never stop disappointing me
you never did the name match with Pumpk1ns
the call out

Ggs everyone. Shoutouts to countering jigg's rest and dubs. Dubs is the shiz.
got to DI the throws man

Last edited:

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
got to DI the throws man
Yeah man. I have too many things to work on (alot on DI and spacing). Also I need to just be smarter in general. I notice I pick alot of unsafe options when spacing/punishing and I don't watch my opponent enough.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Tuesday Tuesday how was your pool today? did you have some ac this time? ;-)

shout outs to:
@ adlp adlp for developing the scene down south! keep it up! glad to see you guys got a smash 64 tourney in, too ;-). where was @ Xsyven Xsyven ?
@QraQ, J$, and Baron for coming down and taking our money ;-)!
@ Death Arcana Death Arcana and @-Mars- for knocking @ Snap. Snap. and @ net1234 net1234 into pm doubles losers bracket on a game they don't even play ;-).
@ Snap. Snap. for taking some money from idaho with an ike ditto mm against @QraQ.
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto and @bellsworth46 for taking charge and keeping things moving in the tournament!
@ Pumpinz Pumpinz for giving me your drink when i was thirsty and for the most original team name ever ;-).
@ Sexy Yaz Sexy Yaz for staying to finish out his pm losers finals match despite being late to work :-p.
Micah for giving my friend a ride back to provo. hope you made it back ok!
@ Rockmix Rockmix for his captain falcon knee to knee to knee to stomp combo on my my friend's link.

hope y'all had as much fun as me!

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
yeah we surprisingly have a good amount of 64 players here between st. george and cedar. i'd rather play brawl dubs personally but nobody else is into it :(

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
dude, brawl dubs is where it's at! so fun to watch good brawl teamwork along with the edge/air battles.

Snap.

Smash Apprentice
team @ Z'zgashi Z'zgashi got 3rd place in PM
yeyeyeye
we the best

shoutouts to tim @ Tsuteto Tsuteto for getting mad at people touching his laptop and running the tournament, thx
@ N nqztv for spelling zzgoshi right in tiopro
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos for getting f-smashed at least 10 times during our doubles set
@ Sexy Yaz Sexy Yaz for not getting f-smashed during our doubles set
@-Mars- and @ Death Arcana Death Arcana for getting double f-smashed twice
@QraQ for losing an ike ditto to 2 f-smashes
@ Rockmix Rockmix for living the falcon lifestyle
@ T Tane for playing a character that sux ggggggggggg
@j$ (??) for bopping my roy and being a monkey god
@ net1234 net1234 for playing spammus and being a scrub
@whoever I $1 money matched, thx for like the 12 extra bucks

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Shoutouts to @ Snap. Snap. for being a complete dickhole with Ike.

Shoutouts to me for being salty af in singles

**** death arcana

Great tourney yesterday, I really had so much fun. Such a great turnout. Mad props to Idaho for coming out. I forgot the Squirtle main's name, but whoever you are thanks for the training and tips. I'm about to get ****in beast mode with that little ****bag.

I'm really bummed @ Rockmix Rockmix and I didn't get to **** more people in brawl dubs. :'( @ N nqztv when are replays gonna be up? And is there any way I can help with that process? I know it's pretty tedious and time consuming.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
nice @ Tuesday Tuesday ! and speaking of tuesday, it looks like the videos from last tuesday's game den weekly finished uploading to youtube. check them out here. once again, these are 60 fps videos being played at 30 fps, so use the html5 player to increase speed to 2x if you want to watch at original speed. come and get your analysis on and get better so we stand a chance against idaho next time ;-).

@ T Tane i'll try to get the brawl dubs videos up by tomorrow. the rest i'll get later in the week. unfortunately to help, i would have to transfer hundreds of gigs worth of video :-p, so that's not really feasible. but thanks though. although, if someone could tell me who the teams were and what characters they played so i can label the matches properly, that would be koo.

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
So... does anyone know which BenQ monitor is best for Smash? I don't know s*** about them. I just want it to be big and dedicated to Smash lol

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I couldn't make it in 2 day's notice. :c

What really makes it awful is that I generally have Friday/Saturday off, but a girl at work took did much heroin and got fired, so I had to fill in for her. Drug addicts ruin everything!

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
I had a great time yesterday played so much smash bros I want to play some more, mostly brawl want to get back into it again.

Also having a close matches against kevin was pretty fun and exhausting that match and brawl doubles with tane against final and tsu(I think?) where I came back were my highlights from yesterday. Could have done better in all games but was happy with my performance. Oh teaming with steezy in melee doubles was fun looking forward to teaming with you in the future.

Oh shoutouts to people not finishing their food and leaving it on the tables

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Alright, stream is almost ready to go. Keep tabs at www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey for when it goes live (you can favorite it too)/
So... does anyone know which BenQ monitor is best for Smash? I don't know s*** about them. I just want it to be big and dedicated to Smash lol
The ones I use are the R2460, primarily for the HDMI out (once I can figure out a good streaming option with the Wii like that). You'll need a Wii2Hdmi converter too, either Sewell or Neoya.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Might have been my last tourney. I'm gonna try to host something before I leave but nothing is for sure.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto What a guy man! Trying to pay for me to enter Brawl. I'll miss you dude.
@ Snap. Snap. Ike is ********
@Steezy22 @ Tacblack Tacblack @Remioli @ Pumpinz Pumpinz @ Pumpk1nz Pumpk1nz @ OkamiFur OkamiFur @ Rockmix Rockmix Awesome doubles friendlies. My new marth is undefeated except against other marths.

I'll probably post more shouts when I actually leave

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Thanks to everyone that attended :) Was glad to see the stream go smoothly too, we just need to get commentating and then we'll be good to go for that I think! And sorry for the yelling at people, but at the same time not sorry. Seriously, stop touching my **** and putting things on my area without permission -.-

Next big thing to look forward to will be SLComicCon. We're aiming to have all the tournaments during con dates, rather than a pre event followed by finalists on site. And also aiming to have Project M there as well. Nothing is solid yet.

Also, the weekend FOLLOWING that con is a DDR tournament at Fat Cats. But, as a poll question, who'd like to have a Smash competition as well? And what game? This may even be a Friday Saturday thing, so could do all of them. Let me know by the end of this week, PLEASE, so I can let them know whether or not people are interested and in what we can do

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
anyone got a triangle head screwdriver and going to the tourney on tuesday? i need to mess with my controller

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
ya, i always have my tri-wing screwdriver with me, so we can mess with your controller.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto just by numbers, to get the most people out locally, i would say pm singles > melee singles > brawl singles > brawl doubles > pm doubles > melee doubles. time permitting, do everything, otherwise, start cutting from the back.

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
@ socandrewcer socandrewcer You're welcome for that exception haha.
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto Thanks for running the tournament and stomping me in a marth ditto. Was fun stuff. Also I would definitely be interested in a melee tournament that weekend.
@ OkamiFur OkamiFur Oh my god how is she SOOO BADDDD?
@ net1234 net1234 Get good kid. You need to learn to read those Luigi misfires scrub.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Thanks to everyone that attended :) Was glad to see the stream go smoothly too, we just need to get commentating and then we'll be good to go for that I think! And sorry for the yelling at people, but at the same time not sorry. Seriously, stop touching my **** and putting things on my area without permission -.-

Next big thing to look forward to will be SLComicCon. We're aiming to have all the tournaments during con dates, rather than a pre event followed by finalists on site. And also aiming to have Project M there as well. Nothing is solid yet.

Also, the weekend FOLLOWING that con is a DDR tournament at Fat Cats. But, as a poll question, who'd like to have a Smash competition as well? And what game? This may even be a Friday Saturday thing, so could do all of them. Let me know by the end of this week, PLEASE, so I can let them know whether or not people are interested and in what we can do
I can help at the con. I'm gonna be there

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
ya, i always have my tri-wing screwdriver with me, so we can mess with your controller.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto just by numbers, to get the most people out locally, i would say pm singles > melee singles > brawl singles > brawl doubles > pm doubles > melee doubles. time permitting, do everything, otherwise, start cutting from the back.
Tsu this is amazing advice. Plz consider it for future tournaments.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Doubles is generally done before singles in most places. Also splitting up the two events for the same game into two different times is terrible (especially with 2 Brawl events in between each game, which could result in two events from the same game being like 4-5 hours apart). If this ever happens, I'll probably just leave after the 2nd event and not come back.

net1234

Smash Ace
Doubles is generally done before singles in most places. Also splitting up the two events for the same game into two different times is terrible (especially with 2 Brawl events in between each game, which could result in two events from the same game being like 4-5 hours apart). If this ever happens, I'll probably just leave after the 2nd event and not come back.
just because you cut the event doesnt mean it has to be in that order, you can cut melee doubles and still have melee first then pm then pm doubles. order doesn't necessarily change time. unless your deciding to cut on site

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
anybody wanna come to show me your moves? :3
smashboards.com/threads/show-me-your-moves-15-the-longest-running-annual-smash-tournament-is-back-again-aug-30th.362542/

Top Bottom