• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@Smoom77 speaking of texmex, are you familiar with los cucos? i know they have many locations in houston since the owner lives in houston. their one location outside of texas is here in utah!

utah's smash scene is pretty welcoming of all games. there's no hard divide between the melee scene, brawl scene, and pm scene. i'm told that we're one of the few scenes in the nation that still uses smashboards over facebook.

some of our best players live around the provo area like @ Sexy Yaz Sexy Yaz , @Ken Neth, and @Rockmix. they all started out with brawl i think, but have put enough time into melee to beat most people in the local tourneys. we also have X and @Lada who play both, but they really only come out to the really big tournaments. and speaking of big tournaments, @ Tsuteto Tsuteto lives in orem and is the main tourney guy for the scene.

we play together with the salt lake valley crowd a lot:

@Tane is a static brawl doubles partner with @Rockmix,
@ Death Arcana Death Arcana mains brawl but can also beat most of the top melee players and is the t.o. for many salt lake events,
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos who is a melee encyclopedia,
@ Sinz Sinz who is one of our best pm player,
samson who mains brawl ice climbers who will infinite chain grab you,
@ net1234 net1234 who's getting better very rapidly due to him being 15 and having no responsibilities with all the time in the world,
and many others.

utah is also experiencing a power vacuum of sorts since a few of our top players have left the scene (@ Jekyll Jekyll , @ Tuesday Tuesday , and @Tomacawk), so a lot of people are rising the ranks pretty quickly.

the park city folks (@ Snap. Snap. and @SoapSuds) are mainly pm players, but are super good with coming out to fests in provo and salt lake.

i'm sure there are plenty of people i'm leaving out, and there are a lot of new people joining the scene, but you'll get to know everyone if you make it out to fests and stuff.

the people down here in utah valley (@BillNyeTheSamusGuy, @Rockmix, @Skull Kid, @の 。の Felon, and so on) are pretty good about setting up carpools to events in salt lake valley. the salt lake people need to get better at organizing themselves for carpools and such ;-) ;-).

edited: added white space for better readability

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
@Smoom77 speaking of texmex, are you familiar with los cucos? i know they have many locations in houston since the owner lives in houston. their one location outside of texas is here in utah! utah's smash scene is pretty welcoming of all games. there's no hard divide between the melee scene, brawl scene, and pm scene.

i'm told that we're one of the few scenes in the nation that still uses smashboards over facebook. some of our best players live around the provo area like
@ Sexy Yaz Sexy Yaz , @
Ken Neth
, and @Rockmix.
they all started out with brawl i think, but have put enough time into melee to beat most people in the local tourneys.

we also have X and @Lada who play both, but they really only come out to the really big tournaments.
and speaking of big tournaments, @ Tsuteto Tsuteto lives in orem and is the main tourney guy for the scene. we play together with the salt lake valley crowd a lot

(@Tane is a static brawl doubles partner with @Rockmix, @ Death Arcana Death Arcana mains brawl but can also beat most of the top melee players and is the t.o. for many salt lake events, @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos who is a melee encyclopedia,
@ Sinz Sinz who is one of our best pm player,
samson who mains brawl ice climbers who will infinite chain grab you,
@ net1234 net1234 who's getting better very rapidly due to him being 15 and having no responsibilities with all the time in the world, and many others).
utah is also experiencing a power vacuum of sorts since a few of our top players have left the scene (@ Jekyll Jekyll , @ Tuesday Tuesday , and @Tomacawk), so a lot of people are rising the ranks pretty quickly.

the park city folks (@ Snap. Snap. and @SoapSuds) are mainly pm players, but are super good with coming out to fests in provo and salt lake. i'm sure there are plenty of people i'm leaving out, and there are a lot of new people joining the scene, but you'll get to know everyone if you make it out to fests and stuff. the people down here in utah valley (@BillNyeTheSamusGuy, @Rockmix, @Skull Kid, @の 。の Felon, and so on) are pretty good about setting up carpools to events in salt lake valley. the salt lake people need to get better at organizing themselves for carpools and such ;-) ;-).
added breaks

@Smoom77 all you need to know is that I'm lonely as all hell.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Its cuz all yall need to fix yo own damn posts but yall too damn lazy

In the name of @Aerodrome amen

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
yo had a pretty ****ty couple of days. got laid off and such but my best friend who just came back from his mish in germany spent a couple days hanging out w/ me so that's been fun

ps slavery is dumb and is very bad

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you need money let me know.

edit: My budget is pretty tight but if I can help I will.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
aw i'm good on funds man i'm just bummed that i have to start the whole job hunt over again. i really liked my job as a textbook purchaser

Snap.

Smash Apprentice
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto if we are doing a bracket on Tuesday can we change the title when you get a free minute?

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
we should have a yaz vs utah side event on tuesday ;-). all melee, see how many melee noobs it takes to take down yaz.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
@ Jekyll Jekyll I don't know what to buy for steam summer sales.
All the things...

I'm not sure what I'm getting today either. Today is probably going to be some combination of Far Cry 3, The Witcher 2 and Mirror's Edge...Or nothing at all if I can distract myself long enough to forget about the sale.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
WHy does the summer sale have to start before I get my paycheck :(

Looks like i'm missing out on another year :(

Last edited:

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
All the things...

I'm not sure what I'm getting today either. Today is probably going to be some combination of Far Cry 3, The Witcher 2 and Mirror's Edge...Or nothing at all if I can distract myself long enough to forget about the sale.
Already bought all those games last steam sale.... still haven't played em though. :c

net1234

Smash Ace
Leffen, you are an inspiration. You are not afraid to be flamboyant and admit that you live an alternative lifestyle. I think you are one of the best gay smashers and you are a great role model. I know some people probably don't understand, but i do.

@apples25 for best smasher

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Leffen, you are an inspiration. You are not afraid to be flamboyant and admit that you live an alternative lifestyle. I think you are one of the best gay smashers and you are a great role model. I know some people probably don't understand, but i do.
Net taking a peak outside the closet.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i was joking about yaz vs utah, but if he's up for it, then i'm game. it is said that it takes 1.5--2 years to become semi-proficient, so i'd consider a noob as someone who's played smash for less than that :-p.

net1234

Smash Ace
i was joking about yaz vs utah, but if he's up for it, then i'm game. it is said that it takes 1.5--2 years to become semi-proficient, so i'd consider a noob as someone who's played smash for less than that :-p.
that scrubs gettin 4 stocked, callin it out now

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos who is a melee encyclopedia,
I wouldn't go that far. I've never really made an effort to memorize frame data and such for things. Anything I know is just stuff I've picked up over the years.
And all of this talk about Yaz now being untouchable in Utah has gotten me riled up...

PS: So I check my "News Feed" on here for the first time, and I see THIS

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos that news feed is hilarious! and ya, you should totally come out to the provo game den thing and show us what you got. you don't want to get rusty and let yaz have number 1 uncontested. in the not too distant future, @ net1234 net1234 might even overtake you! ;-)

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto ya, there are times where i'm :-( when @ Jekyll Jekyll doesn't like my post, but then there are other times where i'm :-/ because he liked my post :-p.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
dude, what are you talking about. there was totally dash dancing. i'm like totally sure i saw it. but that sword's disjointed hitbox is way too op. game is broken! ;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom