• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Son_Goku

Smash Rookie
i can but im extremely competitive and can't stand losing, and i also am unable to picture who you are, so no thx

make sure you introduce/re-introduce yourself to me this saturday and i'll probably be willing to play a few games
Ah it's no big deal, I'm actually leaving this Saturday and not going to the tournament. Thanks anyway though!

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
So for a side event at my tournament... I was thinking we could do a crew battle if you guys want to make a couple crews real quick

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
thanks for all those who came out to the byu thing and thanks for keeping the venue relatively clean. my friend who works there was glad he didn't have to clean up too much. i wish i could've gotten some smash time with some of you, but i guess there's neumont coming up ;-). sorry to those who had a hard time finding the place and sorry we got kicked out a little early. i guess the building closes earlier with the semester being over :-/. (the room wasn't even supposed to be open apparently but my friend was able to get it for us). hope y'all still had fun and got some good matches in.

also, imo, while north carolina might have some places that do bbq really well, texas has more consistently good bbq (and that's coming from an east coaster). seriously, i feel like when i'm in texas, i can just go to a random joint and i'll find good food :-p. and the cajun food in texas is legit. i might just have to visit @ Tuesday Tuesday when he goes back to texas just so i can get me some pappadeaux ;-).

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I will try to attend but outlook does not look good. May have to take a day off before Saturday lol.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It's just an opportunity to practice for tomorrow. So, if you wanna lose, DON'T SHOW. 8D

And you can text me. 435.525.2961

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to the BYU crew for hosting. You actually managed to get me to enjoy myself in Provo. Before last night, I thought that impossible. See everyone at Neumont.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Alright everyone, need to talk about Salt Fest.

As you know, I have most equipment. I don't have TVs though. I'm looking to get about 15 TVs for this, in which I'd need them at the venue Thursday night. I know it's not much compensation, but I'm willing to give $3 per TV brought. Can throw in a hug by request. Yes, CRT kind, as you should know.

If you are able to bring those, please post so. It will be first come first serve of workable TVs. I'd like to avoid using small TVs if possible. If you want to bring your own set up, you may do so on tournament days, but I won't provide compensation since all I need are TVs, I literally have everything else. You'd have to watch your own stuff then.

TVs could be reclaimed Sunday night. If unable to reclaim it, let me know in advance so I can figure out storage.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

As you know, I have most equipment. I don't have TVs though. I'm looking to get about 15 TVs for this, in which I'd need them at the venue Thursday night. I know it's not much compensation, but I'm willing to give $3 per TV brought. Can throw in a hug by request. Yes, CRT kind, as you should know.

If you are able to bring those, please post so. It will be first come first serve of workable TVs. I'd like to avoid using small TVs if possible. If you want to bring your own set up, you may do so on tournament days, but I won't provide compensation since all I need are TVs, I literally have everything else. You'd have to watch your own stuff then.

TVs could be reclaimed Sunday night. If unable to reclaim it, let me know in advance so I can figure out storage.
I can bring one

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer

I'm gonna try to get my hands on TVs soon.

Sorry, your terms are insufficient. I'm afraid I'm going to need the hug and a set of friendly matches per TV.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Okay. Would you like the hugs all at once? Or scattered throughout the weekend?

And if you're able to get me a fixed number soon that'd be great :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

I can bring 2 CRTs Thursday night (cant remember if I got that day off though so I might have to come at a more specific time). One is nice and big and the other is smallish.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Okay. Would you like the hugs all at once? Or scattered throughout the weekend?

And if you're able to get me a fixed number soon that'd be great :)
I don't have a number yet, but I can say: I will bring at least one CRT and (optionally) one LCD with component video inputs.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Speaking of Salt Fest, I got contacted by a few people from Las Vegas who are looking for housing. They're willing to provide $$ in return. I don't think any of them are smashers though. I can't house them since I won't be living here, but if you're interested let me know asap and I'll get you in touch with them.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Tsuteto, I can bring a CRT, provided I get a ride to the event. And as it seems I'll be moving on 6/1, you can keep it for future events, too.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I have 2 that I can bring.

Also, are there any fests tonight? I can host or drive people to one.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
They are marvel players just looking for some housing

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman

I can bring one but it would be a big pain for me to have to drop if off rather than bring it with me on Saturday.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have 2 that I can bring.

Also, are there any fests tonight? I can host or drive people to one.
I'm hosting one tonight. Starts at 6. (I get home at about 5:30. I don't care if people start showing up about then.)

1673 W Crystal Ridge Drive
West Jordan, UT 84084

text 435.525.2961

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Crap, I meant Friday night drop off, sorry. Forgot that this doesn't start until Saturday :p

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz : As long as you could bring it before the start of events.

With what everyone has stated, that's 8 CRTs. Just a few more and we we're solid :)

net1234

Smash Ace
Crap, I meant Friday night drop off, sorry. Forgot that this doesn't start until Saturday :p

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz : As long as you could bring it before the start of events.

With what everyone has stated, that's 8 CRTs. Just a few more and we we're solid :)
I can bring one but its gonna be tiny. Ill bring it if u cant get enough big ones

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have been binge-viewing recent Melee tournament match videos. #YearOfLuigi #ReturnOfIceClimbers

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i'll bring my crt tv, it's pretty big (27"). it also has component inputs so you can enable progressive scan. do you have any systems with component cables or should i bring mine as well?

Top Bottom