• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
i have a car just trying to see if anyone needed a ride/ cut on cost a little but good luck on your date hope she's hot and puts out lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I would give him a ride if this was talk for the tournament, but my car is full. If you're talking about a smashfest, then Im prob too busy anyway. :/

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i have a car just trying to see if anyone needed a ride/ cut on cost a little but good luck on your date hope she's hot and puts out lol
It doesn't matter if she puts out, because Ken Neth is Mormon. Although, he does gamble on money matches, (claiming it's not gambling since he's sure to win), so who knows where he draws the line... ;p

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
pretty sure it doesn't matter if he's mormon
fornication before marriage is a sin pretty much under any religion

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i wasn't trying to prove you wrong
i was basically calling you out on your poor choice of wording
cause saying he won't do it solely on him being mormon is wrong
ever heard of a jack mormon?
anyway i just felt like being like a pc
you seem to correct a lot people in terms of their posts
your move kaiba lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You're both wrong because you both failed to point out that Money Matches arent gambling. Gambling is all based off luck, while when it comes to Money Matches, skill is involved. While gambling my have better odds when it comes to certain outcomes, Money Matches are based off your own performance and skill, when gambling and bets are based on the performance or results that you have no control over.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i wasn't trying to prove you wrong
i was basically calling you out on your poor choice of wording
cause saying he won't do it solely on him being mormon is wrong
ever heard of a jack mormon?
anyway i just felt like being like a pc
you seem to correct a lot people in terms of their posts
your move kaiba lol
Well, forgive me for not knowing everything about the religion. My main point was to bring up his money matching in order to jest a bit with him. Z'z brought up a much better point, and wasn't super vague about it, either.
You're both wrong because you both failed to point out that Money Matches arent gambling. Gambling is all based off luck, while when it comes to Money Matches, skill is involved. While gambling my have better odds when it comes to certain outcomes, Money Matches are based off your own performance and skill, when gambling and bets are based on the performance or results that you have no control over.
Some of this may be true according to the definition, but there's stuff that's still considered gambling even when you have some control over it, and is still banned in the state of Utah because of it. It's just that Smash has much less randomness in it, so it's not very influenced by it.
Even PnT refuses to pay out money. Part of it is business, since paying out story credit is much better for them, but at the Draper PnT, they considered it gambling. Not saying they are right or wrong, it's just that it's hard to draw the line on when things are considered gambling, as even stuff like Blackjack has some degree of control on it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well the PnT Draper people are just stupid, and the fact that they dont give away prize money is due to some legal rule, not preference.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well the PnT Draper people are just stupid, and the fact that they dont give away prize money is due to some legal rule, not preference.
Well, yeah, it's some legal rule, since it still considered gambling. Just saying that they're not going to fight it since they benefit more if they just follow the rules.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The legal rule actually involves the handling or exchange of money between a company/franchise/business and a customer when purchases arent involved. It's the same reason you cant return items for money, only gift cards or store credit.

You can however loophole your way out of it by giving a Pre-Paid Debit Card, which is basically a credit card with money already on it that can be used anywhere that takes credit, however that requires getting it beforehand and isnt as efficient usually.

/ismajoringinbusiness

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I need to know who can bring setups on Saturday. We have multiple sets of hd cables to eliminate lag on some of glenwoods tv's, I have another setup, and who else can and will bring setups?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The legal rule actually involves the handling or exchange of money between a company/franchise/business and a customer when purchases arent involved. It's the same reason you cant return items for money, only gift cards or store credit.

You can however loophole your way out of it by giving a Pre-Paid Debit Card, which is basically a credit card with money already on it that can be used anywhere that takes credit, however that requires getting it beforehand and isnt as efficient usually.

/ismajoringinbusiness
So how does trading in games work then?

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Dang... pointless argument was avoided for three posts, but it didn't continue......

Anyway, thanks ZZ and Staz, everyone who can should bring a setup! Since we are going to have all three smash games, we will need all the setups we can get. Thanks everyone!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's dependent on the store tbh, really, the rules only prohibit actual cash in the form of dollar bills, coins, etc. Exchange of goods and credit is all up to the business itself.

Top Bottom