• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Via USU eSports club:

Hello Everyone!

We have decided to host our Super Smash Bros 4 tournament the Friday of fall break the 16th. It will begin at 9am with an 8 am registration time. Here are a few more details about it.

We will have both 1v1 and 2v2s for this tournament. The fee for 1v1s is $3, and 2v2s is $6.

If you bring a WiiU and Smash4 we will waive your fee for one of the events that you participate in. (If you are willing to bring your WiiU please email us back.) Last year we had zero problems with anyones equipment being damaged.

If you want to play please bring your own controller.

Anyone is allowed to this event! You do not need to be a USU student to come and play!

Last year we had a great time with this event so I really hope you all will come and have an amazing time this year too!

You'll regret not coming to the tournament, I Ganon-tee it(:

USULEAGUEOFGAMERS@GMAIL.COM
Emailed to make sure, the tournament is indeed at 8 A.M.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
guys bison won the PM weekly tonight, keep an eye on our fb page for some good gloating

SinfulEclipse

Smash Rookie
Anyone in the taylorsville area play smash 4? Id really like someone to practice with today after work. And do we have any venues in that area?

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I know that there was at one point there was an attempt at one in that area, but I think it fell through. As of right now, your closest tournament is the SLC weekly. Where in taylorsville do you live? If you want, someone may be able to take you to the SLC weeklies

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Aye Utah fam, HMJ 2 is 3 days away and word has it there will be food there. So if you guys are down for some high quality Melee and some dank food and don't wanna spend a arm and a leg this weekend come show the Nortah homies some love with your presence.

www.facebook.com/events/432847106918056/

Dnae

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0104-2706-5564
Ive posted this on facebook too

Im trying to start a melee club at SLCC (most likely Jordan campus) and I need some people to start it with. If you are a student of SLCC and are interested in growing the scene and playing some melee, message me.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
I have decided to give up smash and become competitive at Soul Calibur 2.

Who wants to Money Match me?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol Nightmare isnt even a top tier character, he's like solid Mid Tier. He takes 14 years to do anything and just gives free Guard Impacts for days.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy moly all these Logan people, I really need to scout out all these guys and see what I'm dealing with here.

Also, HMJ2 was pretty fun. I bustered as usual, but I got to work on my new scrub Marth and also got to be reminded how bad Falcon is. Hopefully I can get back up to form eventually.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I'm sick of bopping everyone in my dorm at melee, is there anyone good in Logan?
Dorm Smash is hilarious. It's actually kinda fun to be able to bop people in games you don't even play. Anyway, the best Smash player in Logan is probably Sinz, but he's taking a break last I heard. While Smash 4 seems to be the most popular version on campus, there still seems to be a decent number of Melee and PM players here. If you host a Smash fest and let people know, people will likely show up. Residence halls usually have places you can reserve for stuff like that (they usually don't charge you either).

Holy moly all these Logan people, I really need to scout out all these guys and see what I'm dealing with here.
There really should have been a Smash club on campus. The "eSports" club really only cares about League of Legends.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
If someone were to do this I'd love to help organize or whatever, I just want to get some good sets going with people
I'm more or less taking a break from smash until the semester is over, but come spring semester, I'll probably be able to help with that. We'll need someone who's actually going to be here next year to be the one running the show though :p

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Lol Nightmare isnt even a top tier character, he's like solid Mid Tier. He takes 14 years to do anything and just gives free Guard Impacts for days.
I just remember nightmare being ridiculous to play against on the highest difficulty.

But it's all about my main man Mitsurugi

Mighty Blues

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm new to the competitive scene in Utah do I'm wondering where are the Melee weeklies located here? Also when are they and at what times? I don't think I can make it to a whole lot of tournaments because of work but I sure can try.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm new to the competitive scene in Utah do I'm wondering where are the Melee weeklies located here? Also when are they and at what times? I don't think I can make it to a whole lot of tournaments because of work but I sure can try.
Wednesday at 801 labs, Tuesday at game den in provo.

Check the first post on this thread and the Utah smash Facebook

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
S.A.M Tournament series OFFICIAL DETAILS

Location: Bushi Kai studio 735 E Pacific Dr, American Fork, UT 84003 (Old venue)
Date/Time: November (1:00-End)

Venue Fee 10$
  • Venue fee waived if setup (Gamecube/Wii + Melee game disc or hacked Wii + CRT [Contact me about CRT I have a few extra}) is brought.

Schedule:

Venue Opens 1:00PM

>Melee Doubles (3:30-End Of Doubles)

• Entry fee: 10$ per team/5$ per person
  • Pot split 60 30 10
  • 3/5 Whole Bracket (All other Evo rules apply)

>FOOD/FRIENDLIES/SINGLES SIGN UP (End of doubles-6:20)

>Melee Singles (6:30-End)

• Entry fee 10$ per person
  • Pot split 60 30 10
  • 3/5 Whole bracket (All other Evo rules apply)

General conduct rules apply (Given)

Doors will be open :)

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
S.A.M Tournament series OFFICIAL DETAILS

Location: Bushi Kai studio735 E Pacific Dr, American Fork, UT 84003 (Old venue)
Date/Time: October 24 (3:00-End)

Venue Fee 10$
  • Venue fee waived if setup (Gamecube/Wii + Melee game disc or hacked Wii + CRT [Contact me about CRT I have a few extra}) is brought.

Schedule:

>Melee Doubles (3:30-End Of Doubles)

• Entry fee: 10$ per team/5$ per person
  • Pot split between top three teams
  • 3/5 once semifinals are reached. (All other Evo rules apply)

>FOOD/FRIENDLIES/SINGLES SIGN UP (End of doubles-6:00)

>Melee Singles (6:00-End)

• Entry fee 10$ per person
  • ·(Pot split between top four)
  • 3/5 once quarter finals are reached. (All other Evo rules apply)

General conduct rules apply (Given)

Doors will be open.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!
Lmao not you too. -_-

I just remember nightmare being ridiculous to play against on the highest difficulty.

Lol they are computers -_-
I'll MM you $10. I play Cerv btw.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Duuuude, Mitsu is solid. I feel like he's the Marth of the game (or in Sm4sh's case the Mario), great character that you can do well with just by being good with your basic spacing and footsies, but has some crazy **** once you master him.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Duuuude, Mitsu is solid. I feel like he's the Marth of the game (or in Sm4sh's case the Mario), great character that you can do well with just by being good with your basic spacing and footsies, but has some crazy **** once you master him.
Exact reason why I like him, not a whole lot a damage but he can be quick and has some fun mix ups with his stances.

It looks like I have to bring a soul calibur setup to the weeklies and just have it by the couches. Is that chill Tsuteto Tsuteto ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom