• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Someone so good, that they ranked twice, I guess... But seriously...is this some sort of joke? I heard Ka-Master was in town. Is the one that's in 1st him or something?

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Mfw Rivals of Aether is literally 10x better than smash 4. Wavedashing, dance dashing, no grabs, shields, or ledges, and dope combos. It's fun as hell.

btw for those wondering who Falconmaster2000 or whatever he entered as is, its this dude http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Luigi_Ka-master
he's pretty legit

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Mfw Rivals of Aether is literally 10x better than smash 4. Wavedashing, dance dashing, no grabs, shields, or ledges, and dope combos. It's fun as hell.
real talk we're hosting it 1v1 this saturday at our big regional So U Smash 2. get a ride

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Okay(p) Brothers. Sorry for the time that was put in between SAM 1 and now. I am pleased to announce that SAM 2 is up and running, and will be held October 3 which is a Saturday. We plan on making it a biweekly for the future, but the schedule is not set in stone. As of current we are going to be doing Melee Doubles and Singles. Starting at around 3:00 and going from there.
Again I apologize for the time for this to be planned. Also, I personally apologize for my lack of tourney attendance, its not in my control.Thank you all and i hope to see you there!!
(PC mm, cant wait to get my butt handed to me.)

Attachments

Last edited:

kaln0ky

Smash Rookie
Okay(p) Brothers. Sorry for the time that was put in between SAM 1 and now. I am pleased to announce that SAM 2 is up and running, and will be held October 3 which is a Saturday. We plan on making it a biweekly for the future, but the schedule is not set in stone. As of current we are going to be doing Melee Doubles and Singles. Starting at around 3:00 and going from there.
Again I apologize for the time fro this to be planned. Also, i personally apologize for my lack of tourney attendance, its not in my control.Thank you all and i hope to see you there!!
(PC mm, cant wait to get my butt handed to me.)
View attachment 74900

the fact that this image isn't cropped is making me uncomfortable. try using a snipping tool next time

Smash Journeyman
Or just post the details in text form, instead of a screenshot of a word document.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Thanks to all those who came out last night for the Salt Lake Weekly. We had a whopping 42 people for Melee, and 39 for Wii U! Until next week! Results listed below:

Melee Bracket - http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/20150923SLLWSSBM
1st - Ka-Master
2nd - Perfect Chaos
3rd - Lada
4th - Logos
5th - Tsuteto
5th - Final
7th - A Psychiatrist
7th - BillNyeTheSamusGuy
9th - Death Arcana
9th - 2Johns
9th - Blue Jay
9th - Tacblack
13th - SGT5
13th - Remioli
13th - A4Foot1Giant
13th - Felon
17th - Staz
17th - Hatch Backward
17th - GKirbz
17th - Kalnoky
17th - Cait
17th - GameFishBoy
17th - Stoney
17th - AlexanderTheGreat
25th - Kyle
25th - Lifeline
25th - Dopins
25th - Hondoh
25th - Zhanshi
25th - Samwize
25th - zman
25th - Chris
33rd - Poonami
33rd - Sproll
33rd - Scrub
33rd - Drake
33rd - Kdog
33rd - TagPending
33rd - CIAO
33rd - DemonsRush
33rd - Loveshack333
33rd - Sona

Wii U Bracket - http://gamersabbey.challonge.com/20150923SLLWSSBM
1st - BestNess
2nd - Lada
3rd - Calculus
4th - Staz
5th - Shamsy
5th - Berd
7th - Nightmare
7th - Frozn
9th - Haz
9th - Ice
9th - Will
9th - Disrespect
13th - Tsunau
13th - GoldenRatioBoy
13th - bellsworth46
13th - Bomberman
17th - Gkirbz
17th - DemonsRush
17th - Cait
17th - Tsuteto
17th - Geometric
17th - Pwny
17th - (GH) Acid
17th - Sloth
25th - YoyoGuy
25th - Giggles
25th - Zhanshi
25th - Unknown
25th - PrezCrocomire
25th - Shreiking Fetus
25th - Bbkid
25th - PK
33rd - Tueller
33rd - Haunter
33rd - BXBXBX01
33rd - TW Smasher
33rd - Zax
33rd - Hondoh
33rd - Spinkzor

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, it doesn't take that long to add it manually. Just have to copy the text for the first row from the previous tab, then drag to fill in the same formula for the rest. The changing row colors takes longer to do than that.
I was just wondering if it'll be more convenient if it can somehow be incorporated into whatever that you already do when you update it. I noticed that you automatically added it for the one after I initially added it, but then not since then.

Myst0

Smash Cadet
SoapSuds SoapSuds Yeah I have been a little out of the smash scene as far as tournaments go I still play locally with some friends but I plan to get back into it in a couple of weeks. When I do attend tournaments its either provo game den melee weeklies or some big tournaments. What about you what stuff do you attend? Might go to sam2 but idk about my schedule yet. But yeah I'm totally down to chill and talk falcon stuff.

Smash Journeyman
A big thank you for everyone who came out to So U Smash 2 and making for a better tournament. Here are the results:
PM Singles: http://southernutahsmash.challonge.com/sousmash2pm
RoA Singles: http://southernutahsmash.challonge.com/sous3roa
Smash 4 Doubles: http://southernutahsmash.challonge.com/sous2s4d
Smash 4 Singles: http://southernutahsmash.challonge.com/sous2s4
Melee Doubles: http://southernutahsmash.challonge.com/sous2smd
Melee Singles: http://challonge.com/SoUSmash2Melee

Shoutouts to:
bellsworth46 bellsworth46 and Tsuteto Tsuteto for helping run things.
@Roguay for not understanding basic geometry.
@Rockmix for not showing up.
And BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy for knocking me out of bracket (I'll try to seek out some Samus practice so I can get you next time tho :p ).

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
HEY GUYS!

SAM is now an official biweekly starting the 3rd of October.

S.A.M Tournament series OFFICIAL DETAILS

Location: Bushi Kai studio735 E Pacific Dr, American Fork, UT 84003 (Old venue)

Date/Time: October 3 (3:00-End)

Schedule:

Melee Doubles (3:30-End Of Doubles)

· Venue: 5$​

· Entry fee: 10$ per team/5$ per person​

· (Pot split between top three teams)​

Melee Singles (End Of Doubles-End)

· Entry fee 10$ per person​

· (Pot split between top four)​

Melee Doubles is 3/5 once semifinals are reached.

Melee Singles is 3/5 once quarter finals are reached.

All other Evo rules apply

General conduct rules apply as well

Venue fee waived if setup (Gamecube/Wii + Melee game disc or hacked Wii. CRTs NOT needed.) is brought.

Doors will be open.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
HEY GUYS!

SAM is now an official biweekly starting the 3rd of October.

S.A.M Tournament series OFFICIAL DETAILS

Location: Bushi Kai studio735 E Pacific Dr, American Fork, UT 84003 (Old venue)

Date/Time: October 3 (3:00-End)

Schedule:

Melee Doubles (3:30-End Of Doubles)

· Entry fee: 10$ per team/5$ per person​

· (Pot split between top three teams)​

Melee Singles (End Of Doubles-End)

· Entry fee 10$ per person​

· (Pot split between top four)​

Melee Doubles is 3/5 once semifinals are reached.

Melee Singles is 3/5 once quarter finals are reached.

All other Evo rules apply

General conduct rules apply as well

Venue fee waived if setup (Gamecube/Wii + Melee game disc or hacked Wii. CRTs NOT needed.) is brought.

Doors will be open.

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!
Good luck outbeating the biweekly that's happening at Provo Game Den starting the exact same week.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Good luck outbeating the biweekly that's happening at Provo Game Den starting the exact same week.
...Whats the point of that statement at all???
"Oh I'm scared?" No? Come to the one you want to guys. Running tournaments isn't a competition. I don't make money on these, and anyone doing these the right way (For the game) shouldn't be either. So go to either one you want, no hard feelings, but everyone who comes to SAM WILL have a good time.

Pyr

Smash Lord
...Whats the point of that statement at all???
"Oh I'm scared?" No? Come to the one you want to guys. Running tournaments isn't a competition. I don't make money on these, and anyone doing these the right way (For the game) shouldn't be either. So go to either one you want, no hard feelings, but everyone who comes to SAM WILL have a good time.
Statement was most likely intended to show you that a guaranteed to be popular weekly was starting on the same schedule as yours, meaning that it'd be better to begin it on another week in the month to maximize attendance for your event.

I know what you mean with "running tournaments isn't a competition," but I still think it's funny that running a competition isn't competitive. Competition is the foundation. XD

And finally, there is nothing inherently wrong with making a bit of a profit from a tournament/weekly/etc. That's a different subject though.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Statement was most likely intended to show you that a guaranteed to be popular weekly was starting on the same schedule as yours, meaning that it'd be better to begin it on another week in the month to maximize attendance for your event.

I know what you mean with "running tournaments isn't a competition," but I still think it's funny that running a competition isn't competitive. Competition is the foundation. XD

And finally, there is nothing inherently wrong with making a bit of a profit from a tournament/weekly/etc. That's a different subject though.
Thank you for clarifying that in a non sarcastic manner

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
I don't make money on these, and anyone doing these the right way (For the game) shouldn't be either.
Are you kidding me dude? That's just factually incorrect. Like the opportunity cost for running a smash event is pretty darn high when you have to worry about feeding yourself (which, not to be too exclusive, is a club you don't belong to). We pay Tsuteto to TO because we want to--- not because he's greedy, but because its better to have someone run the scene full time.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I dont belong to that club no.
Youve met me, and i hope i havent come off as a douche, again. I dont make money off these. Not from running them anyway. Please, That was never intended to say t is greedy at all. I put all the money from sam back into it. By my choice. I dont have to worry about keeping myself alive currently, im 15, please try to understand im not a bad guy.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Okay lemme get this straight P (hEHEHEHE)

what the hell u tryin to do dude why yyou tryin to splinter your scene in the valley it really makes no sense

word of advice: its ok to not be in charge if things are already running relatively well

dont be OkayB (the B stands for Badguy)

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, announcement time! I really want to help grow the scene and have some great news.

Announcing:

Finest
Ultimate
Colaberative
Killer
Intermountain
Tournament

I'm starting a bi-lunarly tournament series this November.

Every full moon and half moon, there will be a tournament at my aunt's house. Please rsvp so I can tell my aunt how many pizza rolls to prepare.

Her house is in Ephraim, Utah. We really need to grow the scene out there.

5 dollar entry, 30 dollar venue.

Events will be brawl plus doubles, PM 1.37 singles, N64 classic speedrun, NFL blitz (Rams are banned), and Melee low tiers. We have had nothing available for people who want to play in these events and we need to change that.

Hope this doesn't get in the way of anything.

See you guys there!

Last edited:

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, announcement time! I really want to help grow the scene and
Events will be brawl plus doubles, PM 1.37 singles, N64 classic speedrun, NFL blitz (Rams are banned), and Melee low tiers. We have had nothing available for people who want to play in these events and we need to change that.
For NFL blitz 2000 is big head mode the only cheat allowed?

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Okay
1. I'm not changing my name

2. You should all take a step back, and breathe. I'm not asking anything of you. Have i been aggressive in any way. I'm not trying to be in charge of crap. I'm trying to make myself capable of being at these tournaments. Y'all might not remember what it feels like to have your parents over every decision you make. This is the only way i have to be part of the scene at all. Please don't discredit me. I'll prove you wrong.
I'm not aloud to go to anything, I'm only allowed to host these.
I'm doing my best, but y'all aren't allowing a different possibility to open up in Utah.

3. I restate everything about SAM2. Please give us an open mind, we will make it a good time. just, please dont close yourmind to something your not used to.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Have i been aggressive in any way.
You actually tend to sound pretty aggressive. Or maybe defensive is the better descriptor? People tease you but they don't mean you any harm and then you over react when someone says something glib or criticizing.

And criticism hurts, but that doesn't make it untrue. At best you're going to split attendance with your event. At worst its just going to be you and your friends since most people are more familiar with the game den event. Are you on the fb group?

The heyday of the Utah Smash scene was during Brawl; which would have put many of our smashers in high school. So its not like they don't understand. But they did manage to go events too. And I get family dynamics can limit the things you do, but that doesn't change the fact that not going to events is going to make it difficult/impossible to be part of the scene.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Okay
Y'all might not remember what it feels like to have your parents over every decision you make. This is the only way i have to be part of the scene at all.
As Bill said, many of us do still remember living with the parents (a number of the people who come out still do). IIRC, you mentioned that your parents don't feel comfortable letting you hang with collage-aged people. If that is true, then I would suggest you trying to get your parents to go to one of the Tuesday game den tournaments. I do believe that a number of people who go to that tournament are around high school age. Also, both Tsuteto and Nqztv are usually there and are two of the best people to have your parents talk with. If they aren't willing to go, see if they would be willing to call or email myself or Tsuteto about their concerns. We both have had plenty of experience talking with other concerned parents about allowing their kids to join in.

We are willing to help you make your event a success; however, it will require some work and consideration from you as well. While, yes, Tsuteto came off as very aggressive there, but I think that it is part of him feeling that it is too much of a hassle to try to talk with you. Many of your responses make it seem like you are offended with what others have told you. Most do not mean to offend and just wish to give you advice. Some are trolling you, yes, but that is due to how you react.

I do not know if I will go to SAM2 as melee is currently not my game, but I am willing to go and have a longer, civilized conversation with you about these issues if you want. I hope the best for your tournament, though I do agree that it may be better to work with the people doing the game den biweekly to offset the tournaments (maybe even flip weeks month to month or something so that the monthlies don't always shut one of you down) rather than just saying "screw it, I'm doing it anyways"

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey everyone, announcement time! I really want to help grow the scene and have some great news.

Announcing:

Finest
Ultimate
Colaberative
Killer
Intermountain
Tournament

I'm starting a bi-lunarly tournament series this November.

Every full moon and half moon, there will be a tournament at my aunt's house. Please rsvp so I can tell my aunt how many pizza rolls to prepare.

Her house is in Ephraim, Utah. We really need to grow the scene out there.

5 dollar entry, 30 dollar venue.

Hope this doesn't get in the way of anything.

See you guys there!
Sick! I'll bring the fruit snacks!

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
As Bill said, many of us do still remember living with the parents (a number of the people who come out still do). IIRC, you mentioned that your parents don't feel comfortable letting you hang with collage-aged people. If that is true, then I would suggest you trying to get your parents to go to one of the Tuesday game den tournaments. I do believe that a number of people who go to that tournament are around high school age. Also, both Tsuteto and Nqztv are usually there and are two of the best people to have your parents talk with. If they aren't willing to go, see if they would be willing to call or email myself or Tsuteto about their concerns. We both have had plenty of experience talking with other concerned parents about allowing their kids to join in.

We are willing to help you make your event a success; however, it will require some work and consideration from you as well. While, yes, Tsuteto came off as very aggressive there, but I think that it is part of him feeling that it is too much of a hassle to try to talk with you. Many of your responses make it seem like you are offended with what others have told you. Most do not mean to offend and just wish to give you advice. Some are trolling you, yes, but that is due to how you react.

I do not know if I will go to SAM2 as melee is currently not my game, but I am willing to go and have a longer, civilized conversation with you about these issues if you want. I hope the best for your tournament, though I do agree that it may be better to work with the people doing the game den biweekly to offset the tournaments (maybe even flip weeks month to month or something so that the monthlies don't always shut one of you down) rather than just saying "screw it, I'm doing it anyways"
Thats what i wish to do. Perhaps, if i plan on that, is there a possibility that language could be, um, clean?
Just for that period of time. And if that were a possibility my chances of being able to participate at many tournaments would increase greatly. I really just want to play the game at tourneys. Thats my wish. And it would only take once.

And dude, your a bro ✌

Last edited by a moderator:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm not aloud to go to anything, I'm only allowed to host these.
LOL Just couldn't help but notice that you misspelled and correctly spelled the same word in the same sentence.
(And don't take offense to this, as it's only an amusing observation.)

Also, both Tsuteto and Nqztv are usually there and are two of the best people to have your parents talk with.
Unless Tim has one of his "moments"... XD If the parents come, he really needs to keep it in line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom