• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Sheik got 2 changes, one being a super minor one related to transform and the other just to match Melee more. LOL I'm fine with that.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
puff got buffed by some recoveries getting nerfed

also in 3.5 i can easily moonwalk full length now but i don't know if there was any physic change or if it's placebo

i hope it's placebo cuz that means im gettin consistent ayyyyyyYYYY

triple stackin real quick

just got back from a vegas tournament and i think their top players are better than utah's top players honestly

Last edited by a moderator:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
just got back from a vegas tournament and i think their top players are better than utah's top players honestly
Out of all of the Vegas players that went to Salt Fest, JPEG Image was the only one that was really significantly better than Utah. I'm not sure if there's anyone else there that's close to his level, but the rest that came to Salt Fest are more near Utah's tops. I'd admit that they have more players at our top level, though, and that some of them are a bit better on average. Doesn't help that @Tomacawk, @ Tuesday Tuesday , and @ Jekyll Jekyll left Utah (did Jekyll really leave; since he's probably going to Neumont, he seems to be more active than some people here [looking at you, Final]) and @Sexy Yaz pretty much left the scene.

Also, @Aerodrome, go arrest this guy for triple posting!

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well guys I lost to Jack again. Took qraq to game 5 and made a bad choice in switching to lucas. Was a super fun tournament.

I put in some work and had a blast

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
RESULTS FOR GSR

TOP 8 MELEE SINGLES 48 Entrants
1. Space
2. Jackpot
3. SFS Awe
4. QT
5. J$
5. GA Sinz
7. RabidJackal
7. Scary

TOP 8 MELEE TEAMS (13 teams)

1. Spacey Jackals (Space + RabidJackal)
2. Awe Jackpot (SFS Awe + Jackpot
3. Baraq (@QraQ and Baron the Red)
4. Luigi's Mansion (I don't remember.)
5. Charles Barkley (GA Sinz + @Chukwaffles )
5. Thunder$ (J$ + Thunder)
7. Nampa Smash (Don't remember)
7. The Worst Team (Don't remember)

PM SINGLES (51 Entrants)

1. J$
2. RabidJackal
3. QraQ
4. GA Sinz
5. Dragoomba
5. Jackpot
7. Kevin6669
7. Scary

PM DOUBLES (18 Teams)

1. Qraq$ (@QraQ + J$)
2. Spacey Jackals (Space + RabidJackal)
3, Awe Jackpot
4. Nasty Hawk
5. 69Crew
5. Lemony Baron (Lemon + BaronTheRed)
7. Charles Barkley (GA Sinz + @Chukwaffles )
7. Luigi's Mansion

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
RESULTS FOR GSR

TOP 8 MELEE SINGLES 48 Entrants
1. Space
2. Jackpot
3. SFS Awe
4. QT
5. J$
5. GA Sinz
7. RabidJackal
7. Scary

TOP 8 MELEE TEAMS (13 teams)

1. Spacey Jackals (Space + RabidJackal)
2. Awe Jackpot (SFS Awe + Jackpot
3. Baraq (@QraQ and Baron the Red)
4. Luigi's Mansion (I don't remember.)
5. Charles Barkley (GA Sinz + @Chukwaffles )
5. Thunder$ (J$ + Thunder)
7. Nampa Smash (Don't remember)
7. The Worst Team (Don't remember)

PM SINGLES (51 Entrants)

1. J$
2. RabidJackal
3. QraQ
4. GA Sinz
5. Dragoomba
5. Jackpot
7. Kevin6669
7. Scary

PM DOUBLES (18 Teams)

1. Qraq$ (@QraQ + J$)
2. Spacey Jackals (Space + RabidJackal)
3, Awe Jackpot
4. Nasty Hawk
5. 69Crew
5. Lemony Baron (Lemon + BaronTheRed)
7. Charles Barkley (GA Sinz + @Chukwaffles )
7. Luigi's Mansion
Good **** everett

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Out of all of the Vegas players that went to Salt Fest, JPEG Image was the only one that was really significantly better than Utah. I'm not sure if there's anyone else there that's close to his level, but the rest that came to Salt Fest are more near Utah's tops. I'd admit that they have more players at our top level, though, and that some of them are a bit better on average. Doesn't help that @Tomacawk, @ Tuesday Tuesday , and @ Jekyll Jekyll left Utah (did Jekyll really leave; since he's probably going to Neumont, he seems to be more active than some people here [looking at you, Final]) and @Sexy Yaz pretty much left the scene.

To be fair, I think JPeG is the only top Melee player here to have gone to Salt Fest; the others I brought with me were Geoff and Jelly, who were unranked, and Prinny, who was ranked 6th at the time. ADLP in particular had the honor of playing against SK92. :v

By the way, we're looking into hosting a big tournament for either December or January... which weekend would probably work out best for you guys to make it?

Last edited:

Lumosat

Smash Cadet
New Zelda is balls. Why'd they even feel the need to change her Dins Fire so much? She's not nearly as fun to play now.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
To be fair, I think JPeG is the only top Melee player here to have gone to Salt Fest; the others I brought with me were Geoff and Jelly, who were unranked, and Prinny, who was ranked 6th at the time. ADLP in particular had the honor of playing against SK92. :v

By the way, we're looking into hosting a big tournament for either December or January... which weekend would probably work out best for you guys to make it?
January.
New Zelda is balls. Why'd they even feel the need to change her Dins Fire so much? She's not nearly as fun to play now.
She's actually pretty fun.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

Well, I did make it evident in my post that I'm making my judgment based on those that went to Salt Fest. I would guess that Vegas had at least some other people on JPeG's level, or else it'll be really boring more him. LOL

I never really liked to spam Din's Fire with her, so I welcome this change. I still need to actually put this on my SD Card and try it out, though. I've lost the P:M passion that I used to have back when the previous version came out.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Ok, time for the anti-hype.
I have to leave on Friday, so I can't make it to Neumont...Sorry guize :(
Nooooo!

But seriously, it was good to at least see you at A Smasher's Tale.

As for the Neumont Tournament, remember that it is starting at 11 am rather than 12 pm to account for the addition of Melee Doubles. Full schedule can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1502655753320693

Snap.

Smash Apprentice
yoooo, i'm coming back from korea for 1 month in december, i'm gonna be takin all of utah's money with my garbage PM ike
yeeeeeee

Tuesday

Smash Ace
SK92 and Saiko are amazazing guys don't sleep on them lol. Swordsaint is also pretty beastly.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I bet if I went Id play SK92 in pools again

Just like I do every god damned time Ive gone to Vegas lol

nqztv

Smash Journeyman

ummm... i think vegas is clearly better at melee than utah. perhaps not significantly better than you, but utah in general? yes. definitely. by any metric (average skill, median skill, max skill, etc.), they're much better than us. not just a bit. much. several people from vegas made it out of pools at evo. even ciz didn't make it out of pools at evo. and ciz is significantly better than utah.

@ Snap. Snap. you're in korea?! i was wondering where you've been. what are you doing there? also, sounds like @QraQ is going to pick up ike for 3.5, so watch out ;-).

@ Jekyll Jekyll giving us hope, only to crush them at the end. it's like an out of game meta.

@QraQ thanks for housing the utah crew. i had a blast. thank aiden for helping us with obs,

shoutouts to all those who braved the drive up to idaho for the tournament. it was fun hanging out and getting to know you guys better.

just a reminder that today is the 3rd tuesday of the month, so we'll be doing melee at the provo game den weekly. and since i now know how to use obs, we are going to try and stream the weeklies from now on! so come out and bring setups. the more we have, the faster the swiss-style tourney goes. and if we have enough setups, we can put up some pm 3.5 friendlies and such.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
ummm... i think vegas is clearly better at melee than utah. perhaps not significantly better than you, but utah in general? yes. definitely. by any metric (average skill, median skill, max skill, etc.), they're much better than us. not just a bit. much. several people from vegas made it out of pools at evo. even ciz didn't make it out of pools at evo. and ciz is significantly better than utah.
Why did you bring this up when I said that I was basing that comment only on people that came to Salt Fest, and have already mentioned that I acknowledge that there's probably others there on the level of JPeG who are clearly better than Utah? Also, adlp went to compare their tops to our tops (in which I singled out Salt Fest goers, although I shouldn't have, but I had no other insight on their level besides that) so pointing out that "utah in general" isn't as good isn't really necessary. Anyway, I'm already acknowledging the fact that they are better than us (Utah's level of Smash is overall a joke in the grand scheme of things); I only made that comment as supplementary information to the topic.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos sorry, not trying to call you out. i just wanted to let newer people know that you are an outlier in the utah scene and that they should hold no illusions that they could compete at the same level as vegas in melee. :-p

Top Bottom