• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Biweeklies (Next: March 10th)

laozy

Smash Journeyman
so whats the final word on the location? i cant stay very long because i have to go to draper for the final tournament. so please start as soon as possible.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Okay, here's where we're at...

suppiles
Person...................... tv ........... cubes/wii
Me/ House : ................1..................1 cube
Ragingi:....................1...................1 cube
CDbobo:....................0..................2 cubes
Gideon:....................1...................1 cube
Takalth:................... 0...................1 cube
Total:.......................3.....................6

We could use some more tv's. anybody?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, Rafa-Son, Chao, and Soto are not coming for sure (I'm pretty sure of it this time). Rafa won't be able to squeeze in Smash before work (as it start's at 2:30 PM this time). So once again...no doubles partner for me. :ohwell:

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Naw, Jeyt said that he could house at least 6 tvs. The problem is that there aren't enough tv's to cubes, and since im carpooling up with lengeta, we would have to stick the tv on a seat. So, since I don't know how many ppl are coming.... I don't know if lengeta will have room in his van :).

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Late post here. We're just waiting for people to now show.
If you have any questions on directions call 801-263-8195. and ask for Nathan.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'll be there in about 30 minutes with my tv+cube....hopefully

Edit: Ok I'll try to be there by 1:00

lengeta

Smash Ace
Oops, I went on in the other thread, oh well, I'll just go again.

Singles:
1-PC
2-Chao
3-Phil
4-FtS
5-Gojira
5-Junpei
...(Jeyt has full results and numbers)...

Fun tourny. Good RR teams, bad singles seeding, but still fun. It seems like we're having a lot more close matches with eachother, which I think says we're all improving. Can't wait for the big tourny to have all my dreams shot down again by OOSers. But nah, I think Utah will do better as a whole this time around.

Do we know where we're doing the next (Feb 10th) bi-weekly? My place is a little bit small, but if I move everything around right I think I'd have plenty of room. I could see us having about 6 TVs in here and having things not too cramped. My main problem is chairs, I have a few, but not enough, I'll have to find some more. I do have 3 TVs and 3 cubes in stock here though, so even if nobody brought anything we'd still be somewhat alright. Again, I think we can get 6 TVs together comfortably if anyone's interested in doing it here.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Oops, I went on in the other thread, oh well, I'll just go again.

Singles:
1-PC
2-Chao
3-Phil
4-FtS
5-Gojira
5-Junpei
...(Jeyt has full results and numbers)...

Fun tourny. Good RR teams, bad singles seeding, but still fun. It seems like we're having a lot more close matches with eachother, which I think says we're all improving. Can't wait for the big tourny to have all my dreams shot down again by OOSers. But nah, I think Utah will do better as a whole this time around.

Do we know where we're doing the next (Feb 10th) bi-weekly? My place is a little bit small, but if I move everything around right I think I'd have plenty of room. I could see us having about 6 TVs in here and having things not too cramped. My main problem is chairs, I have a few, but not enough, I'll have to find some more. I do have 3 TVs and 3 cubes in stock here though, so even if nobody brought anything we'd still be somewhat alright. Again, I think we can get 6 TVs together comfortably if anyone's interested in doing it here.

Singles was seeded the ebst it coudl be layne. Nomatter what happened second round was hard for everyone it was a good skill turnout, nothing we could have done.

abotu location, I think the next one should be at FTS then the following one could be at laynes and the last two at nates....that sounds good to me.

Finally, next biweekly you better bring ones or your not entering......its not hard at all to simply go to the gas station to get change.......

Takalth

Smash Ace
abotu location, I think the next one should be at FTS then the following one could be at laynes and the last two at nates....that sounds good to me.
There are two people named Nate that might have a tournament at their house.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Rule about only being allowed to pay entry with $1s was added to the first post. This will be enforced. If your smallest bill is a $10 get some change before arriving or you don't get to enter.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I think Nate's place is the best location we have for everyone from all the places we've played, so I'm totally for doing more there as well. Just when everyone gets sick of hosting at their place, I'm open now too.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
To everyone here, I'm Jeyt, not Nate. It just makes everything easier. Me = Jeyt. FTS= Nate, or such.

As to the location, My dad will think about it. DO NOT ASSUME WE WILL USE THERE AGAIN, we'll see. Not angry, just don't want people getting the wrong idea.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Rule about only being allowed to pay entry with $1s was added to the first post. This will be enforced. If your smallest bill is a $10 get some change before arriving or you don't get to enter.
Either way, I think the hosts should try to get about $20 in $1's (or at least have somebody else agree to do it for them. I can if you need me to) to cover new recruits or people who rarely/never post on smashboards and weren't at the last tournament. For most of us, there will be no excuse, but between the smash league, play & Trade tournament, and the occasional new person we get anyway, we might have 5 or 6 people show up at the same tournament that have never been there before, and I certainly don't want to turn them away unless they try paying with $100's.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Even if everyone else's ones cover the change for newcomers, that's still not a solution. It is NECESSARY for the final pot to contain a bunch of ones, since the prize will be low, so there'll be a lot of uneven splits. The best solution is probably the one where the host (or someone else that's willing) gets like 20 ones in pocket before the tournament day.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Having hosted tournaments myself, when your putting everything together the money is one of the last things on your mind. I agree the host should be getting some back cash, but I still think everyone should be bringing plenty of 'ones,' especally with everyone here in the know. It's easy to forget being an attendee as well, though.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
What I meant was that the extra dollars will be for any NEWCOMERS that don't know any better. If you use part of the pot's ones for their change, then there MIGHT be a problem later on when the pot gets divided (though it's a minor problem). But whatever...it seems like Jeyt is willing to bring extra ones already, so problem solved.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah rage, Jeyt doesn't like to talk much about his job. Considering we're in Utah, it is generally frowned upon... so don't blame him too much. Still, you can't beat the money, so..

lengeta

Smash Ace
<-- Failure: didn't pick up on internet sarcasm. (EDIT)

Turns out preference around here falls on the 10th, so I'm going to be covering shifts of some of my co-workers. I'm probably not going to be able to make this next bi-weekly. T_T

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Uhh, first off, why is Jeyt's at 12:54 and Lengeta's at 11:55, but the one that was earlier is 2nd in the postings...
I guess you haven't thought this out. Remember, 12:00 AM comes before 1:00 AM, and once 11:59 AM becomes noon, it's "PM."

Anyway...is there a set location for February 10th biweekly? I have ACT testing that day, but the testing is scheduled to end around noon, so I can probably make it (although this time, I'll probably come last minute).

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
I guess you haven't thought this out. Remember, 12:00 AM comes before 1:00 AM, and once 11:59 AM becomes noon, it's "PM."
Hold on. where is this post containing times located? I can't seem to find it. Was it edited out? I check the boards only about once per day.

Basically he's a male stripper, Rage.
Ya, Anyone want a lap dance?

Top Bottom