• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Biweeklies (Next: March 10th)

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
WHAT?!? Who wouldn't want to spend their entire day playing smash?? I do it all the time with my brothers haha. But no I see you're just wondering about the tournament format and just not dragging things out :). Still, I'm all up for lots n lots n lots of smash!

Gojira

Smash Lord
y RR, its takes longer. i dont want to spend my whole day playing smash.
You only have to play 15 people O_o Its not all so bad. Its a normal length tourney......and there is going to be new faces. The tourney shoudl be over By seven if everyone gets the ON TIME lets make that our goal everyone. BE THERE AT 11:00am YEHS!

BTW Snakes on a Plane is awsome.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Gojira wants everyone to play everyone for the power rankings, but I'm not going to make everyone do a 7 hour singles tournament. It's just not feasible.

Gojira

Smash Lord
It seems we are getting plenty Tv's

This tourney with doubles AND singles should hit 5 Hours and thats saying if we hit 20 people. Woith 18 people we are looking at a 3:49 tourney with out the 1 hour doubles. So all in all this will be jsut as long as a normal tounrey :p

laozy

Smash Journeyman
is it RR for doubles?
also, anyone up for a smashfest friday at FTS's house :)
if not his house, then maybe at phil's around noon-whenever.
i cant wait to show off my new found skills. POWER LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie
everyone i play smash with quit...AND I MEAN EVERYONE. even khom doesn't practice with me anymore. i'm the only one motivated enough to keep playing. i fear my days of smashing is also coming to an end.
if 15 people enter, we should do brackets.
And don't forget about me, I know I kind of suck and all, but I am just down the street and I'm always up for some smash. Oh, and by the by, Rodolfo called me. I think he and his brothers are coming to the tourney. So, FtS, you can most likely count at least 2 more there. And I'm goin' try and get a couple of kids from my crew to come as well. I don't know if that helps the attendence count at all.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Just an FYI, I'll be bringing my TV & Cube/Smash, so yeah.

Man, I haven't been to a tourny for so freaking long, I know I'm going to be bad again playing the same people for so long the last couple months, but oh well. Gotta see if I can get my edge tech down before I head up there.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Just an FYI, I'll be bringing my TV & Cube/Smash, so yeah.

Man, I haven't been to a tourny for so freaking long, I know I'm going to be bad again playing the same people for so long the last couple months, but oh well. Gotta see if I can get my edge tech down before I head up there.
Youl do fine :p

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Doesn't look good...

It doesn't look good for Rafa-Son. He has work on Saturday, and it doesn't look like he can get it off, as he had already missed work on Wednesday. :( Chao and Soto now have a better chance of making it than Rafa-Son.

Gojira

Smash Lord
It doesn't look good for Rafa-Son. He has work on Saturday, and it doesn't look like he can get it off, as he had already missed work on Wednesday. :( Chao and Soto now have a better chance of making it than Rafa-Son.
So who woudl you be teaming with?

adn Melee marth.....Utah is just sexy like that so come down to Ultimate Showdown 2 :p

lengeta

Smash Ace
****, I wish Colorado was closer. It's next-door and still 10 hours away. I blame Denver, that big a city should have had a better anime convention than Utah, but nope.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hm...I may be a "lone wolf" tomorrow. Rafa-Son has work and Chao is stuck meeting with his girlfriend's sister (don't ask...guess the sisters are really close). Soto, I couldn't get in touch with. I'll try to update you guys tomorrow morning after I talk to him.
If Soto comes, I'll probably team up with him, as we are used to each other's play styles. If he doesn't, then I guess I'll need a partner... ;)

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Yup, that's what we get for living in the west, where all the BIG states are. I just kinda feel bad for the people that live in way-northern and way-southern cali. They are in the same state and still have to drive 8+ hours if they were to smash with each other..

But on to the real topic.
I am also looking for a teammate. Any takers?

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE!!!

My dad's house is going to work for the 27th!!!
But before, some real simple rules.
1. Just respect the house. Means don't break anything, and/or as such.
I know everyone will. This is just as a reminder.
2. No food or drink up where we're playing.
We have a kitchen down one small flight of stairs.

So that's really it.
Equipment is still needed
TV's: 1-house tv
Cubes/Wii's- 0
Powerstrips/extension cords- 0

I'll edit this post later for directions

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, it's official: I'm coming to this one alone. So that'll mean I'll need a partner for sure.

EDIT: Hmm...last minute change...Rafa-Son's coming, but only for doubles.

EDIT2: BTW, I'm bringing a GameCube+Smash, in case there's not enough GameCubes. If there's enough, then the portible LCD screen I'm bringing with it can act as a side-cube for friendlies during the tourny.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Well, I'm back already. Tons of fun! We had 18 players for singles all together, and I think I ranked in around 6th-ish.

I couldn't get my hands to tweak out and move as well as I wanted, but I feel like I played pretty good. I lost two matches I think I should have won, and won against Jeyt who had some really bad games with me.
Too bad Jeyt, you could have beaten me I'm sure.
I think this was my first time actually playing PC's Sheik, and in a tourny even! One of these days, PC, one of these days...
Gojira, you also had some bad games against me, you missed a lot of your combos on me. Down-throw -> up-clap is for loosers. T_T
Nate, I hate you. Thanks for being nice and not 4-stocking me I guess, I couldn't touch you tonight.
Rafa, your still too god****ed fast, I need to find someone who plays Falcon like you because I just can't get anything going against you.
Phil, your hilarious to listen to when playing. And your way better than me, and that's sorta cool in a weird way.
Other peepz, your all cool too, but my pizza's done so I gotta wrap up.

We had a couple first-timers. It was round-robin, so please don't get discouraged if you lost a lot of matches. Even if your not willing to throw money in I hope you guys all keep coming out just for some good Smash. Wiiiii!!!

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty cool Jeyt. You need equipment? I have three cubes, 2 of which I'll be able to bring for sure, If I'm able to go.... I'll see if I can't get my bro's to drive up (dunno if lengeta is going to be able to make it..). So... yeah. oh and 3/2 copies of smash, as well... And also if I get reallly ambitious I could bring a TV. doubt it, but if it's really needed.... We'll have to see:p.

Oh and about the tournament: I had lots of fun guys :). Overall I played pretty well, I think I totally could have taken rafa.... sooooo close =|. FtS against you I just kind of took it.... I'll blame the weird tv (from where I sat it was all faded at the top and just a weird size [used to 50x80 inch projector screen or the little ones]) so... yeah. Didn't do too hot against ya FtS.
I'll second what Lengeta said; Phil you were by far the coolest person to play with. Even though I lost I felt like I won, ya know? Just a good match all around.
Oh and Jeyt I've just got to rub it in that I beat your Dr. Mario with mine :D. Granted you wtf pwned me with your mario, even when I was ganondorf (don't take that match for anything.... I was terrible. I didn't warm up w/ him at all and couldnt wd or anything.. just, eww.) so... *rub*
Haha, and Gojira, the bowser ditto was pretty sweet, I can't believe you kept suiciding though ^o). We should Doc//Bowser again, I can totally beat ya :). And.... yeah. Thanks to all you other guys for the sweet smashing! PC... you're too good. Just thought I'd tell you :).

On a final note, any idea when the results will be posted? No rush or anything, I'm just curious what place I got and stuff...... I had 24 kills, so you individuals reading this, compare yourselves to that and know how much better you are than me :D
Yup... good times :) My muscles are all weakened cuz of all the adrenaline o.0, haha.... rafa after our match I was quaking like a... quaker. Or something. Shaky hands, ya know :p.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Dang, I wish I could have gone. I had too much important stuff to do today, though. I'll try really hard to make it to the next one. It will be easier for me at Jeyt's house than Gojira's, but I'll try to make it either way.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
well the first thing i would like to say is....YEAHHHH I GOT 2ND PLACE!!!!!
wow there were some very close matches.....jeff and cdbobo really surprised me. you guys are too good. come on, who plays with luigi and could kick my ***. and cdbobo, our match got me sweating...."why won't you die."
just for bragging rights, i would like to add: i beat rafa (2-1) fts (2-0). in sets: 16wins-1loss
i wish idaho could of came down so i would get more money :)

ps. NEVER DO ROUND ROBIN IN FUTURE BIWEEKLIES...only rr to brackets

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That was a pretty good tournament (despite the fact that it took FOREVER!!). Rafa-Son was lucky that there wasn't even ONE more person, as if there were, he was sure to be late for his work.
Oh, and doubles, once again, was a dud. We NEED to try to attract more people to doubles...somehow...
And Jeyt, I still haven't forgotten. :ohwell: It's quite funny (but upsetting to me) what happened. After almost everyone left, we were going to do a Boswer Handicap match (not Bowser Challenge, BTW) and there wasn't a memory card. So everyone went to go find one, so I just got mine out. I put the memory card in (after the game has loaded) and CAREFULLY, tried to load the data (as I've seen a friend's memory card overwritten by blank data before because of this). Then Jeyt comes into the room, picks up one of the controllers, and recklessly starts pressing buttons, and ends up OVERWRITTING MY GAME DATA with "BLANK" DATA. It was kind of upsetting at first, but it because funny (especially since Jeyt was running away from me, thinking I'll hurt him or something LOL) afterwards.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
It's not that hard to copy someone's data onto yours, so it's not that great of a loss.. still, you've lost your personal stats and stuff (vs matches, etc.) so I could see why you could be angry. It's good that you're not though :).
PC, I think if I practice against my brother a lot more (he mains sheik) I could eventually beat yours.. I mean I didn't really do that bad when we matched.
FtS is another story. I just couldn't seem to match his speed, heh... maybe if we play more I'll see patterns or something ^.^.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
It helps to get more people for teams when their partners are not banned from going to tournaments. Btw when are you going to have the power ranking up i would like to know what everyone placed

Junpappy

Smash Lord
It's not that hard to copy someone's data onto yours, so it's not that great of a loss.. still, you've lost your personal stats and stuff (vs matches, etc.) so I could see why you could be angry. It's good that you're not though :).
PC, I think if I practice against my brother a lot more (he mains sheik) I could eventually beat yours.. I mean I didn't really do that bad when we matched.
FtS is another story. I just couldn't seem to match his speed, heh... maybe if we play more I'll see patterns or something ^.^.
Lol. There ARE NO patterns to FtS' fox. He just kills you simple and plain.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
That's what I figured. I can hope though, right? =)
And I just have to say, the sexiest thing ever... bowser ledge tech. You know what I'm talkin about Gojira :)

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
What ledge tech?

P.C. my bad man. uhhhh. ya. opps.
cdbobo. I need to avenge my doc. we're going to have a $5 money match, best of three, on the 27th. BRING MONEY.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll take your $5... Lol, no, I'll most likely lose. Still, it'll be fun, and the money will make it more real or whatever. The thing is, you have better technical skill than I do I realize, but I'm just too weird for you to mindgame so far, hence I won :). Maybe I can keep mixin it up and win again =D.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
wow no results yet, if i can remember...
singles: pc, me, rafa, fts, jeyt, cdbobo&jeff (1st-7th)
doubles: pc&rafa, fts&gojira, me&gid

Gojira

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll take your $5... Lol, no, I'll most likely lose. Still, it'll be fun, and the money will make it more real or whatever. The thing is, you have better technical skill than I do I realize, but I'm just too weird for you to mindgame so far, hence I won :). Maybe I can keep mixin it up and win again =D.

I also want to do a best of 5 MM with my Bowser . . . .however I for the first time ever am going to miss a tourney...or...uh...the next BI. SO My MM against you CDBoBo will have to wait

Top Bottom