• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess I'll take the liberty on posting our results to Ankoku since no one else cares to, but I need to know who mained who.

1: KenNeth-Snake
2: X-Sonic
3: Yaz-Meta Knight?
4: DarkRyu-Diddy?
5: C!Z-Marth
5: Wangston-?
7: Minato-Olimar
7: Sada-?

I don't know who everyone mained at MA7 so tell me.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I guess I'll take the liberty on posting our results to Ankoku since no one else cares to, but I need to know who mained who.

1: KenNeth-Snake
2: X-Sonic
3: Yaz-Meta Knight?
4: DarkRyu-Diddy?
5: C!Z-Marth
5: Wangston-?
7: Minato-Olimar
7: Sada-?

I don't know who everyone mained at MA7 so tell me.
For me, yes Diddy.
Yaz plays meta knight
Wangston plays Falco.
and IDK about sada

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'm going to set the date for MA8 at October 18th, since a lot of people won't be able to make it on the other 2 weekends.

CorruptFate said:
Why was this time so different? Did knowone show or what?
David showed up too late to enter Brawl, but everyone else was there. There were several first timers, and a couple of our newer players actually practiced and placed higher. Is there a big surprise there or something?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I'm going to set the date for MA8 at October 18th, since a lot of people won't be able to make it on the other 2 weekends.

David showed up too late to enter Brawl, but everyone else was there. There were several first timers, and a couple of our newer players actually practiced and placed higher. Is there a big surprise there or something?
I didn't see any of the Mexi's in the the list and started to thing it was the end of the world or they didn't show. I mean one of the 7 signs that the world will end is Dia-a will lose a tourny, and another is ______ will start being nice to noobs.

slave1

Smash Lord
I didn't see any of the Mexi's in the the list and started to thing it was the end of the world or they didn't show. I mean one of the 7 signs that the world will end is Dia-a will lose a tourny, and another is ______ will start being nice to noobs.
LOLOLOL ___ must never be nice. having david loose would be good for him. :laugh:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol, I desperately want to go on the 18th, might even ride the bus if my friend can't take me.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I cant make the 18th. I could do the weekend after for sure.
Don't you have the money from the Melee tourney? If so and you can't come that's ********. If we have to wait 2 months to receive money from a tourney then we're just gonna have to have a if you leave rule you're DQ'd. I'm not just talkin about David I'm sayin for anybody. I've personally left in the middle of a tourneys before and the tourney was never held up before.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
David in a chicken-suit...I would love to see that! :chuckle:
And Layne, you should have stayed a bit longer. We had a blast doing THIS for 2 hours, non-stop. (FTS called it "Falcon Musical" -- a very fitting name.)
Thanks to this video I've had this freaking song stuck in my head ALL WEEK. :dizzy:

Also to make this post slightly on topic... I'm currently planning on coming on the 18th to pay my protection fees play some Smash.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Whats really ******** is the prize money leaving the venue before being awarded :ohwell:

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I hope I don't count as really new, I did go to MA3 (?) as Danny and not Minato.
Lol, I didn't know that. Would you mind me editing in Minato to the posted results? I thought you looked familiar ^^; 2-4 tournies is still pretty new, though. Do you have an IM you can add me to?

Btw, I forgot I didn't post this. Wangston, I do have your jacket. I also have somebody's wiimote (probably Rade's ?).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Lol, I didn't know that. Would you mind me editing in Minato to the posted results? I thought you looked familiar ^^; 2-4 tournies is still pretty new, though. Do you have an IM you can add me to?

Btw, I forgot I didn't post this. Wangston, I do have your jacket. I also have somebody's wiimote (probably Rade's ?).
Yeah, you can edit that. I think it was on MA 3. I don't have an IM account that I currently use right now.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Don't you have the money from the Melee tourney? If so and you can't come that's ********. If we have to wait 2 months to receive money from a tourney then we're just gonna have to have a if you leave rule you're DQ'd. I'm not just talkin about David I'm sayin for anybody. I've personally left in the middle of a tourneys before and the tourney was never held up before.
Yes while it really wasn't Davids fault he should still be DQed. Since it is partially my fault that I wont be coming on the 18th I will compensate it with a bonus into the pot itself. BTW C!Z, have you played junpei in losers finals Yet? I believe that is where it was left off at. I will have to find out through FTS.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone's interested, I have plenty of 2D PS2 fighting games that I could bring to MA 8. If you see a game you like, just ask. I'm considering:

Street Fighter III Third Strike
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
King of Fighters XI
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Capcom VS SNK 2
Marvel VS Capcom 2

The last two games are burned copies, so they'll have to run on my modded PS2.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yes while it really wasn't Davids fault he should still be DQed. Since it is partially my fault that I wont be coming on the 18th I will compensate it with a bonus into the pot itself. BTW C!Z, have you played junpei in losers finals Yet? I believe that is where it was left off at. I will have to find out through FTS.
Yeah we played. I won.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
So, almost every tournament I've hosted has had something to distinguish it from the rest. Sometimes it was planned, sometimes I got lucky. Sometimes a permanent addition, sometimes it was just once. You never know when you might get something like another pro coming (not likely for brawl...) or all of us going out to IHOP again! Seems like since brawl this hasn't happened much other than adding other games. Now that the "rollover" tournaments aren't in the way (except for melee finals), does anyone have ideas for MA8? It can be a permanent addition or a one-time thing, but it must be relatively memorable for the regulars.

The weirdest idea I can come up with is having a short time for "Falcon Musicals" (see PC's post) going on at EVERY TV, all synced up!

Also, let's get an attendance/supply list started for MA8 now.

Minato, GGXX would be cool, in addition to 3S of course.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, almost every tournament I've hosted has had something to distinguish it from the rest. Sometimes it was planned, sometimes I got lucky. Sometimes a permanent addition, sometimes it was just once. You never know when you might get something like another pro coming (not likely for brawl...) or all of us going out to IHOP again! Seems like since brawl this hasn't happened much other than adding other games. Now that the "rollover" tournaments aren't in the way (except for melee finals), does anyone have ideas for MA8? It can be a permanent addition or a one-time thing, but it must be relatively memorable for the regulars.

The weirdest idea I can come up with is having a short time for "Falcon Musicals" (see PC's post) going on at EVERY TV, all synced up!

Also, let's get an attendance/supply list started for MA8 now.

Minato, GGXX would be cool, in addition to 3S of course.
Lol, Falcon Musical. You beat me by one point at the end.

And sure, I'll bring GGXX and 3S.

Top Bottom