• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up B in the air as an offensive move.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
It does around 30 damage if timed properly, and I'm wondering why no one uses this trick. I think it would be fairly effective as a damage builder, especially if you short hop out of your shield and up b next your opponent while tilting left or right.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Because if you get hit you lose all your jumps and generally die.
I do, however, like to use it as a surprise hit, such as when I space it to outprioritize someone's aerial that I otherwise would not be able to hit (curse you Ganondorf) - but again, getting hit off the stage and having no jumps is bad.

Using it out of shield is not really that great because of its slow start-up; generally they'll get the next hit in before Kirby. I'll use it if I expect my opponent to get hit by it, such as when they hit my shield and then I expect them to jump.

For the most part, when I'm using the Final Cutter in the air, it's usually for recovery.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Having a sword is a good thing. That's why Marth, Link, and Roy are so popular. But few people realize that Kirby also has a sword, hidden in his Up-b. People don't use this technique because swallowing a Marth or Roy is a way to get a better sword.

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
Having a sword is a good thing. That's why Marth, Link, and Roy are so popular. But few people realize that Kirby also has a sword, hidden in his Up-b. People don't use this technique because swallowing a Marth or Roy is a way to get a better sword.
hmmm... big sword > pocket knife?

Althou, if u get roy's its a FIER knife, so i guess that means something :psycho:

lol @ no mention of young link

Nashun

Smash Ace
If the opponent gets close to you, lets you hit him with up+b, doesn't meteor cancel the spike, and crouch cancels all of the hits on the ground projectile, you might get about 15 damage. I'm thinking he's playing 2v1 or FFA or something to be able to rack up the 30 damage?

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
What is the joke with up B being the best move and doing 30% ? I don't get it.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It's a pretty fun move to try out. Slow and laggy when you try using it. Sadly wehhen you get hit, you lose all your jumps and "die." (As timmy said)

Probably when someone uses a slow recovery attack, you could pull this off.

Other than that I use it to intercept opponents coming back on the stage with the "wave" part.

Top Bottom