• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up B in the air as an offensive move.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It does around 30 damage if timed properly, and I'm wondering why no one uses this trick. I think it would be fairly effective as a damage builder, especially if you short hop out of your shield and up b next your opponent while tilting left or right.

Percon

Smash Lord
Wait, you again? Um... I'm sure all the UPB moves aren't used offensively for a reason. Though I think Ganon's is used off the stage sometimes.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
You could have at least editted it from the DK version so it doesn't say "30 damage"

The only character that could reasonable use this is Luigi (using the sweet spot) and Ganondorf + c.Falcon but even then if it's not done right it's basically suicide if the other player takes advantage of it.

phish-it

Smash Champion
This move is really underratted. Try it out once in a while, it works out of the shield when the opponent hits you from behind.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
this works retardedly good against marth on DL64, if you want to do i mean. after a missed fsmash, upb him but still i would go for WD out of shield to grab or fair him. still very unpredictable.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
The closest thing of using this move aside from recovery is pretty much when the opponent shields the Foward-B (since the move pushes the character away a few spaces), leaves it in a really good range for and up -B, and some people try to shieldgrab that move

Sparx

Smash Cadet
Use it after a DownB.

After you DownB and you and your opponent are both off the stage (assuming you both went horizontally), depending on your opponent's damage they should be in perfect range for an UpB.

There are many other moves which work much better, but if you're feeling flashy, go ahead and use it.

Top Bottom