• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the Honor Rule

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
to make a game harder.

- In Brawl Story mode, use no stickers, intense difficulty, no second jump.

- Halo 3 story mode with all skulls on

- Pokemon: any version. Terrible party of pokemon like Linoone and Butterfree or just 1 pokemon for battle (still need those HM slaves)

Insert other examples

Current-gen games seem to be so easy now, anyone else make their own rules to make them harder?

Thought I was gonna say something about Chaingrabs, at first, didn't you?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
to make a game harder.

- In Brawl Story mode, use no stickers, intense difficulty, no second jump.

- Halo 3 story mode with all skulls on

- Pokemon: any version. Terrible party of pokemon like Linoone and Butterfree or just 1 pokemon for battle (still need those HM slaves)

Insert other examples

Current-gen games seem to be so easy now, anyone else make their own rules to make them harder?

Thought I was gonna say something about Chaingrabs, at first, didn't you?
Linoone is actually a legitimately decent pokemon, with proper support, it can use a single turn of set up and sweep an entire team. I have a team to play Shoddy Battle Pokemon online that uses linoone, and i've decimated people with the team. It's actually a really funny strategy:

---Use Uxie to set up reflect and light screen, halving physical and special attacks.
---Use memento, which faints uxie, lowers the opponents physical and special attacks 2 stages (basically halve it again), and get a free switch to linoone.
---Send in Linoone, with a salac berry hold item (raises speed X1.5, at 25% or less, but his ability does it at 50% instead).
---Belly drum as they do pitiful damage, quadrupling your attack and making you faster than almost everything because of salac berry.
---Sweep everything with Extreme Speed, Shadow Claw, and Seed Bomb.

The best part is that Extreme Speed gets priority so it ruins any other priority users or if they have a choice scarf (speed boosting item). It's 80 base power, but gets STAB for being normal, bumping it up to 120.

If only steel types didn't resist everything, but it's definitely capable of decimating an entire team.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Doesn't decimate mean "destroy by 1/10th?"

It's attack stat is pretty bad even with the boost. Bronzong, Scizor, Steelix, Hippowdon, Gyrados, anyone with decent HP or defense will survive an attack and then they can hit you with their own attack on a Pokemon with mediocre everything (except speed) and half HP.

The diverse moveset might help somewhat on switch-ins, but steel types are really popular in the metagame. :/

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Brawl:Don't use Meta-Knight.
Brawl Classic Mode:One stock, intense, Captain Falcon, Only moves allowed to use are KoJ(Must sweetspot) and Falcon Punch. Falcon dive if you need to recover, but restart if you hit someone with it. If you don't sweetspot a knee, but hit, you must restart.

Tales Of Symphonia:Don't put Raine in your party, don't use techs.

Fire Emblem-Radiant Dawn:Keep Ike on the back lines, Don't use any Tiger Laguz, No boss-stalling, All Bronze and Iron weapons. Hard Mode.

AfroQT

Smash Master
YEAH I PLAY GHOSTS AND GOBLINS: SUPER POWERFUL EDITION AND I PLAY WITHOUT JUMPING

I BEAT HALO WITHOUT MOVING

I PLAY SMASH WITH NO CONTROLLER

I PLAY WOW WITH NO RAGE AS A WARRIOR AND NO MANA AS A MAGE

BLACK POWER

Pollywog Priest

Purple

Hi guys!
i remember a challenge for final fantasy xii, the 122333 challenge. where you must beat the game with your levels being 1 for your main character, 2 for two following character, and 3 for the final three, i forgot how exactly you keep them at that level.

tubes

Smash Ace
I know of no such challenges for Grandia 2. But that game is the perfect candidate for that ****.

I wonder if a don't get hit challenge is possible. no "kills everything on the screen" moves allowed of course.

Top Bottom